Wheelersburg @ Valley 2/8 SOC Title on the line

Crab's Brother
SEO

Wheelersburg @ Valley 2/8 SOC Title on the line

Post by Crab's Brother »

This one is a makeup from a few Fridays back and it has really grown in signifcance since. A win for the Indians would wrap up at least a piece of their 4th SOC title in 5 years. A win for the Pirates would put them in a win and get a piece of the championship with a victory over whoever they play Friday.

Being one of the only games in the area tomorrow, I would anticipate a huge crowd and a lot of energy in the building.

Thoughts?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Wheelersburg @ Valley 2/8 SOC Title on the line

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This should be a excellent game. The first meeting was a good game. Valley pulled away late to get the win

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

This is not even close to the same Wheelersburg team that played Valley the 1st time. Should be a good one! The burg is in position to take a share of the SOC title. Nobody thought that was possible at the start of the year. I'm taking the pirates in this one! The pirates are due for some basketball hardware. Go pirates!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I'll admit I was wrong about Wheelersburg as I predicted them around .500 before the season started. However, still think Valley takes care of business at home and wraps up the SOC II championship later in the week against Minford. As for Burg, they will be the favorites to win the next 3 SOC II championships with Holden and Co.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The key to this game will be Austin L. He's been a rim rejector and a terrific rebounder. His head has to stay in the game or they can't use him. I think the game plan will be just like the one at minford, let Rolfe get his, keep everyone else from scoring their average.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Wheelersburg 3
Valley 2

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... will this one be broadcast online either video or audio ???

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

wobycat wrote:The key to this game will be Austin L. He's been a rim rejector and a terrific rebounder. His head has to stay in the game or they can't use him. I think the game plan will be just like the one at minford, let Rolfe get his, keep everyone else from scoring their average.
I think you are spot on with your analysis. Lotspeich will be not only be the X-factor tonight, but for how deep the Pirates go into the post-season in my opinion.

A couple of other points, if Valley handles Wheelersburg's pressure and can deal with their length, they win. Wheelersburg's free-throw shooting has been spotty, at best, this season. At some point it will come back to bite them, I hope for their sake, it is not tonight. Wheelersburg has something special going right now, having won 11 games in a row, and they haven't played the "perfect" game yet this season. Is tonight the night?

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

pfloyd wrote:... will this one be broadcast online either video or audio ???

Both 98.3 Pulse FM and 99.3 WNXT will be there, both have live streaming and I'm sure VSN will have video streaming coverage.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to pound it inside to Coleman and Lotspeich. Valley doesn't have the size underneath to contain them two.

If Burg starts jacking up threes they will get blown out again. They are just a fair three point shooting team.

Also, I think Holden needs to start shooting more. He has the talent to take anyone off the dribble but just doesn't do it.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg has the size , but Rolffe is a very quick guard that really pushes the ball as quick as I've seen ,, to use their size wheelersbburg better be ready to run the floor all night

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

My advice is Wheelersburg leave their big man on the bench.....It's a shame because he could be a good player but his Coach has to continually pull him out of the game because he would rather talk and disrupt the game with his smack talking ,showboating, and attitude......... Most teams have a player like this.....Most Coaches put winning games ahead of disciplining these type kids.....Continually pulling them in and out of games doesn't work! What works is putting them on the bench and telling them if u want to be a part of this team stop the bull!!!!! They act up pull them out of the game and sit them on the bench the entire game!!!!! Not 3 or 4 minutes!!!! After 4 or 5 games of this most kids see the light and start playing the game the way it's suppose to be played. If not throw them of the team!!!!! Kids like this are a Cancer to their team...A lot of times other kids on the team feed of their attitudes and start acting just like them........ Here's the sad part! Most Coaches and society wont do the right thing because it's not politically correct to tell it like it is...You might scar the child for life if you call him out....So what we have today is a generation of kids who take no responsibility for their actions and the grown-ups feeding the monster.......

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Vsn will be doing a live video broadcast of tonight's game of Burg at Valley airtime starting at 5:50 @ http://thecube.com/event/bbasketball-va ... urg-611403

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Good i'll watch the game...You guys do a great job....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg needs to pound it inside to Coleman and Lotspeich. Valley doesn't have the size underneath to contain them two.

If Burg starts jacking up threes they will get blown out again. They are just a fair three point shooting team.

Also, I think Holden needs to start shooting more. He has the talent to take anyone off the dribble but just doesn't do it.

Do what?

Valley starts 6'2, 6'3, 6'4 and 6'4. They have plenty of size.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I think Portsmouth is the only team around here with no size ,lol

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg needs to pound it inside to Coleman and Lotspeich. Valley doesn't have the size underneath to contain them two.

Do what?

Valley starts 6'2, 6'3, 6'4 and 6'4. They have plenty of size.
Valley does have size, but do they have the athlete underneath that can contain Lotspeich? Being tall is one thing, but if you can't jump or move as fast that's a whole different thing. Valley had better put Romanello on Lotspeich. Should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

mrwonderful wrote:My advice is Wheelersburg leave their big man on the bench.....It's a shame because he could be a good player but his Coach has to continually pull him out of the game because he would rather talk and disrupt the game with his smack talking ,showboating, and attitude......... Most teams have a player like this.....Most Coaches put winning games ahead of disciplining these type kids.....Continually pulling them in and out of games doesn't work! What works is putting them on the bench and telling them if u want to be a part of this team stop the bull!!!!! They act up pull them out of the game and sit them on the bench the entire game!!!!! Not 3 or 4 minutes!!!! After 4 or 5 games of this most kids see the light and start playing the game the way it's suppose to be played. If not throw them of the team!!!!! Kids like this are a Cancer to their team...A lot of times other kids on the team feed of their attitudes and start acting just like them........ Here's the sad part! Most Coaches and society wont do the right thing because it's not politically correct to tell it like it is...You might scar the child for life if you call him out....So what we have today is a generation of kids who take no responsibility for their actions and the grown-ups feeding the monster.......
Someone finally stood up and said it..... Hard to believe Ater has put up with the nonsense for this long, but he was the same coach who blamed the teachers when a player was ruled ineligible at South Webster for having several F's...... Some folks never change it seems.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

mrwonderful wrote:Good i'll watch the game...You guys do a great job....
Thanks..!!! We appreciate all of the comments....

whodey24
Waterboy

Post by whodey24 »

Shoot more? You mean pass more. He definitely gets his shots in.
Last edited by whodey24 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”