Burg @ Oak Hill - 12/7

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks MOF.....nothing else going on for me as my school being 75 miles away and I already made the trip once today. The game was beyond exciting...I get into them. Oak Hill folks probably thinking "who the heck is this guy"

I'm more of a tournament Lady Oak participant...but if I ever have any free time (not often my friend) I'll make some barring my daughter doesn't have a game......or the Ironladies or my Whiteoak girls.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Ironman92 wrote:Hale and Sloan do for sure....not sure about Love, not really the build, but a great athlete

What kind of build can't play football?

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Ironman92 wrote:Homecooking?

On that particular play about 8 of the 10 players were underneath for the rebound on Spradlin's contested miss. To be honest I saw nothing...but was only looking to see who was going to get the board.

As for the officiating...both teams have some big complaints.......IMO 2 of the refs were not up to snuff with the speed of this game.....that being said, they hustled and made quick calls all game, but that would be one tough game to do.

I know Love was fouled on the arm on a 3 point shot and the ball was left 5 feet short..a clear 3 foul shot situation.

I believe there were several missed calls....but the moment was too intense for homecooking...too much happening to even think of making a purpose call IMO.

Burg did misss some FT late...I don't think they missed any in the first 3 qtrs....Oak Hill missed too many..but made just enough

Free throws:
Oak Hill 20 of 32
Burg 8 of 14

Burg has 3 players foul out of the game, Oak Hill none. Congrats to OH on the win.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Foul calling wasn't great for either side.

alabama mike wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Homecooking?

On that particular play about 8 of the 10 players were underneath for the rebound on Spradlin's contested miss. To be honest I saw nothing...but was only looking to see who was going to get the board.

As for the officiating...both teams have some big complaints.......IMO 2 of the refs were not up to snuff with the speed of this game.....that being said, they hustled and made quick calls all game, but that would be one tough game to do.

I know Love was fouled on the arm on a 3 point shot and the ball was left 5 feet short..a clear 3 foul shot situation.

I believe there were several missed calls....but the moment was too intense for homecooking...too much happening to even think of making a purpose call IMO.

Burg did misss some FT late...I don't think they missed any in the first 3 qtrs....Oak Hill missed too many..but made just enough

Free throws:
Oak Hill 20 of 32
Burg 8 of 14

Burg has 3 players foul out of the game, Oak Hill none. Congrats to OH on the win.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

R U serious? Oak Hill shot 18 more free throws than the Burg in a 2 point game and you're going to say no homecooking????

Someone posted that Burg missed some FT's late. Hell, they were 8-14 for the game. How many could have they of missed late?

Oakaholic33
Waterboy

Post by Oakaholic33 »

I know you are mad, but watch the language.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

There was no home cooking for Oak Hill. they had just as many fouls. Maybe Barrick should learn when to use players and when to not use them. Besides, just like I said Officiating for both sides were terrible. You can't spout off about officiating because it was equally bad. Wheelersburg did shoot 15-52 from the field. You can't blame that all on officials!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Way to pull out the win Oaks. Next up...falcons on Friday!! GOOOOO OAKS!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:There was no home cooking for Oak Hill. they had just as many fouls. Maybe Barrick should learn when to use players and when to not use them. Besides, just like I said Officiating for both sides were terrible. You can't spout off about officiating because it was equally bad. Wheelersburg did shoot 15-52 from the field. You can't blame that all on officials!

Oak Hill was 20 of 30 from the FT line.
Burg was 8 of 14 from the FT line.

Doesn't sound very equal to me. Oak Hill made 6 more than the Burg even took.Burg also had three kids foul out, two more with 3 fouls and another with 4. Only one OH player with 4. That sounds like a Duke game. lol

Still, I heard the Burg had the lead and the ball twice with under a minute to play and took shots instead of letting OH fould them to put them on the line. Looks like inexperience took over tonight. But that still is an awful big difference in fouls.

Congrats to the Oaks on the win, but we'll see how it goes at the Burg.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Not blaming anyone Jason, someone asked about FT's and I put the stat up. Burg had its chances and did not get the job done plain and simple. If memory serves, we had the lead with less than a minute to go and twice took shots that were not needed. 8 of 14 from the FT is 57%, not good at all. 15 of 52 from the field is 28.8%, nothing to write home about either. Congrats once again to Oak Hill on the win. Burg will be ok.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I wasn't there, but Oak Hill may have been the more aggresive team, thus got fouled more often. It happens all the time.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Good luck with Chilly Tomorrow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They missed either 3/3 or 3/4 VERY late in the game...with the lead.

Burg had 3 players foul out?....and Oak Hill's top 6 players had 4 of them with 4 fouls and one with 3.

Burg's guard got a dumb 2nd foul in the 1st qtr and Love got a wrong place 3rd foul in the 2nd qtr.

Burg puts a lot more pressure on the ball.....Oak Hill's defense plays hard...but with more room for sure. Barrick has those kids playing as hard as possible for him....that's great to see....but it definately was one of the reasons they had some more fouls. Oak Hill had FEW easy shots on the night....Burg had more open looks.

I can't believe you weren't at the game and are arguing this point.

Had Burg made their free throws late this is all moot.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Hale and Sloan do for sure....not sure about Love, not really the build, but a great athlete

What kind of build can't play football?

??????

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

As to dani's point....Ondera did that some and Hale of course.

Burg didn't really attack much on offense...but moved the ball great for some good looks.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

If anything I was surprised that more fouls weren't called. It was not your typical high school game. It looked more like a college game as much as they were handchecking and bodychecking each other up the floor.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Maltese...just trust me. I don't know the kid's weight but he's a long 6'7 and may be the skinniest kid anywhere in the district. He's a heck of a player. I'm sure if he wanted to play football he be great at it...but the kid is slender to say the least.

If you looked at him and thought football player then we'd just have to disagree.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Another thing, how can anyone call it homecooking anymore since the school doesn't even get the refs.

If anything, the one ref should have been against us for the thrashing Oak Hill put on his Rockets the other night. :lol: just kidding of course

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

come on Ironman, when I say Casey Love you don't think Football... :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hate to admit it...but i thought he did the best job.

Return to “Boys Basketball”