Valley Indians (2007-2008)

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Yea i agree, that is ridiculous!! Like CB said, Lowe won alot of games and back to back league titles.

Well, i wish they'd get the kids in the gym and get some excitement back in the community. Football and Basketball wise.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Crab's brother wrote:Scott Lowe won nearly 100 games in 6 years as the coach of the Indians. Were they a state power? No. But they were always in the league race until the end of the season and won the title twice.

Yes the Indians had a couple awesome teams, and they let parents crying and complaining and personal goals by a few players and there parents run Scott out of Valley. Can you honestly tell me thats a wrong statement?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

No one said they didnt jungle cat. I dont think you were around, but we went crazy when they fired him, and alot of us went to the board meeting to show our displeasure.

Someone said they never remembered AD having comp from bball, and we corrected it....

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

Kurt McGraw would have done as good as Lowe if he had the talent that lowe had.

rufino linares
Waterboy

Valley

Post by rufino linares »

Capt. Kurt still the coach?

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I talked to my nephew last night, (he is a guard on the team). He said he is excited about the new coach. He is from Tenn., and won a state championship in Arkansas. He had a good run in Tenn tournament last year. He said that he went thru the toughest conditioning he'd ever had in their practice or whatever you call it. I am excited about the change and I think it might bring back some players that may not have wanted to play or did play in the past. ;-) Wink Wink!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

if his summer practices are hard then his regular practices will probably be even harder, think that won't scare off a few borderline players? hard practices does not necessarily add up to good basketball teams.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I never said it did add up to a good team. I never said that it would bring in borderline players. I just "hoped" it might make some players come in and play next year. See, I am a fan of the Valley program. And I would like to see them succeed. Espescially with my nephew on the team, I would like that even more. That's all.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chicken coop,
refresh my memory, where is coach lowe now?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Asst. Principal Chillicothe

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

In the know? I dont know what that means. I dont follow him around, and i'm not on his jock. The last job that i knew he had was that one. Hell, i live in New Orleans, La. So, i dont keep up on who is coaching where, especially if they arent still at Valley!

2017falcons
Waterboy

Post by 2017falcons »

Lowe is now a principal at Jackson i believe.

The one I wanted as coach is PMOW3. He sould have showed the shooting guards how to hit a bank shot three pointer from the right wing.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

you are correct, Coach I mean Principal Lowe is now at Northview Elementary in Jackson

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Congrats Valley fans in grabbing what looks like a quality coach.
Anytime someone can win a state title then they have what it takes to win.
The SOC II will have a major player in a few years in Valley. Valley has always had quality sports, but I have a feeling with this guy, the Indians are going to be making some trips North when tourney time comes.
Good Luck!

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

I hope this new coach will help the Indians go way Further into the season. A lot of quality players and talent on the team. (Arbaugh, Zimmer, Cunningham, McClain) As well as a lot of heart... Good Luck Indians!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

so with all of this talent it was all mcgraw's fault for the lack of success, just like it was lowe's fault prior to that?

Stump353
Waterboy

Post by Stump353 »

It was not McGraw's fault. About 3/4 of the kids never bought into his system. I just think FOOTBALL comes first at Valley and basketball second. I feel bad for the kids who actually want to get better and their teammates could careless

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Stump353 wrote:It was not McGraw's fault. About 3/4 of the kids never bought into his system. I just think FOOTBALL comes first at Valley and basketball second.

You couldnt of said it any better...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

He could have said it MUCH better!! When Lowe was coaching kids wanted to play, they enjoyed it and they played hard.

Return to “Boys Basketball”