Racine Southern 2007-2008

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They will have a very good season. I know they play South Gallia 2 times this season. South Gallia lost alot of key players(9 Seniors they have 1 returning starter) I think playing VC, South Gallia(2X), Oak Hill, and Wahama is a very strong DIV IV. non-conference schedule. I look for big things out of Rif and Chapman.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Theyll be the two senior leaders for this team, i think this years team is very talented and have a good season ahead of them, hopefully they dont suffer the same fate the football is, what i mean by that is keeping kids healthy

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Remember_The_Name

Just wondering, do you play football? If not, why not?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

I play football. Remember.... you talked to my gpa at the SG/Southern game didnt you? lol i was hurt the second half. :lol:

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

The huge contributors graduated last year. Johnson and Sellers were the biggest factors. Southern has some good young kids coming up who could step in and play

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

full of it wrote:The huge contributors graduated last year. Johnson and Sellers were the biggest factors. Southern has some good young kids coming up who could step in and play

Who would those young guys be?

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

Michael Manuel, Jordan Taylor, or Cyle Rees ( sophomores )could step up and give some minutes at the varsity level. I did not say they would be superstars.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

full of it wrote:Michael Manuel, Jordan Taylor, or Cyle Rees ( sophomores )could step up and give some minutes at the varsity level. I did not say they would be superstars.

OK thanks I was just wandering. Didnt get to watch any ball this summer but I do know these kids. I also didnt know Rees was back. Looks like a promising future. I seen the Manuel boy on crutches with a cast on his leg still, Will he be ready to go come season. The Taylor boy really looks like he has gotten strong. Has the Rees boy grown any or is he just super quick. I known these guys can really shoot the ball. Looks like Southern basketball might be back. New coach and some players coming.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Everyone on that team can shoot lights out! i look for a majority of Southerns games to be high scoring as long as they hit the boards and play awesome D!

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Everyone on that team can shoot lights out! i look for a majority of Southerns games to be high scoring as long as they hit the boards and play awesome D!

I agree should be a prety descent team. Good luck

Broken Tornadoe
Waterboy

Post by Broken Tornadoe »

I don't think we have any James's on the team. We finished below 500 the last few years. We lost most of the starters from last year,so instead of players and their mommy's and daddy's getting on here and bragging. Why don't we work hard and win a few games so we actually have something to brag about.Basketball is a team sport too, not a me sport. So act like a team and work like a team.

FEZ
Freshman Team

Post by FEZ »

Wait just a min there Broken, let's not go after kids. The program is in a turn around year. They have young talent, and a new coach. There kids have a good chance to get the program back on track. They have good senior leaders, that will make a good impact. :)
Where in this thread has anyone said anything about one person? It sounds to me that if this is mom's and dad's or even players, that they are thinking team ball and not me ball. :roll:

I think if anything this would be one of the more "TEAM" teams that has played at Southern in a while.

I don't think we have any James's on the team.

I asssume your talking about LeBron James, and the last time I check there hasn't been a James' ever to play in SEO. :lol: :lol:

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

FEZ wrote:Wait just a min there Broken, let's not go after kids. The program is in a turn around year. They have young talent, and a new coach. There kids have a good chance to get the program back on track. They have good senior leaders, that will make a good impact. :)
Where in this thread has anyone said anything about one person? It sounds to me that if this is mom's and dad's or even players, that they are thinking team ball and not me ball. :roll:

I think if anything this would be one of the more "TEAM" teams that has played at Southern in a while.

I don't think we have any James's on the team.

I asssume your talking about LeBron James, and the last time I check there hasn't been a James' ever to play in SEO. :lol: :lol:

I agree

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Broken Tornadoe wrote:I don't think we have any James's on the team. We finished below 500 the last few years. We lost most of the starters from last year,so instead of players and their mommy's and daddy's getting on here and bragging. Why don't we work hard and win a few games so we actually have something to brag about.Basketball is a team sport too, not a me sport. So act like a team and work like a team.

Just who do you think I am ? Thats a pretty good name for you to have. I dont remember you having anything positive to say last year either. Just looking to be a critic. Doesnt matter your post clearly shows you dont know what your talking about, or who you are talking to.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

LOL your right there sports nut. :lol:

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

Broken,
I would like to correct a few things:
1. Tornado is not spelled with an e on the end unless you are going to call them Tornadoes. Then you add the e and s.

2. Who was on here bragging. I stated a fact who the top young players are going to be. That is not bragging but just the facts. If your kid is one I didn't mention them I'm sorry.

3. Your attitude is just what the problem is at southern. All negative

Waterboy

Post by 1990 »

full of it wrote:Broken,
1. Tornado is not spelled with an e on the end unless you are going to call them Tornadoes. Then you add the e and s.

2. Who was on here bragging. I stated a fact who the top young players are going to be. That is not bragging but just the facts. If your kid is one I didn't mention them I'm sorry.

I agree

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

1990 wrote:
full of it wrote:Broken,

I agree

Same here.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I'm looking forward to basketball season. I think Southern will surprise some folks out there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”