Coach Gibson Steps Down at West

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Seems exactly like that. Dunham is doing the Head coaching and Coach Tripplett is assisting. Looked like they did a great job against Webster. Team played with effort and poise.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Triplett said on the radio last night that changes would be made over Christmas break. I don't know what he was up to, but hopefully they don't change much. Sounds like West is playing pretty good b-ball with Triplett on the bench.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

I think the school is going to hire a coach or coaches so Triplett can focus on football workouts

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What is exactly going on out there?

Do you think it will be easy to find someone to coach out there, enlight of that there is evidently something else going on other than coaches leaving for "personal issues"

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I don't know if it's easy or not to find a coach mid-season. I'm concerned that those kids aren't going to know who they should be listening to at the end of this year. You've got to have continuity, so for the kids sake, I hope the next coach stays with it at least until year's end.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I'm sure all you have to do is go up into the stands and there are all kinds of coaches.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bucknut 23 wrote:I'm sure all you have to do is go up into the stands and there are all kinds of coaches.
Officials, too :lol:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

hope west can finish the season off strong

DawgPound
Waterboy

Post by DawgPound »

what a job by chris to step in under the circumstances and just do a admirable job. in my opinion the job should be his this year and if he wants it at the end of the year, for next year. he has a great young basketball mind and the sky is the limit for him at the age of only 20.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I agree. I think Dunham has earned an opportunity. I know they want teachers to coach, but considering the situation, why change now. I know Coach Tripplett has workouts to monitor for Football, so maybe he doesn't want to.
One reason to wait till after the season is possibly on Travis Bradford at East. He played at West, and I'm sure if we were looking for a coach he would get a call.

barnyard bobby
Waterboy

Post by barnyard bobby »

I just heard the news. I played against the man twice (1-1 record). He really ran a tight ship from what I saw. Shocking news to me...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I think I know what changes Coach Triplett might be talking about. Notice I said "I think I know".

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I've allready heard what is going to happen.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I think they should hire freshman and jv mid season coaches, and let Dunham do his thing, as he has been. That would allow tripplett to get back to his business as football coach, while west moves on with roundball season. Like said above the sky is the limit for Dunham at age 20. I think we will see a stir around the west portsmouth community, especially if the senator perform well against oak hill and north adams, under Dunham.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All I can say is thanks Coach-T for stepping up for the kids.

GO WEST!!!!!!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Agree with the thanks to Coach T and D. However, given the nature of the situation, the administration would have to have a screw loose to hand that job to ANY 21 yr old kid!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Any head coaching job at age 21 is a no -no. Esp at west , it's just way way way to much to ask any young man. Regardless of the guys outstanding characteristics . It's just a train wreck waiting to happen. The adm' over there needs to get a grasp on the program. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

I agree 21 years old is to young. I know he's won
the one game that he's been head coach. I also heard
that they will be hiring a head coach soon. good luck
to the new head coach.

basernner
Waterboy

Post by basernner »

But what does all this say about the person that walked out on his TEAM?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Very true, to walk out on a team mid-season, don't care what the circumstance, is not a good thing...hope those that walked out are not interested in coaching jobs elsewhere. I don't think administration has ever considered hiring a kid for this job anyway, they are way brighter than you are giving them credit for. In the meantime, West kids are doing well from what I hear. Good luck the rest of the season West!

Return to “Boys Basketball”