Waterboy

Re: South Gallia (18-5) vs Western (12-12) district semi-final

Post by !!! »

Sloppy game by both teams, but also hard fought by both. Very exciting

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

There was no defense by either team in that game. Hints a 2 point win. A normally good free throw team shot under 50%. Very sloopy game by SG.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

That wasn't an upset!! What happened was exactly what I called to happen before the tournament even started. Western has a top notch cache who prepares his team every game. I said they could beat any team left in this district if they're making shots. Their defense makes it tough to hit those layups SG was missing..it makes it tough to knock down shots. It makes it tough to get an easy look. That's what happen. Western is young but is battle tested. Theyve played in a very tough conference. Quit the upset talk. Game over.its Win and advance not make excuses and advance. Congrats to western and the SOC 1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

asb wrote:I said they could beat any team left in this district if they're making shots. Their defense makes it tough to hit those layups SG was missing..it makes it tough to knock down shots.
I personally don't think any of the 4 teams tonight could beat Trimble or Waterford - or even Clay for that matter. The top half of the bracket was much tougher than the bottom. Anyone who was there both nights could see that plain as day.

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

Trimble or Waterford won't be beat by either team left in this side of the bracket. TVC hocking will win against whoever wins the western vs east game.

Galliaguy
Riding the Bench

Post by Galliaguy »

SG beat Waterford by 15..... So yes they can be beat but not if you play like they did tonight.... My o my

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

Western beat SG by 2 on the night SG played the worst ball they've played all year. I don't see western or east beating either Hocking team that is left.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Just like SG beat western and belpre beat east...trimble is lucky to have escaped clay. Did you watch that game. Eastern lost to East twice. So idk what makes you think that it's going to be so easy for your TVC hocking lol win and advance. The taste of defeat is always salty but it goes away. Good luck next year

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

Well 93Bulldog SG had already done that once this season. I really get tired of all the excuses. You have to show up EACH game and be ready to play. Western was, and SG apparently was not. You either hit your shots, or you don't. The Western Indians, or East Tartans have just a good of chance to win on any given night as Trimble, or Waterford. The truth is anyone can see that this district is very well matched from top to bottom. There is not the separation that ya would like for the rest of us to think there is. Now we have to play the games. Maybe Waterford, or Trimble have the same kinda night that SG had in the Regional Semi. Quit acting as if you know something the rest of us cant see on our own.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know this

The winner of Western/East will play a DIV rep from Columbus. (Possibly Harvest Prep or Fairfield Christian Academy)
The winner of Trimble/Waterford will most likely play Africentric.

Enjoy the games Saturday, it will probably be the last win of the season for all the DIV teams in the district I'm afraid.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LAIndian wrote:Quit acting as if you know something the rest of us cant see on our own.
I'm just giving an opinion, don't get your panties all in a wad. lol

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

RebelZone wrote:Western beat SG by 2 on the night SG played the worst ball they've played all year. I don't see western or east beating either Hocking team that is left.
Yea, and you aren't willing to give any cred to the young man that was on Ehman all night either. What did he have 5 or 6? This is a player that in another thread was being talked about for POY for the TVC. Come on. Its a loss, and ya trying to make something out of nothing. You have NO WAY of knowing if Western or East can beat the other two. There just isn't that big of a gap. Waterford played exceptionally well vs Eastern. Will they hit those shots next game? Who knows? Give credit where credit is due. I will. You could tell that SG was a good team, but for whatever reason they couldn't get it done. Yea, it was a 2 point win. If Western hits those fts at the end its more like 8 or 10. They shot 90% vs ND in the Sect. Final. You have to make the plays.

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

I will agree with you 93Bulldog on that last comment. It will be tough for anyone in this district to beat any of teams from CLBS. But, a trip to the Regionals will do wonders for your program. And Coach Miller is setting the program up nicely in just his second year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm sorry LAIndian. I wasn't watching a 'one-on-one' match the whole game between two players I don't even know. I was just watching the game. I didn't even really care who won or lost. I have no ties to South Gallia, I don't know a single person from there and have never even been to Crown City in my life. I don't even know how to get there. I have no ties to Waterford either. I was born, raised and live in Athens. My house is just a few miles form the Convo. in fact, I've only been to Waterford once and it was clear out in the sticks ... lol ... Belpre is clear down on the Ohio River.

I'm just giving in my opinion from a guy watching games at the Convo - and guess what - it's not worth a nickel.

Congrats on the win and good luck Saturday.

BTW, one thing I did like about Western was their coach. I Sat in the first row right behind the Western Bench and could see he's a good young coach and the players listened to him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No ties either way but the thread doesn't give much if any credit to Western. Maybe the 94 foot court affected the legs of the South Gallia kids...that'll cause missed ft and lay ups. If that's the case then you have to give credit to Western for being in better shape. Maybe the open background got to them from the ft line. Maybe a good portion of their lay ups were contested...or maybe the Western fans were allowed to have pop on their side of the seating and South Gallia not.

Western now having a very nice tournament run. Coach Miller obviously doing a fantastic job.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Western is playing some good basketball right now. Would not surprise me if they could Knockoff East

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Anytime a #6 seed beats a #2 seed, it is considered an upset by most. Maybe not in some people's minds, but to everyone else. I think the 4 Div IV games at the Convo showed their was a lot of parity and more so then some thought. #5 Clay takes #1 Trimble to the wire. #4 Belpre does the same with #1 Sciotoville. Then #6 Western beats #2 South Gallia. All of these games could have gone either way. Only game that wasn't competitive at the end was the #3 Waterford vs. #2 Eastern matchup. Could have been 4 TVC teams playing in the finals, but could have also been 3 SOC teams and 1 TVC team in the finals. I don't think anyone could say one conference was any better than the other, although I do think the best two teams are Waterford and Trimble from the TVC.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Galliaguy wrote:Why isn't Ehman shooting??????
He wasn't shooting because he wasn't getting the ball. I don't think he was shut out. He only shot the ball 8 times last night. He made a 3 and a 2. Missed a foul shot which he shouldn't have. He was wide open almost the entire 4th quarter.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

Smh. I guess a crappy soc team beat the gods in TVC. Lmao. Congratulations Coach Miller and the western boys! Way to work hard.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Saying Ehman was wide open the whole 4th is an absolute joke.

Return to “Boys Basketball”