Basketball rules and enforcing them

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Basketball rules and enforcing them

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

At what point will refs begin to control coaches during a game when they seem to roam the entire side of their court? I've witnessed coaches coming 6-8ft onto the court, coaches going down the side court to mid court line and down to the baseline.

This is a problem state wide it seems...
Last edited by BiddyBallDaddy on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Basketball rules and enforcing them

Post by Pol pot »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:At what point will refs begin to control coaches during a game when they seem to roam the entire side of their court? I've witnessed coaches coming 6-8ft onto the court, coaches going down the side court to mid court line and down to the baseline.

This is a problem state wide it seems...

If they are coaching their kids you do nothing. Quite being the whiney fan who's looking for a reason your team is getting beat.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

This was brought up after watching a college coach receiving a technical foul. My team has nothing to do with this, go back to your cave old man.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

They won't do anything unless he's yelling at the refs and they will warn the coach first.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

"my team has nothing to do with this", then why does it bother you? Seems like it's all about Jr. so you are correct, it's never about the team in your post.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

thebarlowbandit wrote:"my team has nothing to do with this", then why does it bother you? Seems like it's all about Jr. so you are correct, it's never about the team in your post.
I guess you can't read either. I'm not bringing up the topic because a team I watch won or lost because of this rule. Few friends and I were watching a college game, one friend makes the comment, "That coach just got T'd up for coming too far out on the court, but in high school it seems like they never say anything to a coach".

This and only this is why I am questioning we don't see more coaches warned or accessed a technical foul. This was a question about a rule.

When the morons stop reading into a question too far and realize that it's a simple question this could actually get answered.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

smurray wrote:They won't do anything unless he's yelling at the refs and they will warn the coach first.
Thank you, I just wonder how far a coach can actually go until something is said.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

funny, I told you the same thing but you kept going, and had to yet again, throw your kid's name into the thread. Is your agent paying you for every mention?

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

As a certifiable official, I can tell you I don't mind a coach up and moving around and even off the sidelines if they are coaching. But, if they try such tactics as the stomp, the stare, the stromp, or any combination of these, I am forced to let them know who their daddy really is! Usually I am able to reach a monetary solution with the boosters that avoids any unnecessary calls to begin with.

Return to “Boys Basketball”