Fairfield Union vs Meigs

Falcon01
S

Fairfield Union vs Meigs

Post by Falcon01 »

I'm in California so I know very little about Meigs. I KNOW they're good. That's about it. So fill me in, what is fu in for and who's seen both and has some thoughts.

Go Falcons!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairfield Union vs Meigs

Post by Ironman92 »

Not much size but quick guards that can shoot.

Guessing FU by 9

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

No pressure on Meigs they're the underdog. Hope they come out play scrappy and get the win

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

FUHS appears to have something nobody else has. A big post player who can really score at the basket. He will be a load if they go to him inside against the zone.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Meigs is, has been, and always will be a football school. We have made the playoffs once and won our conference 3 or 4 times. We dont really worry too much about this baseketball stuff. If we lose we can get back into the weightroom sooner.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MarauderMadness wrote:Meigs is, has been, and always will be a football school. We have made the playoffs once and won our conference 3 or 4 times. We dont really worry too much about this baseketball stuff. If we lose we can get back into the weightroom sooner.
Please quit referring to us as a Football school. You say this in every topic, If you believe this, please post in the football forum, this is about basketball and times have changed, Meigs will have a great basketball and baseball program for a few years.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Meigs has a shot in this game. Mental errors and missing lay ups is Meigs biggest problem. If they can overcome both of these they could win this game. Underdogs for sure.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

I agree meigs has a very bright future in basketball.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

I really look for this to be a tight game that comes right down to the end.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs to me is more of a baseball school, than football. I cant even remember the last time Meigs even won a league title or made the playoffs in football. Bissell does a great job in the spring, the Marauders almost are always in contention.

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

First, it will be an uphill battle against a good FU team but at least they are playing and have a chance! Congrats on the win against LE.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:Meigs to me is more of a baseball school, than football. I cant even remember the last time Meigs even won a league title or made the playoffs in football. Bissell does a great job in the spring, the Marauders almost are always in contention.
Meigs is a baseball school. Athens won most of the seoal baseball titles and 75-80% of the games and those river teams could hit very well.
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Belpre has baseball

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Okay. .......back to the topic, I think it will come down to how FU handles a zone defense. I don't believe they have faced any teams that played zone against them.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Marauders will make it to the dome on Richland Avenue.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Smeltzy wrote:Okay. .......back to the topic, I think it will come down to how FU handles a zone defense. I don't believe they have faced any teams that played zone against them.
Unioto threw a half court 1-3-1 at them in the 2nd half of their game. The Falcons struggled with the length, but were getting in position to get open looks. If Meigs has the length to bother them, it'll be effective. But, FU is typically put in really good position to get open looks, so I don't think a smaller 1-3-1 will be too much of a problem

duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

There are a lot of open looks on the perimeter and baseline against the 1 3 1 but you still need to convert. And Meigs also gets the ball on offense. Good game to watch.

VC_jebro17
Waterboy

Post by VC_jebro17 »

Good luck tomorrow night Meigs!

GO TVC-OHIO!!!

Jebro_17
SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

LE just couldn't solve it enough to really exploit the weaknesses of it. FU has more perimeter shooters and a man child on the low block. My heart says Meigs but my head says FU.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ma77ox wrote:
MarauderMadness wrote:Meigs is, has been, and always will be a football school. We have made the playoffs once and won our conference 3 or 4 times. We dont really worry too much about this baseketball stuff. If we lose we can get back into the weightroom sooner.
Please quit referring to us as a Football school. You say this in every topic, If you believe this, please post in the football forum, this is about basketball and times have changed, Meigs will have a great basketball and baseball program for a few years.
Stop feeding the troll.

Return to “Boys Basketball”