Some of these Burg fans are very humble. :roll:

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS...KICK A$$

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Should be a great one tonight in Oak Hill. I watched the Valley/Oak Hill game last week and was really impressed with Love and Slone for the Oaks. Add Hale in the middle and this team will be tough come D4 tourney time. At home, I'll take the Oaks in a close one.*

gamer69
Waterboy

Post by gamer69 »

Is there a score for this one yet?

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Burg must have lost. Other wise there would have been multiple posts about the win...

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

:?: :?: :?:

No score update here? Its bound to be over by now?

Ecstatic_Sports_Fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Ecstatic_Sports_Fanatic »

43-41 i think, oak hill won

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg 41
Oak Hill 43...ha

WOW....tremendous atmosphere....killer ballgame.

Drew Spradlin.......yeah, definately one of the best in the district

Casey Love had a very good shooting game despite being in foul trouble much of the game.

Hale had a solid game but also got fouls late in the 3rd

Kyle Ondera......nose for the ball much,, some of the quickest hand I've ever seen

Oak Hill led early 18-12 and Love got his 3rd foul.....Burg came back and it was 21-21 at half (I think)

Spradlin came out in the 2nd half to give Burg the lead and they had it up to 6 at one point I think. Led 34-29 and Oak Hill picked it up the rest of the way as Love drilled a couple 3's.

Hale had 2 shots with 4.1 left and made the 2nd as Spradlin went in for the win and someone from Burg was called for the foul.

Last play with .8 for Burg and Ondera stole it for the win.

Fist win vs Burg in 15 years?...and the JV won!

Here is what's scary.....Burg was better at moving the ball on offense, had great pressure defense, better rebounding position and better free throw shooting...and Oak Hill still won.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Hale had 2 shots with 4.1 left and made the 2nd as Spradlin went in for the win and someone from Burg was called for the foul.

Sounds like some home cooking. lol

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think the biggest difference was that Wheelersburg was 15-52 from the field and they hit only 2 free throws in the second half.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How many free throws did they shoot in the 2nd half?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

10 years, Dusty Boggess and company beat them in 97

Great win for the program on the rise. J.D. Hale is showing how good he is this year. Mono really held him down all last year. Casey Love with some huuuuugggge 3's. Kyle was magnificent tonight.

Borden wasn't on his game tonight offensively but still did a great job defensively.

Best part of the game was watching Freshman Jesse Slone on Senior Drew Spradlin to end the game. Lots of confidence in the freshman and he made Spradlin try to make a tough shot. ( not as tough as his off the knees shot but still tough)

Got to get better at boxing out. They were just trying to outjump tonight. That won't get in done.

Way to battle though!

Keep it going, every game is this big

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think close to ten. It does seem like though that every time Wheelersburg comes to Oak Hill, they don't shoot particularly well.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Sounds like some home cooking. lol

You have got to be kidding me. COming from someone that wasn't even at the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Homecooking?

On that particular play about 8 of the 10 players were underneath for the rebound on Spradlin's contested miss. To be honest I saw nothing...but was only looking to see who was going to get the board.

As for the officiating...both teams have some big complaints.......IMO 2 of the refs were not up to snuff with the speed of this game.....that being said, they hustled and made quick calls all game, but that would be one tough game to do.

I know Love was fouled on the arm on a 3 point shot and the ball was left 5 feet short..a clear 3 foul shot situation.

I believe there were several missed calls....but the moment was too intense for homecooking...too much happening to even think of making a purpose call IMO.

Burg did misss some FT late...I don't think they missed any in the first 3 qtrs....Oak Hill missed too many..but made just enough

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Foul calling wasn't great for either side.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Do Love, Hale, Slone, etc, play football?

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Hale tight end
Slone QB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hale and Sloan do for sure....not sure about Love, not really the build, but a great athlete

Burg was quicker overall I thought and was clear they do more in the weightroom....but 6'7 drilling 3's counters that tonight

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

good to see you there Ironman,
we'll have to get you back to some girls games, if not this year then in the upcoming ones. Try to stop in and see us sometime if we ever get to play some more home games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”