Belpre (1-2) @ Meigs 12/7

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

john utah i think there are so many to's because meigs is trying to run the play exactly like it's practiced and not taking game conditions in. yeah you're right they need to take better care of the ball. maybe the coach needs to take the guards asside and do more understanding the game and less fundimentals. THIS IS NOT KNOCKING THE COACH OR THE PLAYERS! with 7 men playing last night they had to be worn out. gabe and will did not play much or at all until garbage time and jacob was benched on coaches move.
but let's not take away anything from belpre. they played great earned a victory. i hope them the best (until the rematch). p.s. shut that student section down, just kidding they where only having fun and believe me i have heard much worse, right river valley. ;-)

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

I was very impressed with Markie Tate, who had 17 points, around 6 rebounds, around 6 assists and around 5 steals and Reggie Sims who had 24 points and around 7 or 8 rebounds and a few steals, and Erik Waderker impresses me more and more each game, he played great defense and hes only a freshman! Meigs guards could not handle that half court trap as Belpre got close to probably 20 steals off of it. Coach Plummer did a very nice job of getting the boys ready for this game, and belpre is improving more and more each game. Great win Eagles, keep improving and keep working hard.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:I was very impressed with Markie Tate, who had 17 points, around 6 rebounds, around 6 assists and around 5 steals and Reggie Sims who had 24 points and around 7 or 8 rebounds and a few steals, and Erik Waderker impresses me more and more each game, he played great defense and hes only a freshman! Meigs guards could not handle that half court trap as Belpre got close to probably 20 steals off of it. Coach Plummer did a very nice job of getting the boys ready for this game, and belpre is improving more and more each game. Great win Eagles, keep improving and keep working hard.

Tate had 19 points and a least 4 or 5 passes that should've been assist but Belpre missed the layup. The young freshman, Eric Waderker has stepped up and become a huge assest to the team. His defense and ball handeling skills allow Tate to slide to the 2 his more natural position. Tuesday game against Marrietta will be a huge helping in prepare Belpre for the big early season TV tilt next Friday when Vinton Co invades the Eagles Nest.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

fasteach wrote:john utah i think there are so many to's because meigs is trying to run the play exactly like it's practiced and not taking game conditions in. yeah you're right they need to take better care of the ball. maybe the coach needs to take the guards asside and do more understanding the game and less fundimentals. THIS IS NOT KNOCKING THE COACH OR THE PLAYERS! with 7 men playing last night they had to be worn out. gabe and will did not play much or at all until garbage time and jacob was benched on coaches move.
but let's not take away anything from belpre. they played great earned a victory. i hope them the best (until the rematch). p.s. shut that student section down, just kidding they where only having fun and believe me i have heard much worse, right river valley. ;-)

???

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Nice win for the Eagles...Sims played the best I've ever seen him play, and Markie played well also. Lynch had some foul trouble, and theres no way Coach Ewing was going to let him get an open shot so he was facegaurded all night, but the sophmores and Waderker really stepped it up and played extremely well.
Some of you guys that were talkin about all og Meigs' talent...I'm sorry, and nothing against those kids because they gave everything they had..but I didnt see it (the talent).

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

beleagle 5
the talent is there. unfortunately we have a little 5' tall talent sucker named ewing. kids playing out of place, out of control and scared to make even the slightest mistake for fear of never playing again. you have heard how coaching is about getting the most out of what talent you have on a team, well the ewing approach is to negate as much talent as possible so everyone will know if we win, it will be because of him.
our starting 5 play most of the game, our remaining 5 hardly play at all. we start out good but by the end of the game they are worn out. he takes the approach that they are out of shape so instead of learning defence or practicing shots they run in practice. which assures that come next game they still do not know any plays and will still wear down.
so far in 3 games we have let the other team dictate the pace, and we have played their game, and we have lost. the parents here are boiling mad and the kids have already given up. it will get worse. :cry:

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

stocky kid, i am interested in knowing your career varsity coaching record. It must be STELLAR!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Stockykid you are overstating the talent level at meigs. What was this groups record before varsity?I'll bet this group of kids record in JV and jr. high was not that great.

rt.33fan
Waterboy

Post by rt.33fan »

manofconstantsorrow speaking of coaching records all anyone heard of was how great ewing was at belpre. couldn't have been to great was never on payroll more like a volunteer. if he was so great belpre got rid of their coach why didn't they hire him. In fact, they can still have him

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

The juniors this year went perfect in their seventh grade season, and only lost two games in their eighth grade season. You do NOT lose that much talent from eighth grade to eleventh grade. Especially since it is basically all the same kids playing, Bolin, Tolar, Hutton, Wise. The only one they lost was Cordell, but it shouldn't make this much difference, as they basically have played without him for two years now. The teams these boys are playing now are basically the same teams they played in eighth grade as most teams are juniors and seniors. They should still be winning if the coach knew how to play them. The talent is there, just not being used.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

manofconstantsorrows
i have never coached on the varsity level and STILL have as many wins as ewing! and no losses.
:lol:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Stockykid and pantless30: you are exactly what is wrong with society and sports today. You love to point fingers. Maybe you need to apply next year. No, you won't do that, you will only complain and whine and hope someone listens. If you don't like it, then quit coming. Go watch Southern or Eastern play.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

red;
this is not an arguement or anything against anyone, but just so you'll know. the juniors, which my son is one, have finished 1st or 2nd every year from 7th on up until as jv's last year they where 3rd i think, without clay and eric last year who where varsity. the talent is there. getting it out has been difficult. they have basically played against the same kids who they are playing now. something's broke but i can't tell you what. i hope they get it figured out by the end of the year. i worry that about 1/2 these kids won't be back next year. that would be a real shame.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

some of you are now doing what we all said we wouldn't do, attacking the kids. i'm not a fan of the coach or anything but, the kids are off limits. talk about me if you want, talk about the coach, he is an adult, i think. but guys let's leave the kids out.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

stockykid wrote:some of you are now doing what we all said we wouldn't do, attacking the kids. i'm not a fan of the coach or anything but, the kids are off limits. talk about me if you want, talk about the coach, he is an adult, i think. but guys let's leave the kids out.

you are the only one attacking anyone! Like I said, Go watch Southern and Eastern play.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

regulator you are from oakhill/jackson county, why are you in this at all?you don't live here, it's not your league, so why comment? and why would i want to watch eastern or southern? their coaches can do anything, i won't care. want to trade norm persin for ben ewing?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Regulator wrote:Stockykid and pantless30: you are exactly what is wrong with society and sports today. You love to point fingers. Maybe you need to apply next year. No, you won't do that, you will only complain and whine and hope someone listens. If you don't like it, then quit coming. Go watch Southern or Eastern play.

I couldnt agree more, these kids get on here and read this garbage. Then you have them second guessing what their coaches are trying to do, and everythings just a big mess. I dont care where these kids finished in jr. high. I saw what I saw, and they arent THAT talented. Theres some talent there, theres no doubt about that, but I think some of you may be over-estimating the amount of it.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

beleagle, you may be right,what does that have to do with watching eastern or southern? i don't get that part? would you consider watching marietta or warren? would regulator want to watch wellston or rock hill?
let's let the kids alone, whatdayasay?

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

When did I ever say anything negative about the boys? Never, You will never one time on this site see where I have, NEVER I stand behind them 110% and they know that. If I'm what's wrong with society then maybe society better be worried about bigger things.

Truthfully, you can't get anyone to say bad things about the kids, but all kinds of people have bad things to say about the coach. Even the kids admit to it, so how can reading it on here change their minds any?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Stocky I've seen a lot of teams struggle at the beginning of a season especially when a new coach takes over a program. You have to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Meigs has struggled but keep the faith that the wins will come. It's not how you start but how you finish that matters. I can also tell you that when you start winning how sweet it will be. People always give the coach to much credit when they win and blame them to much when they loose. I don't think you guys have lost to anyone yet that you shouldn't have. So keep on going to the games and support and yell your head off for the boys. You also have to remember that the coach will also get better. I've coached for along time and I'm a lot better now than I was 20 years ago.

Return to “Boys Basketball”