DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by rosemount guy »

Regarding the anti-East rhetoric, My comment is if your team is beating a team nearly 40 points late in 4th ,how can you say a week later that team is now better than yours. That is head to head. Just do the reverse and see if you could post that . That is the problem I am having. Someone also mentioned East winning the 2nd half at East by 24 points. Clay was up 10,won the first half, up 12-14 in game 2 and doubled that in the 2nd half of game 2. That means Clay won 3 of 4 halves this year. I have constantly said East has had a great year. Kinda feel like I am beating a dead horse. Respect your opinion just as I hope you do mine. Good luck and would love to see a Clay/East match up.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I have to assume the coaches get the results/voting by each coach. Is that allowed to be made public?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:You don't think Peebles and Clay could get locked in at the 4 and 5?
I'll be shocked.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

rosemount guy wrote:I have to assume the coaches get the results/voting by each coach. Is that allowed to be made public?
Heck yeah it's allowed and if someone seems themselves screwed....it'll be on here.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

No one is denying that Clay spanked East at Clay. It happened, but to suggest it would be/is the norm is a different subject. The Tartans played terrible that game, and Clay had a lot to do with that. I've also acknowledged that East doesn't "seem" to match up well with Clay, but they have still split with them the past 2 seasons. Why is that? The seedings/tournament projections shouldn't be based on how you fare against one team, but against the field. When that is measured, no one in this sectional looks better than East.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:I think they (Peebles) schedule as tough as anybody. Not criticizing that at all. It's also not their fault that the SHAC is down (my opinion). Rodeo1, who would you consider Peebles best wins to be against?
North Adams x3 including holiday tourney at na. Eastern Brown at Eastern,fayetteville at fayetteville, tough losses : Portsmouth which we led at the half and close till end when we had to foul.,Lynchburg at Lynchburg in ot,Eastern Brown went to the final buzzer,Eastern Pike a game that we missed 11 layups in the first half, and Summit which had too many players 10 deep.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Lets agree to respectfully disagree and start tearing down other teams. lol I am anxious to see the seeding on Sunday and good luck to all-even you Tartans. Maybe we could get a district game and settle this once and for all, or at least till next year.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Rodeo1 wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:I think they (Peebles) schedule as tough as anybody. Not criticizing that at all. It's also not their fault that the SHAC is down (my opinion). Rodeo1, who would you consider Peebles best wins to be against?
North Adams x3 including holiday tourney at na. Eastern Brown at Eastern,fayetteville at fayetteville, tough losses : Portsmouth which we led at the half and close till end when we had to foul.,Lynchburg at Lynchburg in ot,Eastern Brown went to the final buzzer,Eastern Pike a game that we missed 11 layups in the first half, and Summit which had too many players 10 deep.
Fayetteville is 11-5,Lynchburg is 15-2,easterbrown and Easter Pike around 13 wins,North Adams around 12 wins,Summit 17 wins,Portsmouth 13 or so wins. I think we have played good competition. We will see how it shakes out. All of these but two are D3

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

It's incredible how much tension this year between the teams which makes the tournament time great! Let's face it, Peebles, Eastern, East, Clay, Notre Dame, Webster, and Western are all very talented groups. Some match up better than others. Who would of thought that East would beat Notre Dame by 17, then lose to clay very badly. Then to see Notre Dame beat Clay twice. Or see Symmes Valley almost get take out Eastern who beat Clay, but Clay easily beat Symmes. Arguments can be said about each and every team, but the bottom line is match ups with other teams. Come tournament I would say East would want to avoid Clay, Clay would want to avoid Notre Dame, Eastern would want to avoid East, and all the accusations are based off of how they've matched up this year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster was inches away from beating Minford tonight. A late turnover really hurt them! It would have been interesting to see how such a big win like that could alter Webster's seed..

.... But, no need to talk about What If's! All I know is this Sectional will be a battle!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

danicalifornia wrote:On probably Wednesday, I'm going to do some research on these teams and give a 100% objective ranking, just for fun. Especially since I have absolutely no rooting interest.
Is it gonna happen?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Often this sectional has 4-6 pretty good teams....this year there are 7. I think 1-7 are as tight as I've seen this sectional in my 18 years of following it.

Many years I have thought the 4 and 5 seeds have been stronger than the 3 seeds. Eastern Pike replacing Paint Valley adds to the depth of this sectional and this is the best the SOC 1 as a whole has looked that I can remember....on the flip side the SHAC is as about as down as I can recall in this sectional.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Rodeo1 wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote:
Fayetteville is 11-5,Lynchburg is 15-2,easterbrown and Easter Pike around 13 wins,North Adams around 12 wins,Summit 17 wins,Portsmouth 13 or so wins. I think we have played good competition. We will see how it shakes out. All of these but two are D3
oh ,and western and Piketon were really scrappy and good games.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Ironman92 wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:I have to assume the coaches get the results/voting by each coach. Is that allowed to be made public?
Heck yeah it's allowed and if someone seems themselves screwed....it'll be on here.
I saw posters talk about it but never seen printed results. Would be nice if the southeastern board would post the voting results of each sectional along with the brackets/seeds. The results meaning the ballots as submitted by each coach. I am sure some will argue to keep in confidential. Maybe someday the OHSAA could raise some add'l funds,ha! ha! to use computer rankings as done in football. Assume this would address /reward the teams with the quality wins,etc. At first glance would make sense.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Right now, my completely unbiased opinion:

1. East
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Fairfield
9. Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11. New Boston

I went back and forth a lot with East and Eastern. Decided to go with the Tartans in the end. I don't truly believe that Peebles is the 3rd best team, but I just don't see any way that they aren't playing Webster in the Sectional Finals. The SHAC is way down, but Peebles also hasn't lost to a bad team yet.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Fairfield will play Manchester in the 8 and 9 game.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

danicalifornia wrote:Right now, my completely unbiased opinion:

1. East
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. South Webster
7. Western
8. Fairfield
9. Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11. New Boston

I went back and forth a lot with East and Eastern. Decided to go with the Tartans in the end. I don't truly believe that Peebles is the 3rd best team, but I just don't see any way that they aren't playing Webster in the Sectional Finals. The SHAC is way down, but Peebles also hasn't lost to a bad team yet.
Was hoping it would be based on your opinion for seeding not where you think the coaches will try to put teams, ex. the Peebles/ South Webster issue you bring up. Not sure that is an issue with all the SOC 1 schools as some think. Respect S.W. but not trying to set up some match up. If you don't believe Peebles is the 3rd best team, where are they? Hard to see if you mean higher or lower.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Yes Peebles beat North Adams 3 times but who else have they beat. What I keep reading and getting from all this Peebles tough schedule is that you can lose 6 or 7 games and get a better seed than a team that has only lost 4 games to top teams just because your schedule is "tougher". The SOC 1 is more competitive this year than the SHAC. Peebles and ND both have the same argument on losses. It needs to go back to quality wins and I think ND wins are better than Peebles. I think Clay is better than North Adams. ND and Peebles both lost to Eastern and they have both beat Western. It is going to come down to who would rather play who. Like I said Western/Webster would rather play ND than Peebles. Clay I think would rather play ND than Peebles. After that it'll come down to conference loyalty. 1 and 2 are set and 5 is set. 3 and 4 are the seeds in question. Also, you have to look at beyond the sectional tournament, If East gets the 1 seed, they would have to play the 3 seed at the NW sectional in the district finals if they win, so I am sure they would rather see ND than Peebles. If Eastern gets the 2 seed, they would rather see ND in the district finals than Peebles, so Eastern may vote ND the 4. IT'S ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS

inthepaint
Waterboy

Post by inthepaint »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Yes Peebles beat North Adams 3 times but who else have they beat. What I keep reading and getting from all this Peebles tough schedule is that you can lose 6 or 7 games and get a better seed than a team that has only lost 4 games to top teams just because your schedule is "tougher". The SOC 1 is more competitive this year than the SHAC. Peebles and ND both have the same argument on losses. It needs to go back to quality wins and I think ND wins are better than Peebles. I think Clay is better than North Adams. ND and Peebles both lost to Eastern and they have both beat Western. It is going to come down to who would rather play who. Like I said Western/Webster would rather play ND than Peebles. Clay I think would rather play ND than Peebles. After that it'll come down to conference loyalty. 1 and 2 are set and 5 is set. 3 and 4 are the seeds in question. Also, you have to look at beyond the sectional tournament, If East gets the 1 seed, they would have to play the 3 seed at the NW sectional in the district finals if they win, so I am sure they would rather see ND than Peebles. If Eastern gets the 2 seed, they would rather see ND in the district finals than Peebles, so Eastern may vote ND the 4. IT'S ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS
Your problem is that you don't get out of Portsmouth to know about anybody else. Unlike the Soc 1 Peebles attempts to play a competitive schedule. Notre Dame, Clay and East only play div 4 schools and never try to amp up their schedules. That's why they get knocked off early in the tournament.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

ND has played South Point d3, Northwest D3, Coal Grove D3, Greenup County KY which they would be D3 or D2 in Ohio. Trust me I do get out of Portsmouth buddy. Peebles may be the best team in this sectional, not taking anything away from them but most of the seeding goes by record and matchups. Take a chill pill buddy, I wasn't trying to say Peebles is not good, all I said was just because your schedule is tougher a loss is a loss. Shoulda won and coulda won its still a loss. You took that way out of context. I am done with this topic because people like you.

Return to “Boys Basketball”