GAHS varsity basketball down this year?

Backspace89
Waterboy

GAHS varsity basketball down this year?

Post by Backspace89 »

Gallipolis is really going to be down this year without Golden, Thompson, McCoy, Ferguson, Jones, Shawver, and Brown. It shocks me these kids arent going to play their senior year but I guess its up to them.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:( :arrow:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can understand about Golden but being this early the other can change their minds.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

oh my goodness :arrow: :oops:

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

:?: :?: :?:

Backspace89
Waterboy

Post by Backspace89 »

I wonder what Coach Oz thinks about this one. Not pointing any finger but from what I hear all the kids say he's to hard on them?.
Im not there at practices so I wouldnt know, but he'll have to come up with atleast 7 or 8 players. which will be hard.

jottings
SEOPS H

Show will go on, no matter who plays

Post by jottings »

I'm sure there are several underclassmen who still want to play the game. No matter what, the show will go on. Devils may not be winners, but at least ther'll have boys who want to play the game, not a bunch of whinners.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Tooo hard on them???I think Coach OZ just expects greatness. I would be priviledged to play under a coach like OZ. I think that they will play. They will regret it years down the line if not.

Clamshell
Riding the Bench

Post by Clamshell »

That whole group of boys you just mentioned has played bball ever since they were in 3rd grade... I dont see why they would quit now. Would this have anything to do with Jeff bein out?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

hind site will kill some but only the kids have their own reasons and coach has his. like jottings pointed out 20 games will be played :idea: this is why you never give up hang in there and you might get a shot at the big stage ;-) :idea: :!:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

jeff no if that was the case they would have quit football :?: :idea:

Clamshell
Riding the Bench

Post by Clamshell »

Well they have had alot more success in football, and had already started the season. Dont get me wrong, Jeff is an awsome QB, but he was also a very good bball player. There was alotta hype about this 08 class and they havent done much with it, maybe they are just tired of all the crap? Im just lookin for some kind of an answer. I have played ball with all these guys, alot of it actually, and they do have alot of talent.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Clamshell wrote:Well they have had alot more success in football, and had already started the season. Dont get me wrong, Jeff is an awsome QB, but he was also a very good bball player. There was alotta hype about this 08 class and they havent done much with it, maybe they are just tired of all the crap? Im just lookin for some kind of an answer. I have played ball with all these guys, alot of it actually, and they do have alot of talent.

all the crap?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

This could be tough on the varsity team this season. Hopefully they come to their senses and play basketball this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Hall of Famers recall their days playing sports at GAHS

Post by jottings »

Wish a lot of the whinners would have attended the 2007 GAHS Athletic Hall oif Fame banquet on Sept. 1.

The seven outstanding athletes credited their coaches for working their butts off during their careers, but added, at the time, thought rhey were being worked too hard.

Meanwhile, most of the honerees were members of championship track, cross county, basketball, baseball, volleyball and football teams.

You have to work hard to earn something. Nobody is gonna hand it to you on a silver platter.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Well said Jottings. I wish GAHS the best and agree that the kids who do come out want to be on the team. Give our best to Odie.

Backspace89
Waterboy

Post by Backspace89 »

Well I hope they come to their senses and play but I go to school with alot of them and I overheard one of them saying "We're only doing it because we started as a team and we finish as a team", im only guessing its because of Jeff?.
But I would think he'd want them to play, I can understand Thompson and Stevens not playing because they want to play baseball in college and need and want to work out for it but the others?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

What many athletes don't understand is college coaches love the 3 sport players. They think it gives them the competitive edge! However, we live in a new society compared to just 10 years ago. This society wants everything handed to them and God forbid the coaches make them work and get on them from time to time. Amazing. Hopefully a new generation will move up with different attitudes. Can't even imagine coaching in this day and age!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Alabama Mike

Post by jottings »

Alabama Mike....Odie is receiving treatment for his cancer and heart problems, but has managed to attend several civic and social functions the past few weeks. He hopes to be on hand for tonight's grid game with Chillicothe as a guest of Joe Giles, a city commissioner who lives at the north end of Memorial Field. Great view of the field with protection from the elements.

pittsburgh
Waterboy

Post by pittsburgh »

One of the players mentioned that probably won't play Shawver, his Dad was just inducted. I have known these boys for along time, I can't believe it would be about hard work. I know Coach B works them hard in football.

Return to “Boys Basketball”