P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

JustListenHere
Waterboy

Re: P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Post by JustListenHere »

"You are absolutely correct he is double & triple teamed, so someone is open somewhere. Teams win championships not individuals. Bashing and speaking the truth are two very different things."

Eyeswideopen
Do you ever stop to think that maybe he is told not to give the ball up? Have you ever sat back during a game and watched that kid play? From what I can tell he can see the court like no one I've seen play in years. Some of his passes are unreal. He is a very unselfish teammate anyone can see that and if it hadn't been for him taking the game over at Burg and from what I heard also at Webster then Minford would have been beat in those 2 games. I also heard that when they played down at Chesapeake that Minford was only behind by 5 points at the beginning of the 4 quarter and Rowe fouled out and Minford got beat by 20 some points because they couldn't get the ball down the court. Your true leaders always take over in tight situations because they want to win, it's the drive in them and you can see that Rowe has that in him. The kid played his heart out against Oak Hill. Heck I was sitting by Oak Hill fans that couldn't believe what a player he was. He was still trying with 10 seconds left when the rest of the team was watching the clock. Maybe you should sit back at the next game and just watch the kid play, he is good.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

JustListenHere wrote:"You are absolutely correct he is double & triple teamed, so someone is open somewhere. Teams win championships not individuals. Bashing and speaking the truth are two very different things."

Eyeswideopen
Do you ever stop to think that maybe he is told not to give the ball up? Have you ever sat back during a game and watched that kid play? From what I can tell he can see the court like no one I've seen play in years. Some of his passes are unreal. He is a very unselfish teammate anyone can see that and if it hadn't been for him taking the game over at Burg and from what I heard also at Webster then Minford would have been beat in those 2 games. I also heard that when they played down at Chesapeake that Minford was only behind by 5 points at the beginning of the 4 quarter and Rowe fouled out and Minford got beat by 20 some points because they couldn't get the ball down the court. Your true leaders always take over in tight situations because they want to win, it's the drive in them and you can see that Rowe has that in him. The kid played his heart out against Oak Hill. Heck I was sitting by Oak Hill fans that couldn't believe what a player he was. He was still trying with 10 seconds left when the rest of the team was watching the clock. Maybe you should sit back at the next game and just watch the kid play, he is good.
JustListenHere and Eyeswideopen, you both make very good points. Rowe is a team leader, he can handle pressure, he has taken over in tight games but at the same time how does Minford start out blowing the doors off of OH and end up losing? If you saw the same game you saw Minford playing team ball in the first quarter and some of the second quarter and had great success. Midway through the second and the rest of the game they went away from playing team ball and went to a 2 player offense. "Live by the 3, die by the 3." The "frustration" you see is not as simple as being frustrated that he is playing with inferior teammates. With that said, Minford can get the ball up the floor against anybody and yes Rowe should be highly considered for POY or Co-POY.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is there a way that y'all can contain this in the Minford thread?

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Imo Rowe locked up POY in SOC 2 tonight.

has_been
Waterboy

Post by has_been »

Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game. 

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals. 

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach. 
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash rowe and kelley.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.
They argue over who is the 3rd best player.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

has_been wrote:Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game. 

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals. 

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach. 
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash rowe and kelley.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.
They argue over who is the 3rd best player.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.
I'm sorry I missed who your opinion of POY was? That is what this thread is for so I have heard.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I think the SOC I should have Co-Players of the year this year.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Who are the front runners in the S.O.C. 1 for POY?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

IMO, I think Brown and Turner should share S.O.C 1 POY. Brown and Turner are both probably average 20 ppg, along with rebs and assist they both have similar stats. Once again, this is just my opinion.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Brown from East, King from Clay, and Leist or Martin from Eastern could all be POY in my opinion. I think Turner is a great player, I just don't think he is POY in my opinion.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Why is your reasoning for not having Turner on the list? Turner is almost getting a double double every night and plays pretty good defense as well. Like I said there should be Co POY. I can see Leist but not Martin. Once again it's your opinion, just wondering why.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Why is your reasoning for not having Turner on the list? Turner is almost getting a double double every night and plays pretty good defense as well. Like I said there should be Co POY. I can see Leist but not Martin. Once again it's your opinion, just wondering why.
leist and Martin average bout the same ppg Martin averages a double double. I'd like to know Belleville from s.v. stats this year he ppg are up there too.

GO EAGLES
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

I think Brown will get POY but I think some others in the conference should at lease some consideration. I don't think Brown should run away with it because there are several kids worthy of this award. I'm sure these same kids would rather make it far in the tournament than get POY.

uherdit
Waterboy

Post by uherdit »

Kolin Vanhorn should be for the OVC, won't be surprised if a senior on another team would get it but it should be Kolin!

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

The 2 or 3 games i saw Turner play didn't impress me as much as the other kids have. Turner is a great player, but I would choose any of the kids i named before him. I really believe that King from clay is something special. He really knows how to play ball.

mufan709
Waterboy

Post by mufan709 »

Kollin Vanhorn in OVC. He stepped it up against Chesapeake, Portsmouth ,and Ironton all 6 games.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

SOC 1-Brown(East)
SOC 2-Rowe(Minford) & Rolfe(Valley)(top 2 players in their conference and shared the league title)
Ovc -Ky're Allison(Portsmouth )because he was just hands down the best player in that league probably tri-state.
I'm sure you can "mention" other players in each league that may have been if things were different (as far as their team winning the league or if it was really that close of a call between the best player (like in the SOC 2) but to me (imo) it's a no Brainer in these 3 conferences from what I've witnessed,Heard and read in newspapers. You take any of these kids off their teams and they're bottom feeders in their league. You put them on either team in their league and they'll turn that team into instant contenders. For those of you who don't believe those seniors were the difference for clay last year or that thacker wasn't the reason why Eastern was as good as they were need to reevaluate their basketball knowledge. It showed this year. Good Luck to all area teams during tournaments. IWA"CT"H FROM THE STANDS LOL

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Eastern was 10-4 in the league last year , they finished 10-4 this year as well , their overall record was 16-6 Last year and 15-7 this year , and this year we dropped ironton st joe and picked up valley , and played at oak hill, at wellston , and at Peebles instead of playing them at home last year, not sayin Thacker wasn't a great player , just sayin not that much of a difference in the last 2 years, at least record wise.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

EPN wrote:Eastern was 10-4 in the league last year , they finished 10-4 this year as well , their overall record was 16-6 Last year and 15-7 this year , and this year we dropped ironton st joe and picked up valley , and played at oak hill, at wellston , and at Peebles instead of playing them at home last year, not sayin Thacker wasn't a great player , just sayin not that much of a difference in the last 2 years, at least record wise.
They also beat East twice last year...Peebles or Valley ain't as good as they were last year tbh, oak Hill is ok but young and weliston is bad. I'm saying if you guys had Thacker this year you could possibly be undefeated. Especially with Barrick coaching and forcing Thacker to play a lot better D.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Just my opinion though

Return to “Boys Basketball”