DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Troy
Freshman Team

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by Troy »

Northwest is 1-16?

South Point and Greenup are good scheduled teams.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:ND has played South Point d3, Northwest D3, Coal Grove D3, Greenup County KY which they would be D3 or D2 in Ohio. Trust me I do get out of Portsmouth buddy. Peebles may be the best team in this sectional, not taking anything away from them but most of the seeding goes by record and matchups. Take a chill pill buddy, I wasn't trying to say Peebles is not good, all I said was just because your schedule is tougher a loss is a loss. Shoulda won and coulda won its still a loss. You took that way out of context. I am done with this topic because people like you.
Don't forget ND played Portsmouth and lost 64-63 on a missed layup by ND to win the game this year. Dont believe it counted on their record for whatever reason but ot was a real 4 quater game. ND has played some tough games. I personally think there is not much drop off in talent no matter what division in S.E.O....the biggest disparity may be coaching

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

And this was at Portsmouth. ...Peebles lose worse to Portsmouth at home.....its safe to assume theres not that big of a difference in the quality of the two teams

inthepaint
Waterboy

Post by inthepaint »

Foundation games are scrimmages. You can't compare them to real games.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Really believe that there is not more than 5-10 points separating the top 8 teams in this sectional. While I believe the top tier teams would beat Western, Webster, and Fairfield on most nights, all it takes is one off game in the tournament and your season is over. And those three teams are all capable of ending a high seed's season early.

The hardest team I have placing in this sectional is Peebles. They have a similar record as the SOC I schools but played a pretty good schedule. Problem though is they lost at home to Beaver Eastern. They could end up anywhere from 1-4 in my opinion with any of those seeds being justified.

Something that hasn't been brought up much though is that the draw is done by computer now. Will this take away some of the conference allies that were always there before when everybody was in the same room? Seems that it'd be a lot easier to screw over a conference mate from behind your computer screen as opposed to being in the same room with them and doing it to their face.*

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

inthepaint wrote:Foundation games are scrimmages. You can't compare them to real games.
Was you there? Ive played in and watched scrimmage games. ..it wasn't played or coached like a scrimmage game...neither team or coach wanted to lose. Call it what you wish though...my point is ND is Just as good if not better than Peebles.

inthepaint
Waterboy

Post by inthepaint »

asb wrote:
inthepaint wrote:Foundation games are scrimmages. You can't compare them to real games.
Was you there? Ive played in and watched scrimmage games. ..it wasn't played or coached like a scrimmage game...neither team or coach wanted to lose. Call it what you wish though...my point is ND is Just as good if not better than Peebles.
And coaches don't coach in or want to lose scrimmages?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote:Really believe that there is not more than 5-10 points separating the top 8 teams in this sectional. While I believe the top tier teams would beat Western, Webster, and Fairfield on most nights, all it takes is one off game in the tournament and your season is over. And those three teams are all capable of ending a high seed's season early.

The hardest team I have placing in this sectional is Peebles. They have a similar record as the SOC I schools but played a pretty good schedule. Problem though is they lost at home to Beaver Eastern. They could end up anywhere from 1-4 in my opinion with any of those seeds being justified.

Something that hasn't been brought up much though is that the draw is done by computer now. Will this take away some of the conference allies that were always there before when everybody was in the same room? Seems that it'd be a lot easier to screw over a conference mate from behind your computer screen as opposed to being in the same room with them and doing it to their face.*

All coaches are given a paper of how each team voted after the seeds are given. So, yes, they could screw them. However, how they voted is given to each coach.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

Half of East's games each year played at HOME. Short floor. Slower play typical. Restraining line. Bench players and coaches on floor making slide line play tight. No three-point shooting from the wings. Major contact between players. Chaotic play typical. Noise typically an issue. Teams struggle with communication. Officials even say it is hard to officiate there. Kudos to Coach Bailey and past coaches for taking advantage of it. It's a major advantage. East has historically struggled on bigger floors with teams who play at a quicker pace (ex. East 2-2 v clay last two years, 2-0 at home, 0-2 at Clay). It'll be interesting to see if they can change that.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Bastogne wrote:Half of East's games each year played at HOME. Short floor. Slower play typical. Restraining line. Bench players and coaches on floor making slide line play tight. No three-point shooting from the wings. Major contact between players. Chaotic play typical. Noise typically an issue. Teams struggle with communication. Officials even say it is hard to officiate there. Kudos to Coach Bailey and past coaches for taking advantage of it. It's a major advantage. East has historically struggled on bigger floors with teams who play at a quicker pace (ex. East 2-2 v clay last two years, 2-0 at home, 0-2 at Clay). It'll be interesting to see if they can change that.
Haters gonna hate! :lol:

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Bastogne wrote:Half of East's games each year played at HOME. Short floor. Slower play typical. Restraining line. Bench players and coaches on floor making slide line play tight. No three-point shooting from the wings. Major contact between players. Chaotic play typical. Noise typically an issue. Teams struggle with communication. Officials even say it is hard to officiate there. Kudos to Coach Bailey and past coaches for taking advantage of it. It's a major advantage. East has historically struggled on bigger floors with teams who play at a quicker pace (ex. East 2-2 v clay last two years, 2-0 at home, 0-2 at Clay). It'll be interesting to see if they can change that.
Where do I start?

Half of everybody's games played each year are at home genius. Short floor, yes. Slower play typical? Are you serious? Have you ever watched a game there? Quicker, more back and fort h play...yes. Chaotic play typical, yes. Noise is an issue, yes. Who doesn't typically have an advantage, and play better at home?

Teams can/do struggle with communication there...that would include for East as well. No three point shooting in the corner? That means East's shooters can't shoot from there as well. Contact between players, yes? What about years when East doesn't have a big or physical team? There are years/teams where the small floor really hurts East depending on their personnel.

By historically struggled on big floors do you mean the past few seasons or more? How does using 1 match up for 2 seasons illustrate anything? Who else has split with Clay the past 2 seasons with both winning at home? Not that uncommon.

East can/has played well on big floors. They have had more tournament success than all but a few of the teams in this sectional over the years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

art_vandelay wrote:Really believe that there is not more than 5-10 points separating the top 8 teams in this sectional. While I believe the top tier teams would beat Western, Webster, and Fairfield on most nights, all it takes is one off game in the tournament and your season is over. And those three teams are all capable of ending a high seed's season early.

Have voted this way for 3 years in XC...the coaches still do the same things. This way though coaches will have a thorough view of each coaches seed choices.

I do feel Peebles game at Eastern was a bit of a misread as I believe they are way closer than that game...but on that night Eastern drilled them and that was noteworthy. It's hard for me to gather enough info to know where Peebles accurately fits in this sectional....they also took 15-2 Lynchburg Clay into overtime at Lynchburg.

I still say it's completely moo though. Peebles vs Webster

OUbobcats98
Waterboy

Post by OUbobcats98 »

Your problem is that you don't get out of Portsmouth to know about anybody else. Unlike the Soc 1 Peebles attempts to play a competitive schedule. Notre Dame, Clay and East only play div 4 schools and never try to amp up their schedules. That's why they get knocked off early in the tournament.[/quote]

Think this is pretty funny speaking that Peebles lost to Eastern which isn't top of the SOC I, so maybe Peebles should schedule more SOC I schools if they want a competitive schedule. Peebles did also play Western beating them but would have liked to see them play Notre Dame, East, or Clay. No doubt the SHAC is down other than Lynchburg which Peebles lost too, and the only two good out of conference games Peebles played was Eastern, Portsmouth, and Summit Country Day which were all loses.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

OUbobcats98 wrote:Your problem is that you don't get out of Portsmouth to know about anybody else. Unlike the Soc 1 Peebles attempts to play a competitive schedule. Notre Dame, Clay and East only play div 4 schools and never try to amp up their schedules. That's why they get knocked off early in the tournament.
Think this is pretty funny speaking that Peebles lost to Eastern which isn't top of the SOC I, so maybe Peebles should schedule more SOC I schools if they want a competitive schedule. Peebles did also play Western beating them but would have liked to see them play Notre Dame, East, or Clay. No doubt the SHAC is down other than Lynchburg which Peebles lost too, and the only two good out of conference games Peebles played was Eastern, Portsmouth, and Summit Country Day which were all loses.[/quote]

do u mean eastern isn't in 1st place cause they are at the top of soc1 they behind east in 2nd.

GO EAGLES
OUbobcats98
Waterboy

Post by OUbobcats98 »

Eastern just lost to Western by 12, can't wait to see how this tournament plays out.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Could this move nd to a 2 seed or peebles to a 2 seed and drop eastern to a 4 seed?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Ironman92 wrote:Who has Western defeated besides SW and who has SW defeated that allows them to surpass Western?
Western beat Eastern...Western isnt bad at all. Just young...look out for them

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles 69- Fairfield 56. Arey didn't play tonight because of broken nose. Gordley 26,Parrett 16,kremins 9 pts and 15 rebs.Conley 9 pts,Ryan 8 pts. Schmitz 1pt.Putnam from Fairfield had 16 pts. Tomorrow its Peebles vs Paint Valley at Bainbridge.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Western is a good team , eastern looked bad offensively and defensively, and a lot of that was due to western switching defenses throughout the game , and running really good offensive sets that puts their players in positions to succeed , and western plays with really high energy and intensity that was unmatched by eastern tonight , Kyle Miller is not a good coach , he's a great coach , I would argue that he is as good of a coach as there is in this area right now, and he's only in his second year.
Eastern has to regroup and get ready for next week , as they have ND and clay to finish out the regular season , and then get ready for tournaments , eastern has not been playing really well as of late , but I think coach barrick will have them ready come tournament time . This loss could really hurt their seeding , as I thought they were the 2 seed , but now things could change. Will b interesting to see the seedings... Go eagles .

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

agreed with that EPN Kyle Miller is a great coach the kids play so hard for him he gets everything he can out of every player my question as an eagle fan is they have beat us 3of 4 times in the last 2 year's regular season I don't feel the boys play like they are a threat in the win at home we didn't play good. every game and every team is a threat when u play at eastern that's just the way it is everybody wants to beat u.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”