DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

!!!
Waterboy

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by !!! »

!!! wrote:
inthepaint wrote:
JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:what are the records of 6-11.
Fairfield 9-10
Western 8-10
S Webster 6-11
Manchester 5-13
Whiteoak 4-12
Glenwood 2-15

Western is 9-9
My bad! Seen someone else already mentioned that before I did

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Out of our top 5 in this sectional, who do you think would have the best shot to beat Trimble?? I think Trimble is the best over on the other side. I'd take them over Waterford. I know that Trimble is pretty darn good. To beat Minford by 20+, you are good.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

My Opinion how the seeding may go
1 Peebles -tough schedule/non-league
2 East-As much as it hurts me to-2 wins over Eastern and N.D.
3 Eastern-wins against Peebles and Clay
4 N.D. 2 wins over Clay
5 Clay-wins over-East-Western-South Webster
6/7-Western or South Webster Saw both play very comparable teams I believe double overtime game head to head
8. Fairfield never seen
9/10 Manchester and Whiteoak Seen Manchester
11 New Boston seen New Boston-improving young team

Not sure that Peebles will slip to 4/5 as several have posted. I believe one would have to witnessed a game of each team to give an informed opinion.
Again I wish coaches did this in person and face to face and not hide behind a computer. I am not sure there is much league loyalty there with the coaches. Will be intertesting to see the outcome.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

IMO,

1 East
2 Eastern
3 Peebles
4 ND
5 Clay
6 Fairfield
7 SW
8 Western
9 Whiteoak
10 Manchester
11 NB

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Well as much as it should matter,schedule really does not matter that much in voting for seeds. It mostly goes on your record. The coaches use to do this in person but the OHSAA changed it for some reason. Peebles will be either the 3 or 4. Does Peebles play Lynchburg Friday? If Peebles does and if they beat Lynchburg than they may go to the 3 seed other wise they are at the 4. ND beat South Point who beat Portsmouth. I think as of now the seedings are East, Eastern, ND, Peebles, Clay are the top 5. ND and Peebles could flip but I really don't see Peebles getting the 3. I bet Clay will vote Peebles the 3 because they would rather play ND than Peebles. . I am sure the 6 and 11 seed would rather see ND than Peebles. 3 and 4 seed are the two that could flip. What really matters is not who the best team is, not who plays the toughest schedule, its who would rather play who. I think teams are going to try to avoid Peebles. So no matter your schedule competition or your record its all about avoiding certain teams. I think there needs to be a committee to seed teams.
Last edited by JustPlayBasketball12 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Well as much as it should matter,schedule really does not matter that much in voting for seeds. It mostly goes on your record. The coaches use to do this in person but the OHSAA changed it for some reason. Peebles will be either the 3 or 4. Does Peebles play Lynchburg Friday? If Peebles does and if they beat Lynchburg than they may go to the 3 seed other wise they are at the 4. ND beat South Point who beat Portsmouth. I think as of now the seedings are East, Eastern, ND, Peebles, Clay are the top 5. ND and Peebles could flip but I really don't see Peebles getting the 3. I bet Clay will vote Peebles the 3. I am sure the 6 and 11 seed would rather see ND than Peebles. 3 and 4 seed are the two that could flip.

I agree with your projections completely.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

What really matters is not who the best team is, not who plays the toughest schedule, its who would rather play who. I think teams are going to try to avoid Peebles. So no matter your schedule competition or your record its all about avoiding certain teams. I think there needs to be a committee to seed teams.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

bbjunky81 wrote:South Webster is 7-10, not 6-11.
I had the loss to Valley made Webster's record 7 / 12. I did not go back to check however so could be wrong :)

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Well as much as it should matter,schedule really does not matter that much in voting for seeds. It mostly goes on your record. The coaches use to do this in person but the OHSAA changed it for some reason. Peebles will be either the 3 or 4. Does Peebles play Lynchburg Friday? If Peebles does and if they beat Lynchburg than they may go to the 3 seed other wise they are at the 4. ND beat South Point who beat Portsmouth. I think as of now the seedings are East, Eastern, ND, Peebles, Clay are the top 5. ND and Peebles could flip but I really don't see Peebles getting the 3. I bet Clay will vote Peebles the 3. I am sure the 6 and 11 seed would rather see ND than Peebles. 3 and 4 seed are the two that could flip.

I agree with your projections completely.
Peebles plays Lynchburg again 2/12 to end the season.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

rosemount guy wrote:
asb wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:I do not believe that anyone, except East faithful that witnessed the game tuesday at Clay , could think East is a. better team than Clay AT THIS TIME. Clay playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not taking anything away from East and what they have done this year. But talking present time I believe Clay playing better. Clay had a nice win tonight against a good South Webster team that i believe beat East last week by double figures.
Do you still believe this way or do you believe Clay played out of their minds vs East at home like I said. Going to be a great sectional
I believe Clay matches ups well against East. For some reason they always seem to have problems with N.D. One reason N.D. they play defense.
still not making sense lmao...so you must be saying east doesn't play defense, ok well they came back from down 10 points vs clay and won by 14(24 point swing with no defense), they beat the same ND team that as you put it "plays D" BY 17 points and 24 points. please help me understand what you're trying to say, please...they even beat an Eastern team that has beaten Clay at home and will probably more than likely beat them at the nest. face it, Clay when shooting well can beat anyone, vs east they as a team shot lights out and east couldn't make anything. clay won..last year clay was deeper than the young east team with those seniors, this is a new year although east starts 2 freshman 1 soph and 2 jrs. ......i just don't understand the hate for east....take any other team in the league and start 2 fresh,1soph and 2 jrs and i bet they'll finish at the bottom have...give credit where its due

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

asb wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:
asb wrote: Do you still believe this way or do you believe Clay played out of their minds vs East at home like I said. Going to be a great sectional
I believe Clay matches ups well against East. For some reason they always seem to have problems with N.D. One reason N.D. they play defense.
still not making sense lmao...so you must be saying east doesn't play defense, ok well they came back from down 10 points vs clay and won by 14(24 point swing with no defense), they beat the same ND team that as you put it "plays D" BY 17 points and 24 points. please help me understand what you're trying to say, please...they even beat an Eastern team that has beaten Clay at home and will probably more than likely beat them at the nest. face it, Clay when shooting well can beat anyone, vs east they as a team shot lights out and east couldn't make anything. clay won..last year clay was deeper than the young east team with those seniors, this is a new year although east starts 2 freshman 1 soph and 2 jrs. ......i just don't understand the hate for east....take any other team in the league and start 2 fresh,1soph and 2 jrs and i bet they'll finish at the bottom half of league...give credit where its due
OH YOU FORGOT TO ADD EAST WIN VS CLAY IN YOUR ARGUMENT FOR THEIR SEEDING AS BAD AS YOU HATED TO DO IT LOL, THAT SHOULD MAKE THEM 1 SEED NOW

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

ASB, I did not mention the Clay blowout against East either, now see what you caused me to do again.lol. You don't think for a minute that Clay would like to see East/Clay at the 4-5 to play. I believe the Clay team matches well against East. As stated N.D. gives them problems. Has a lot to do with Match ups. And no East does not play the same defense intensity that we see from N.D. I just believe the game scores/results support that. I could care less what grade your kids are. I am talking about the difference when we see East vs N.D. My opinion period as is my seeding opinion. Not trying to change your mind , just enlighten it.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

ASB. sorry i did mention Clay win over East. I stand corrected, still I see East as the 2 seed.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

[/quote] I believe Clay matches ups well against East. For some reason they always seem to have problems with N.D. One reason N.D. they play defense [/quote]

All things considered they do match up well with East, but that being said they are still 2-2 against the Tartans the past two seasons. I'll try not to take the play defense quote as a jab, because the Tartans can be inconsistent on that end. ND does do a nice job on the defensive end.

Still not sure what the source of your anti-East rhetoric is, but you seem to be about the only one holding on to a dream that the Tartans are not the #1 seed in this sectional. The SHAC is down, whether anyone cares to admit it. Nothing away from Peebles, but who are their truly good wins against? This doesn't mean I don't think they are still really good, but where is the hard evidence?

Things will likely shake out the way they should. Trimble probably is the cream of the crop on the other side, but they have already proven beatable and definitely are not as good as they were a year ago.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I think it would be difficult for coaches to dictate for example where peebles would be seeded under the current computer format. Not sure exactly how it works maybe there is a blueprint. In person obviously coaches could dictate a specific seed easier. You think the SHL coaches view Peebles high, the same with Eastern Pike. Western has always been favorable towards the SHL. The problems Clay had this year with N.D. not sure they would mind Peebles. But looking at their losses you have to think of Peebles as one of the top teams. again, my opinion as is everything else posted.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I think you're making some far reaching assumptions that aren't informed by anything other than opinions. These coaches have to play this game every year. Coaches want rewarded when their teams have had a good season, and they usually do a good job of returning the favor when others are having quality seasons. There's only so much railroading that these coaches would do. How many teams in the SHAC even have a winning record? What about their losses? They're still losses. Tell me about their wins. You still refuse to answer most of the valid questions I've asked.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles plays 11 league games. The division they are in is Lynchburg Clay, Eastern Brown,North Adams, west Union ,and ripley.who they play twice One game is counted in the league. They play the other shac schools in the other division one time which are all league games. Otherwise games are non league or holiday tourney games. We usually play two or three games against svc schools.that leaves a couple games such as Portsmouth and the last few years Summit Country Day or whoever.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I think they (Peebles) schedule as tough as anybody. Not criticizing that at all. It's also not their fault that the SHAC is down (my opinion). Rodeo1, who would you consider Peebles best wins to be against?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I can't wait to see how each coach votes in this sectional. Bonding together will be easy to detect as there is no way 3-5 coaches actually agree on 1-7 seeds.

Peebles will play South Webster....if that doesn't happen then Eastern will play South Webster and Peebles will face Western.

I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

You don't think Peebles and Clay could get locked in at the 4 and 5?

Return to “Boys Basketball”