Logan Basketball 2007-2008

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

you and p. angle with be a lethal combo from what i saw.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

Army wrote:
masterchief_2 wrote:Jmoney nobody got ejected i dont know what game you were watching. The Cavs are going to be the best team in the SEOAL and also one of the best in the state. Logan will be .500 at best.

I would second that. :-D

i know its been a while
but if you read it again..i meant that they will get ejected this year if they play as dirty as they did last year

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Cavs have a disappointing basketball season to go along with their football season

Katie Krazy
Waterboy

Post by Katie Krazy »

i am sorry Logan B-ball i really want you guys to do well but i just dont see it in the cards... i see a 5 win team at best.... the team has less talent than it did last year because of the less of neff (Bossman), wallace and pompey and we all know the great season we had last year. so i am seeing the same or less wins than last year..........
Maybe there is a bigger picture to why the Chiefs can not win games with such talent. Having Wright, Wallace, Angle, Mays, Neff (Bossman), and others and we still only win 5 games........... come on, maybe we need to start looking at coaching rather than the players because at the end of the day it all comes down to coaching..........

What does everyone else think??????????

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

this team will win more than 5 games unless they are going to play some powerhouse teams the whole season. chilli is always good as well as zanesville but after that any league game is winable.

Katie Krazy
Waterboy

Post by Katie Krazy »

every game is winable, but when you make mistakes like this team did last year you can't win games...... I do hope your right though because i want to see them win as much as everyone else but i see a repeat of last year's team and it just doesnt look good

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

have you seen any scrimmages? jw

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

Katie, your Krazie
I can promise you they win well over 5 games.
As of right now, i can logan winning 10 games.
They can easily start out 3-0, but the 1st game is going to be tuff.
St charles is a similar team, style wise.
But they are less athletic than we are, but they GIT after it more than we do.
it should be a pretty exciting game, but theres no reason why they shouldnt beat Bloom and !F.U!

Katie Krazy
Waterboy

Post by Katie Krazy »

yea !F! !U! the team that logan barely beat for one of our five wins last year...... all i am saying is that untill i see otherwise i am looking for logan to be 0-3.......... i sure do hope that lucas wright will step up and take control of his team and make the best of his senior year......good luck to him and the rest of the team this season

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I don't like to downplay personnel losses, but sometimes you perform addition by doing subtraction.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

that very well could happen in this case.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

it should
This years team will be fine.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

If nothing else, I expect it to compete hard. There are many times that effort can overcome any perceived lack of ability.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

we'll be fine

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Logan Wins a close one in Columbas!! 74-72

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

What an amazing game!! This game went back and forth! Logan jumped out early with a big lead; St Charles comes storming back and they take a 13 point lead, the Chiefs keep chipping away, chipping away and tie the game late on a steal for the Abrams kid with under 45 seconds to go!! Then Pat Angle steals the ball and feeds it to Mason Mays for the layup with 2.2 seconds left and Logan doesnt allow St Charles to get a shot off to win it!! A kid from SC hits a 30 footer at the end of the first quarter and that was the difference in the game for a long time. But hats off to Logan for battling back and never quiting!! Great effort from them and SC tonight. I thought Mays was going to try and dunk the tieing layup when he went up with one hand like he was going to try and stuff it, but he just layed it in. The highlight of the night came during a timeout when Logan tied the game, the SC students started chanting "We cant hear you" to the sparce Logan crowd, and honest to God, I said to my dad who came to the game with me, "They will here in a second when we get a steal and a bucket". Logan got the steal and the lead and then the Purple faithful jumped up and gave it right back: "WE CANT HEAR YOU!!" The looks on those kids faces was priceless!! Great game!! It felt like a tournament game. SC is a very good team. Logan took some stupid shots and forced a lot, but for their first game they looked solid. And I dont mean to do this after 1 game, but the officials were awful. My dad even said that Logan was getting homered and he knows many many people from SC. But, great game. Good Luck Saturday.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Logan Grad,

How is the ball handling for the Chiefs? I fear that it is pretty good and will riddle the Bulldog defense when Athens visits next week.

thanks

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan handled the ball well, but forced alot of things they shouldnt have in an effort to push the action. Abrams handles the ball well as does Wright and Pat Angle does well. Logan is deep. They got quality mins from bench players and I have to give props to Chase Colliton. He came off the bench and tied the game with a three late, and he got some big boards when some key players were in foul trouble. I saw the Athens coaches there and Logan will give them all they want and more.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I was afraid of that. If the Bulldogs try to play in your face fullcourt defense and push the ball and take quick shots against the athletic talent of Logan, it could be a long night.

Thanks

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I was covering the game for the Daily News last night, and what a treat it was.

The Chiefs and Cardinals played fast and hard all night long, as LG said each team took leads and came back.

St. Charles played good half court man to man defense, and they had balanced scoring (4 guys in double figures). The freshman, #42 Wickliffe, had two huge threes during a stretch that saw Seth Moritz make a three point play to cut the lead to 2 and then Pat Angle hit a 3 to give Logan their first lead since the 1st quarter with under 3 minutes to play. Wickliffe of SC knocked down a 3 to give SC the lead back, but then Luke Wright knocked down a three to give Logan the lead back, and WIckliffe answered again to put the Cardinals on top by 2 once again.

That set the stage for Abrams steal and bucket and Pat Angle's steal and pass to Mays for the winning bucket.

Logan got GREAT play from every player on the team, and if they continue to work on getting better and making better decisions they will be competitive in the SEOAL.

Wright led the Chiefs in scoring with 18 (plus 11 rebounds) and Pat Angle just missed a triple double with 17 points, 10 steals, 8 rebounds, and Mays added 13 points including the game winner. Adams and Moritz fouled out, Moritz just missed double figures with 8 points.

Return to “Boys Basketball”