Belpre (1-2) @ Meigs 12/7

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

never did i try to give the impression i was against the coaches, or if i did i am sorry. i thought i was giving my opinion on how i would do it. i do not think i attacked anyone personally but especially not any kids. i would like to think that 99% of the meigs fans support the team. there have been some angry opinions expressed on this site, the people who i think i know who said them, i know are 100% meigs fans. they do not agree with the coach but they ARE meigs fans.my son plays for meigs, not enough but that is not nor should it be my choice.the coach is in control. he should be.he has not asked my opinion and except on here, i've not gave it.i probably wouldn't if asked. i had a good relationship with simpson, and deem and abbott.
right now the emotions at meigs are running too high. i believe both the parents and the coaches have contributed to this.for our kids sake it needs to go away. if you think i've changed the tone of my postings, i have because i believe it's gotten out of hand.there are people on here who only want to stir up trouble and try to read things unsaid.i have observed they are mostly not from meigs( right frozen rope, bass master).they are people with a computer and a lot of time. we here at meigs will work this out. take care of fairfield union or south gallia. do we go on your schools threads and argue? i don't. so give us the same respect.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Is game still on? Belpre had no school today..

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Belpre fans are always saying "when they jell","when they buy in".Boys league play starts tonight strap it on and prove somebody wrong. Good luck both teams.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

frankieg, its gel, not jell

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

R U serious. Horrible is the omly thing to say about Belpres play this year. If there is talent on this team then they need to step up NOW and show it. I know as a fan you want your team to be competitive, but face it all teams have down years. To blame your teams problems on a player who has been gone for a year is crazy. These guys cant play yet because Thornhill took all the shots last year. Get Real!!Did Jordan take the Gym with him when he left? This Belpre team has had plenty of time to get used to this "new System". This team is just not as good as the teams they are playing. PERIOD! So if Eagle fans are going to assume they are going to "gel" at some point it may be a long season.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

Is game still on? Belpre had no school today..

as far as i no ..the game is still on

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Belpre will not be as good as they were last year because of the loss of thornhill
to say you are better of without your schools leading scorer is false
unless someone steps up right away
and we only play 20 game seasons
so they better start gellin like felons

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I agree CJ. I think the record of the eagle is proof that Eagles20 doesnt know "ANYTHING" about basketball. I am quoting him of course.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

I have to agree with Eagles20 and Prodigy about the talent on Belpre's team and that they can be a very good team. I would like for them to tell me what is the role of these kids and do "they" know what it is.? And what is the" Curt Plummer system"? I'm not sure he has a system in place for these kids to learn. He is supposed to be preaching family and team to these kids but from what I'm hearing some of his moves are driving these kids apart and not bringing them together.. Even so I say Belpre wins by 10.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Prodigy;My bad
Hateraid; I was saying the same thing as you but not as BLUNT :lol:

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

HaterAid wrote:R U serious. Horrible is the omly thing to say about Belpres play this year. If there is talent on this team then they need to step up NOW and show it. I know as a fan you want your team to be competitive, but face it all teams have down years. To blame your teams problems on a player who has been gone for a year is crazy. These guys cant play yet because Thornhill took all the shots last year. Get Real!!Did Jordan take the Gym with him when he left? This Belpre team has had plenty of time to get used to this "new System". This team is just not as good as the teams they are playing. PERIOD! So if Eagle fans are going to assume they are going to "gel" at some point it may be a long season.

:roll: Its been 3 games. They have a new coach, and lost the schools all time leading scorer. Give it a rest. Of course its going to take some time for these kids to come together, and for the coach to learn where everyone is used best...we have a 1st time head coach and assistant coaches, we have kids that havent had to be "the man" since junior high. Trust me, theres talent on this team. Will they end up better than last year?? Regular season record, maybe not...but I wouldnt be overly suprised if they made it out of sectionals, something that was not accomplished last year.

Back to tonights game...I look for it to be fairly close, and a hard fought ball game with the Eagles eventually coming out on top by 6-8 points.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Way to go EAGLES......Congrats on tonights game......thats 2 in a row.....Marietta up next on Tues.

GO EAGLES

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre 71 Meigs 54 final.

Can I get a witness???

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Other TVC Ohio finals...

Alexander 58 Wellston 34

Vinton County 78 Nelsonville 45

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

0-3 hey coach want to change things? again having eric wear himself out on d to the point meigs has no o is painful to watch. watching cory try to guard someone 8-9 inches taller than him , who does that make sense to? i would feel less bad if the other team did not just shoot lay-ups. 3 games now!
do not take anything away from the player on both team meigs gave everything they had. so did belpre. chris goode played an excellent game. couldn't ask for more. eric played great. clay, jeremy, austin, damien. heck willie even got into the game.
what happened with jacob? 0 playing time in the 2nd 1/2. him and the jv coach was questioning each others parents fidelity from what i heard.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre played a great game tonight and those super sophs, Tate and Sims combined for 43 points. Sims scored 24 and Tate had 19. Sims was awesome on both ends of the floor. Tate played a wonderful game tonight. 19 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assist. Phalzgraph chipped in with 17 points. Every game they get better and better.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Great win for the young Eagles last night. Markie and reggie really stepped up tonight and all the kids played a lot better last night. There were a lot of great passes inside and some nice steals that led to easy baskets.Congratulations Eagles and lets keep it up against Marietta.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

According to 92.1 the Marauders had 25 or so turnovers. Hard to beat anyone with that many. Did Jacob Well get injured or have foul trouble? Never heard his name for the better part of the last 3 quarters.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Congrats to the Golden Eagles on the win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”