Reedsville Eastern @ River Valley

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I was at the game and sat on the stage. The EHSJV team was standing behind their team several times doing something, I do not know what. Whatever it was, it was not loud enough for me to hear. Regarding my comment about foul shots, I was not complaining, just stating that EHS's foul shooting kept them in the game. If I read the paper correctly, 25 pts? There was a tussle (twice) between two players and both were in the wrong.

Here are the facts as I saw them. RV won the game, the officials let the boys play a rough game, Eastern's foul shooting kept them in the game and both coaches coached well. Mr. Caldwell was the "old bull" of the pair and used his knowledge well to stay in the game with a stronger team. I saw no "Hometown officiating" although the second half was rowdier than the first.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I sat next to the Jv players from Eastern and did not hear anything bad. They just got excited about the game.

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

I didnt exclude the River Valley player from my discussion, if you remember I also postulated that he should have received some sort of warning or otherwise. I also never made any indictment on the actual words of the JV bench, as I could not hear what they said. My only point was that I saw them saying things to the River Valley players. Is that really necessary? A warning shouldve been levied and if it was, good. The ruckus was something that didnt lend itself to perceiving the officials actions. You folks that are asking me to name somebody are missing the point. The officials cant do anything now, but should have in order to counteract their action. It did add to the escalating hostility that I am glad didnt reach any higher level than it did. Parents and fans need also be aware.

Anything that you shout to the opposite side's fans, players, coaches, etc. lends itself to the conflict and acts as a fan to the flames! Its widely accepted sociological theory. So if you want the game to become a circus, keep jawing and putting on displays. If you are concerned about your own safety and that of others, as well as the dignity of the contest then shut-up and go back to your coach so you can "get fired up" with your team in a constructive way. This also goes to the parents on the River Valley side. Cut it out.

Suffering through the doldrums of the southeastern ohio tundra, with just the clothes on my back...running.
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

There should of been a warning set to both teams after the incident at halfcourt regarding #32 of RV and #11 from Eastern.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am

Return to “Boys Basketball”