Benny Ewing at Meigs

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

--2007-2008--
November 30 Gallia Academy Home 6:30 P.M.
December 1 River Valley Home 6:30 P.M.
December 7 Belpre Home 6:30 P.M.
December 14 Alexander Home 6:30 P.M.
December 15 Southern Home 6:30 P.M.
December 21 Wellston Away 6:30 P.M.
December 28 Eastern Home 6:30 P.M.
December 29 Wahama Away 6:00 P.M.
January 4 Vinton County Home 6:30 P.M.
January 8 Federal Hocking Home 6:00 P.M.
January 11 Nelsonville-York Home 6:30 P.M.
January 15 Miller Away 6:00 P.M.
January 18 Belpre Away 6:30 P.M.
January 22 Wahama Home 6:00 P.M.
January 25 Alexander Away 6:30 P.M.
January 26 River Valley Away 6:00 P.M.
January 29 Eastern Away 6:00 P.M.
February 1 Wellston Home 6:30 P.M.
February 5 Vinton County Away 6:00 P.M.
February 8 Nelsonville-York Away 6:30 P.M.

fasteach
Varsity

athens

Post by fasteach »

scrimmage today in athens, what does anybody think?

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

How'd the scrimmage go with Athens? Both teams have new coaches this year.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I'll answer my own question.....I was told today that Meigs won 3 out of 5 quarters. As always, both teams had some positives and negatives from scrimmage #1. I've heard a lot of good things about the direction of the Marauders, and the Bulldogs as well. Both coaches are optomistic about their teams futures. Good luck to both!

fasteach
Varsity

hopeful

Post by fasteach »

athens played everyone and meigs mostly played their starters. the refs didn't call much as to be expected at a scrimmage and athens fouled alot and physical. at the end there was some bad blood on both teams.
meigs has 10 kids playing and the 5 who didn't start, played very little. i'm thinking the coach feels that they will have to go the entire game. he did not seem to have any confidence in the bench. i do not know if this type of play ... well you know.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what kind of size does Meigs have this season? one of the other threads had MHS with a 6-7 post player? ...

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

fasteach...I'm curious to know why you always seem to have so much animosity toward Meigs and their new coach....yet during football season you were the Marauder "super fan?" What's up with that?
As I've stated before and as with ANY new coach at any school and any sport......give the guy a chance and some time to establish himself and his program. Regardless of the past situation at Meigs and how things were handled (Coach Abbott's non-renewal debacle), IT IS OVER and in the past, move on and support the Marauders! I get the feeling that some people (even Meigs fans) are rooting for Meigs and Coach Ewing to fail. I just don't understand that logic at all.

fasteach
Varsity

answer

Post by fasteach »

yes chris goode is 6'7" ish will barcus is 6'6" but they haven't played together. will is a junior chris is a senior.
frozen rope i am not sure there is a bigger fan of meigs basketball. there is no way in heck i would want them to fail. i believe they have the potential to make a run at the playoffs if you have read this thread i have stated that numerous times so i think your comment is off base. i believe talent wise they can win the tvc.
right now this community and team lost alot of support over the FIRING of coach abbott. let's call it what it was. he was fired because a group of parents where complaining about their kids not playing. now i never played basketball but team unity was always preached as a conerstone of championship teams. we have a chance to be good IF we play as a team. the tvc is good at basketball.if we have 1 group of ewing supporters, 1 group of abbott supporters, and a group of selfish parents it will explode like old dynamite.
so when i worry, it's not about who the coach is or is not. i worry about the kids who i know can win. they are giving 100% and the community right now is NOT backing their efforts. right or wrong doesn't fit into it. they deserve our support. the coaches that know me, know that i am, was and will be on their side.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Good post....glad to hear it!
Go Meigs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks fasteach for the info on the "twin towers" for the Marauders ... 6-7 and 6-6 are both good size for SE Ohio hoops ... what kind of skill level we talking for these two kids for MHS?

fasteach
Varsity

i'll try

Post by fasteach »

chris goode is pretty good ha ha really he uses his size well he is not only tall but big for basketball he can rebound and has a good shot 12' and in. he plays well near the basket should do well with meigs, i'm assuming, guard dominated offence.his inside presence will be very needed if eric tolar is going to play power forward. eric likes it on the outside. in my opinion eric would be a better small forward. that's a coaches call.
will is a junior. he needs more playing time. can play but needs to focus on offence. he rebounds well and has a huge wingspan. has a good shot actually better away from the basket. rarely shoots in a game.needs to use his strenths in his game instead of covering his weaknesses. could be really good.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

pfloyd, fasteach is grossly exaggerating the sizes of the meigs players. Goode will play center and is 6'4" at best. Tolar will also play in the post and is around 6'2". Overall, they will be one of the smaller teams in the area.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

The scrimmage was physical on both ends. Coach McNeil at Athens demonstrated that his style of basketball is fast, as they pressed much of the time. Not much offense on either ends, but that is to be expected having only a few practices to put an offense together. Mostly a lot of motion and ball screens and just "letting them play".

I didn't see the "bad blood", and I was there until they both went home. Sure there were a couple hard fouls and a couple dirty looks, but nothing worth talking about.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

man of sorrow i don't recall talking about tolar's height but last year he was listed at 6'4" chris goode is 6'6" unless he has gotten smaller since last year. will barcus IS 6'5" because i know. now i said that they are small compaired to some other schools, i.e. waterford, belpre,
as for bad blood meigs' coach was almost thrown out because jacob well was constantly being fouled. this was a practice athens was playing very physical and the refs where letting it go. is there anything wrong with this, not in my opinion but it went too far.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

fasteach, i thought we were talking about reality and not program listings. Bottom line is, they will be 6'4" and 6'2" in the post which is pretty small.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

where are you getting 6'2"? eric is not a center. so i do not know what you are talking about. he is either a #4 or #3 and he is taller than 6'2"
will barcus IS 6'5" if you would want to bet let me know.
chris IS as tall as will that would be 6'5" any more comments on their height is argumentative so don't bring it up if you expect an answer.

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

willie is not 6'5 and he is not as tall as chris who is also not 6'6 but closer to 6'4-6'5

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

oh yea and to clear up the # of paylers that would be on varsity question there is 10 like i said

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

jms if you have a clue who i am and i think you do, wouldn't i know how tall will is??

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

not looking for an arguement. just wanted pfloyd to know the facts. By the way, a #4 man is considered a post player. Toler will play the 4. This shouldn't be that difficult to grasp.

Return to “Boys Basketball”