Waverly @ Northwest...12/7

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

ok i understand where everyone is coming from with the it being a 3 or not and the timeout situation............ but can we at least say that northwest maybe just maybe deserved to win that game, and they're not a team to overlook which i think waverly was thinking early in the game!!!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Oh my! Congrats to NW. I know the Tigers will be working hard to correct the mistakes they made tonight, the season is still very young.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly had several players bring the ball up the floor during the course of the game. Most of the time however it was the PG but it depends on the situation. Regardless, that did not create any of the turnovers. The point guard had no problems bringing it up the floor or running the offense.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Alabama Mike,
Congrats to Northwest and a HUGE win!

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

You can say what you want about the cause of the turnovers. The facts are, Waverly was up ten; NW went to a man and started pressing; Waverly made several turnovers and lost the lead. The pressure may not have been all that great, but the fact is, Waverly turned the ball over when NW was playing man defense. In MY opinion, the change in defense caused Waverly to make those bad decisions.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Oh my gosh...what does northwest have to do to earn some respect in the soc 2?? They just beat the team that is picked to win it all!! Can't they get some congrats?? Instead of all u waverly people blaming everything on the REFS!! In addition to all that Spriggs was freaking falling out of bounds when he shot and made that game winning shot..so instead of blaming it all on the refs, congrats the young man on making a very very big shot and northwest for winning and playing very hard!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

u kno me- No way! They'll never give another team props(I wish I saved my numerous examples)

Congrats to Northwest, I knew they would be tough with those 2 early losses to NA and Piketon. Big win for them tonight.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Congratulation to Northwest for a big win. Waverly gave the game away and Northwest gladly took it. Down the stretch, Waverly made bad decisions. They made ill advised passes and took bad shots when they should have pounded the ball to Walls. This coming from a senior led team is disappointing.
I believe Northwest came out of the zone because Waverly forced them out of it by starting to hold the ball when they were up ten. Northwest had no other choice but to do that.
As for the finish, it was all about heart and determination. Northwest had three shots at the end to either tie or win the game. Northwest came up with the rebounds and loose balls while Waverly couldn't secure one rebound. Thus, the player from Northwest hit a tremendous shot to win the game.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Congrats to NW Mohawks---you had several chances to fold in the 2nd half...but came back anyway. SOC 2 beware!

No way! They'll never give another team props(I wish I saved my numerous examples)

ohhhhhhhhh no, sound the alarm. must be basketball season cuz...It's dani-"king-of-the-no-props"-californicopia himself, back on waverly threads blowing his seops whistle.

Hey...dani, better head on over to that Oak Hill-Burg thread, I hear there are some Pirate fans not giving props!!! :lol: [/quote]

Oaks-Fan
Waterboy

Post by Oaks-Fan »

Congrats to NW on a big win.

With the outcome of this game and the Oaks - Burg game, looks like teams had better be ready to play every night.

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

Tough loss for Tigers!
Congrats to Mohawks.
Tigers must evaluate and rebound at Rock Hill on Tuesday.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Walls had a good game with 23 pts and I think 12 or 13 rebounds! And in the first half Waverly shot Northwest out of that zone..I believe that Waverly made like 9 threes in that first half!! WOW..!! But congrats to northwest on a huge win!!

bball_12
Waterboy

Post by bball_12 »

Northwest played one heck of a game and took advantage of waverly's mistakes...even on an off night Northwest still pulled it out....

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I thought Coach Robertson's quote in the paper was so true. It seemed like we were handling the game, and then all of a sudden you look up and it's a tie game. Although I thought Waverly was extremely sloppy down the stretch, you have to give the Northwest kids some credit for hanging in there and getting it done. I didn't think they had a chance in this game, and they proved me wrong...those kids are pretty scrappy. As for Waverly, I think we'll be fine. It looked to me that we weren't in basketball shape quite yet, and besides hitting a good percentage of our three-point attempts (it makes no sense to me that you shoot better behind the arc then in the paint) we shot the ball like we were still playing football. Hopefully, we get everything ironed out and get ready for Rock Hill. One thing is for sure...these kids will compete until the final bell.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yes, that is true at halftime it was a four point ball game and then waverly came out and got up by 13 really quick! and then all of a sudden I noticed it was a tie ball game. The last minute of that game went very quickly because nobody called any timeouts it just went really quick i think! And northwest did play pretty scappy i hope they keep that kind of play up.

GO MOHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”