SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

Post by pfloyd »

I have the Tigers STARTING the season at #21 … I see the youngsters from last season obviously improving … fewer "growing pains" than the 2014-15 campaign …

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I thought Waverly lost a few kids from last year....guess not. If all 5 starters are back though, then they I'd probably put them in the 3rd or 4th slot. Either way, I see SOC II in tiers of Minford/Valley in first tier; Oak Hill/Waverly/Webster/Burg in the next tier; and West/Northwest in bottom tier.*

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Waverly only had one Senior last year. They will be returning all the starters.

brown13
Waterboy

Post by brown13 »

Saw the eagles scrimage logan today eagle fans u will be pleased looked really good at times got2 kids who score when they want and a good guards who play great defense when the big kid that came this year can play they be really good soc1 be top heavy with 4 teams but go eagles!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly will need a couple guys to score consistently every night. They have the talent and experience, very deep but they MUST have that 20 points per night guy.
Jake Henderson (12)
Joe Henderson (12)
Mason Chapman (12)
Jace Harris (12) returns (moved back)
Cade Marquez (11)
Trey Rigsby (11)
Tariq Gilbert (11)
Drew Harris (11)
Ethan Adrian (10)
Gunner Robinson (10)
Bailey Pennington (10)
Clayton Howell (10)

IWacthFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWacthFromTheStands »

brown13 wrote:Saw the eagles scrimage logan today eagle fans u will be pleased looked really good at times got2 kids who score when they want and a good guards who play great defense when the big kid that came this year can play they be really good soc1 be top heavy with 4 teams but go eagles!
I had heard that eastern got a new player or two. What was their former school and what position are they?

brown13
Waterboy

Post by brown13 »

The big kid i belive is from portsmouth he real good around the basket but out til january transfer rule and the freshman is from piketon prolly play jv and a little varsity when he gets adjusted to speed of game he be real good. we got leist and martin bk they both look really good hesson and the younger leist boy doing good job at guard spots coach barrick has them hustling and playing good defense eagles be a tough team to beat.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

It's a very exciting time to be a Eagle fan! Can't wait to watch these boys play this year and for years to come. Coach Barrick is great coach and will get the very best out of all of his players. I also like seeing him involved in the pee wee programs something we've been lacking in the past.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The last I heard Jace harris is not going to play for Waverly. Mason Chapman is the key for waverly. If he can stay out of foul trouble he can be that consistent scoring threat in the post they need. Jake Henderson has been shooting it really well in open gym and practice. They do have a ton of depth and should be very competitive.

IWacthFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWacthFromTheStands »

Sounds like eastern has some good pieces for years to come. Should be fun to watch them. I will have to make it out to some games this year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Thanks for the update on Jace, Ukfanatic.

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

Every team this year looks pretty stable. Can't go into any game think you've already won. Looks like it's going to be an interesting year this year for both SOC 1 and 2

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The SOC II is going to be very deep and balanced this year.

Minford and Valley seems to be the top 2 in terms of talent.

Burg/Waverly/Webster/Oak Hill should be 3-6 (in no particular order) but can beat anyone 1-6 on a given night in my opinion.

West/Northwest should be rebuilding near the bottom.

Burg will be better than people think with their length and athletes.

Waverly returns basically everyone, they'll be really solid and quick.

South Webster returns nearly everyone, as well as a good JV team last year and a good freshman coming in.

Oak Hill should have a very solid starting 5, and Norm will have them in games every single night.

Of those 4, I truly think any of them could knock off Minford or Valley on the right night.

Very deep league! Should help all teams come tournament time.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Any updates on scrimmages this week?

I know the preview is coming up, but I would like to get out and watch a scrimmage or two if possible.

Thanks.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

How does Valley's and the Burg's football playoff participation effect their chances of winning the SOC2? Seems like an early season loss because of football cobwebs could alter league outcomes despite having great talent on hand.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I heard that Minford scrimmaged Manchester and won 3 or 4 of the 5 quarters, don't quote me on that, didn't attend, so can't really tell you much about how it went.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

What was the final score in the Eastern and Northwest Varsity foundation game?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I believe the final was 58-31 Eastern

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I have not been able to get to a scrimmage but I hear the Waverly Tigers are looking pretty good. Tariq Gilbert is still out with the injury from football. His return will add to the beef inside.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

How long is Romanello out for Valley? That will determine how good they are early, I think they will compete for a district appearance as well as a SOC II title along with Minford and Wheelersburg.

Return to “Boys Basketball”