Coach Gibson Steps Down at West

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:Demaniac, very well said-If they would have let the coach (Gibson) coach and the family cheer then they wouldn't be in this problem!!!! Too many parents in MANY school districts want and do stick there nose into the coaching of athletic programs. When this happens, what is the result??? LOSING-The school itself loses, the programs loses and the student athlete loses.

The school board needs to step up and stop all this parental involvement or ALL your programs will decline. Ask yourselves West backers, how many programs are successful at your school??? What is the problem??? Answer these honestly and you might see that it is not the athletes, nor the coaches, but a parental and board problem!!!!!!! Just telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!

Well said I think the time has come where people are starting to want changes in the sports programs at West. West fans please step up and support your Coaches this will make everyones lifes better.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

It's pretty amazing that Coach Jenkins survived for as long as he did and he did a good job and had a few good teams during his time at West.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

We have a couple of good programs at the PORTSMOUTH WEST

THE GOLF TEAM AND THE SOFTBALL TEAM.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just going back to something Knoweldge said about hiring coaches that make a 10-15 year commitment. Most coaches do not last in the business that long, sorry!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Cameron34, I could not agree with you less on your push on here to solve these problems by handing the progam of varsity basketball to a college student right now....I'm sure his time will come though and he
is learning alot right now! As for the rest of the comments............there are no perfect teams out there, every team has discipline problems and parent problems...........that is unfortunately part of being a coach. It's everywhere and has gotten worse everywhere in the last decade. In the meantime, hopefully those problems will have gotten better if only due to the drastic moves these coaches made by leaving. Not sure that is the answer either though. Oh yea, Demaniac, it'd be cool if you'd practice what you preach!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

we picked up two new coaches at West

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

Who are they?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:we picked up two new coaches at West

Was this approved at a school board meeting?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

not sure on that one yet, but there is two new guys that coached the team tuesday night vs. oak hill.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Should the School name be changed to Ironton West.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

falconflyer wrote:Should the School name be changed to Ironton West.

If they are good coaches and care about the kids I don't care where they come from. By the way the Orange and Black is West colors correct?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Mu point. It would be an easy tansition. You don't even have to change school colors.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

falconflyer wrote:Should the School name be changed to Ironton West.
thats some funny stuff I'm sure the west siders appreciate that one MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Who are they? Glad to see someone stepped up to help mid season! :-D
I attended the South Point/Portsmouth game Friday but heard the West and Oak Hill game was supposed to be a blow out and it ended up being a tight ballgame. Good for you West, way to come through in adversity!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

he looks to be a very well minded coach that they kids want to play for

bigmont5
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmont5 »

is Parker the AD? :roll: The gang could be all back together

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

"The gang" is only a figment of your imagination! :lol:

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

knowledge wrote:From what I hear all the kids respect and are behind Dunham. When are you vets.. gonna realize that us young guns.. are coming, and were on the rise, and gaining knowledge more and more. Hiring veteran coaches as new head coaches is the dying breed of hiring. When I say veteran coaches, I say coaches who a 10-15 plus commitment possibility would be unlikely. No disrepsect intended, Im just saying new hires is all about the youth movement now a days. 8)

I attended the Northwest and West game last night, looked like the new coach has a lot of energy, they played well against NW. Jordan and Bricker for lefties are very talented. Is the Jordan boy the son of the Jordan player from the 1980's just wondering.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

ssusoccer wrote:
knowledge wrote:From what I hear all the kids respect and are behind Dunham. When are you vets.. gonna realize that us young guns.. are coming, and were on the rise, and gaining knowledge more and more. Hiring veteran coaches as new head coaches is the dying breed of hiring. When I say veteran coaches, I say coaches who a 10-15 plus commitment possibility would be unlikely. No disrepsect intended, Im just saying new hires is all about the youth movement now a days. 8)

I attended the Northwest and West game last night, looked like the new coach has a lot of energy, they played well against NW. Jordan and Bricker for lefties are very talented. Is the Jordan boy the son of the Jordan player from the 1980's just wondering.

Yes it is the son of Boyce Jordan, West b-baller from the mid 80's. Boyce actually passed away seems like around a year ago.

Return to “Boys Basketball”