Watch Valley/Oak Hill LIVE Online

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Watch Valley/Oak Hill LIVE Online

Post by HERD07 »

We will be broadcasting the Valley/Oak Hill game live this evening. Starting around 7:00-7:10.

http://www.valleyls.org/athletics

Send us your comments during the game by clicking on the feedback link on the Tribe Report Website. We may even read your comments on the air.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

That is AWESOME!!!!! Can't believe I am watching HS Basketball online.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I'm watching from Houston and they just mentioned me on air!!!
Kewl!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I watched some of it. It seemed to be nice, but the only things I saw you need to work on is the play by play and you need to show the clock. Couldn't tell how much time was left in the quarter.

Other than those two things, it was very nice. I just looked and saw that I'll be here at work the night Burg plays at Valley, so hopefully it will be on.

By working on the play by play, one of the guys seemed to be screaming into his mike and it was hard to understand what he was saying. I know it is a Valley site, but it makes it hard to watch it as a casual fan.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

Thanks for the feedback.. if you missed you can now watch the archive. I'll take the volume adjustments into account. We try to make it high, so that it gives the viewers a chance to hear it. You can always turn it down if it is too loud, but you can't turn it up if we don't put enough sound out to begin with. We're still working out some bugs.

As for the on screen clock, I'd love to pull that off and we hope to have something like that in the future. Right now with the equipment we are using we cannot do that without buying a bunch more equipment. The announcer's try to keep that in mind and mention the time left as much as possible, but with the fast pace they sometime forget. We're learning :)

As for broadcasting the Burg game it is not on our schedule at this point, but you never know. As a Burg alum I'd like to put the Pirates on the air but sometime scheduling gets in the way.

Be sure to tune in Thursday night as the Valley girls take on Northwest.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

AW, come on, no Burg game. Man that stinks.LOL

overall, I give it a high B to low A on the broadcast.

What made it difficult to turn the volume down was that the one guy was loud and the other wasn't, so in order to turn the volume down, you would have been going up and down all night.

I'm just impressed also that someone is able to do that. I would guess that every school would be able to do seomething like this if they wanted to.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

Very Very Nice ----- Great Work and Good Luck with future broadcasts

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... who won? what was the score?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill 65
Valley 59

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks oneoak ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Herd07: great job by you fellas tonight! As for some constructive criticism, I'd prefer one guy stick to play-by-play while the other just be an analyst. Also would like to see a gameclock on the screen as well, but realize you're working with limited funds.

But otherwise, props on the production...it's a great thing for southeastern Ohio basketball, especially for us out of town fans. Could you post a schedule for future games you'll be showing? Thanks*

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Great job. I was at the game and watched the archive when I got home.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

Broadcast Schedule
Boys Games:

Nov. 30 - Oak Hill
Dec. 11 - Wellston
Jan. 11 - West
Jan. 29 - Northwest

Girls Games:

Dec. 6 - Northwest
Dec. 17 - Oak Hill
Jan. 24 - West

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

I think this is a great idea
But it only makes scouting easier

toddboeckman4prez
Riding the Bench

Post by toddboeckman4prez »

4th quarter during a time out after valleys cheer section did a belly bump and the little boy ran across with the flag it slides back over fast forward it a bit and it looks like the ref is doing the robot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

Some updates on our broadcast schedule.

Scheduling conflicts have forced us to cancel next Tuesday's broadcast of the Boys game vs. Wellston. We have added the Jan. 8 game vs. Wheelersburg to replace it. We are also considering adding the Dec. 18 game vs. Minford.

On the girls side of things, we have added the Monday Dec 10 game Vs. Wheelersburg to the schedule since the Northwest game for this evening (thursday) was canceled.

Finally, I think I've found a solution to the on screen clock that was requested. I am still testing it, and it may get a live test in the Girls game on Monday, so stay tuned.

Just wanting to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for watching

Return to “Boys Basketball”