Valley (20-3) vs Chespeake (18-6) District Championship

Crab's Brother
SEO

Valley (20-3) vs Chespeake (18-6) District Championship

Post by Crab's Brother »

8:00 Saturday night in the last of 5 titles games in the Southeast District this weekend.

This one is a rematch from a game at the Dave Young Classic back in January. The Panthers got some early 3's from Gage Rhodes and built a huge lead only to have to hold on in the final seconds to win 60-57. I am not sure what you can take from that game as I don't think either team played as well as they can. Both squads were coming off emotional conference losses the night before (to Fairland and Minford, respectively) and being a neutral site there wasn't the energy you would expect when two heavyweights duke it out.

Valley losses:

Minford x 2
Chesapeake

Chesapeake losses:

Westerville North
Portsmouth x2
Fairland x2
Boyd County

This one should be another very good matchup. The Peake's matchup zone is not something teams see a lot of, so the Indians will need to adjust. Valley will have to rebound the way they did against Albany to win this game.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Re: Valley (20-3) vs Chespeake (18-6) District Championship

Post by ColonelSanders »

I'll take Valley by 5

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IN THIS BATTLE OF PURPLE=== OLE BAIT IS GLAD TO SEE BOTH STILL ALIVE, BUT CHESAPEAKE WEARS OVC PURPLE AND THEY ARE NOW OVC BROTHERS. SO GO PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'll go with Peake by less than 10.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
uherdit
Waterboy

Post by uherdit »

should be great game look for Rhoades to play better this game. Peake by 6

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 57
Peake 52

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Peake 51
Valley 44

ROLL PEAKE
Woodwards brother
Waterboy

Post by Woodwards brother »

Crab's Brother wrote:8:00 Saturday night in the last of 5 titles games in the Southeast District this weekend.

This one is a rematch from a game at the Dave Young Classic back in January. The Panthers got some early 3's from Gage Rhodes and built a huge lead only to have to hold on in the final seconds to win 60-57. I am not sure what you can take from that game as I don't think either team played as well as they can. Both squads were coming off emotional conference losses the night before (to Fairland and Minford, respectively) and being a neutral site there wasn't the energy you would expect when two heavyweights duke it out.

Valley losses:

Minford x 2
Chesapeake

Chesapeake losses:

Westerville North
Portsmouth x2
Fairland x2
Boyd County

This one should be another very good matchup. The Peake's matchup zone is not something teams see a lot of, so the Indians will need to adjust. Valley will have to rebound the way they did against Albany to win this game.
You like stating the obvious, don"t you? :lol: You always have something to say, don't you? I think you need to go back to your day job :lol: :lol: :lol: I look for Valley to come away with another W

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Valley on a shot at the buzzer. 51 - 49.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Peake is incredibly well coached, I'll be surprised if they don't win this.

Peake 55
Valley 47

Watching SE Ohio basketball
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is incredibly well coached, I'll be surprised if they don't win this.

Valley 57
Peake 52

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote:Peake is incredibly well coached, I'll be surprised if they don't win this.

Peake 55
Valley 47
Coach Rolfe has done a pretty good job in his own right with the Valley program. In the 25 years from the Indians last regional appearance (1987) until Scott took over in 2011-12, Valley won 4 sectional titles and 2 SOC Championships. Our program was 0-4 in the district tourney in those 25 years.

Since Rolfe took over 5 years ago, the Indians have won 98 games, 4 SOC Titles, 5 sectional championships, and a District championship in 2014. Valley has 5 Convo wins in 5 seasons. Saturday will be the 3rd District Championship game in 5 seasons after not having played in one in 25 years.

Coach Davis is great, but there is no coaching edge in this game.

Valley 58
Peake 51

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

No offense to Rolfe and you all at Valley, but Rolfe has had it very easy. The last 5 years at Valley has seen an unbelievable amount of talent that many coaches would KILL to have. Those group of seniors there now are very very talented. Rolfe has had it really easy. A friend of mine once told me: "It aint the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's." Valley has had the "Jimmy's and Joe's" for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying that Rolfe isn't a good coach, bc I think he has done a good job with those boys. I would give the coaching edge to Davis, but IMO, Valley has more Jimmy's and Joe's than Chesapeake from top to bottom

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

No offense, but your coach sucks.

Ok, noted. Thanks KFC.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

coop wrote:No offense, but your coach sucks.

Ok, noted. Thanks KFC.
Yea our coach for KFC is bad. No idea what we are doing with our commercials. They are stupid. Ever since I died, things just haven't been going well.

Real mature reply btw.. especially for an Admin.. :shock:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ColonelSanders wrote:No offense to Rolfe and you all at Valley, but Rolfe has had it very easy. The last 5 years at Valley has seen an unbelievable amount of talent that many coaches would KILL to have. Those group of seniors there now are very very talented. Rolfe has had it really easy. A friend of mine once told me: "It aint the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's." Valley has had the "Jimmy's and Joe's" for the last 5 years.

I'm not saying that Rolfe isn't a good coach, bc I think he has done a good job with those boys. I would give the coaching edge to Davis, but IMO, Valley has more Jimmy's and Joe's than Chesapeake from top to bottom
That is your opinion and that is more than fine.

Scott inherited a "talented group" that wasn't .500 as juniors. Took them to the District finals losing to eventual Regional Champions Portsmouth.

Lost all that "talent" from that team and still won the SOC and the Sectional with two kids with Varsity experience.

Brought back all that talent his 3rd year and ran the SOC Table and was a bad shooting half away from the State Tourney.

Lost all that talent and still went to the Convo.

Brings back the experience and wins the league, 20 games, and is playing for the Sweet 16.

Have we had talent? Sure we have. But at the end of the day, it takes a coach to bring it together and produce. I think in the 121 games Rolfe has coached we have lost twice, maybe 3 times were we were the more talented team. When you factor in that over those 5 seasons we have collectively lost 14 weeks of practice time to football playoff runs, and I think it is even more impressive. But again, each is entitled to their opinions and yours is valid.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Crab's, will Rolfe coach bball next year?? Hearing grumblings.. Or if you don't know...your opinion on it?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ColonelSanders wrote:Crab's, will Rolfe coach bball next year?? Hearing grumblings.. Or if you don't know...your opinion on it?

I have no idea on that.

Being the Superintendent may change things, but I guess that will be decided after this run ends.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Good deal. Good luck to you all on Saturday, and in baseball as well

Woodwards brother
Waterboy

Post by Woodwards brother »

Your jokes aren't funny Bernie Sanders. Your baseball season has already started hasn't it? We have X's and O's and Jimmy's and Joe's by the way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”