Eastern 54 : Miller 51 - FINAL

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I think Im pretty worldly, just not other cultures.

Vaya Condios
Last edited by 4sporterEHS on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Anyone got the JV score, or who won?

-I Am What I Am
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

4Sporter. I'm not even going to give you a LOL on that one......

Steven Smith, on ESPN, used the "Mea Culpa" phrase, this afternoon, talking to the majority owner of the Carolina Bobcats on ESPN.

This phrase has nothing to do with time, culture, or age. Catch up my friend, it is one that is commonly used, especially in the sports culture, when someone says something controversial, or critical, and it does not pan out.

It is simply a little more formal way for saying "I'll eat my words".

Don't date me, I'm not that much older than you, but maybe a little wiser.......... ;-)

Oh, and Vaya condios??? You sound like Slim Whitman :lol:

And I doubt that you remember who he is........ :-D
Last edited by Steely Dan on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... very good win for the youngsters at Eastern - how did my boy Jake Lynch do tonight? Coach Caldwell & TEAM Eastern will make you play ball to beat 'em ... when will the "size challenged" factor come into play ? or will it ? will TEAM overcome the size factor? or maybe "size" DOESN'T matter ? ...

... congratulations to the "feel good" Eagles ...

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Eastern JV won also. Dont remember the score. Sorry. Way to go team Eagles. Varsity 4-1. JV 5-0. Way to go boys!! We believe in you!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Maker - Thanks for filling in the blanks! Congrats to both boys teams tonight, Howie has got to be feeling better about the direction of Eastern basketball.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

We will have to see about that! I like to think of myself as being smart and knowledgable on the sports side of things. Sue to me being in college, I have not been able to watch as much ESPN as I would like. Maybe that phrase is a fad that has not yet reached where I am at. I would like to travel to the Convo to see you and make my evaluation of who is smarter and just see how old you are, since you will be wearing a Federal Hocking Pulloveer Baseball Jacket, but I will be unable to make the trip.

Maybe a nice season this year, and a great JV team will make Howie return for many seasons to come. I don't want any other coach coaching the Eagles.

Go Green!

-I Am What I Am
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

4sporterEHS wrote:I think Im pretty worldly, just not other cultures.

Vaya Condios

What is a condios? Is that what God puts on hot dogs, like ketchup and stuff?

Spacing is important.
Last edited by g w mclintock on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

4sporterEHS wrote:We will have to see about that! I like to think of myself as being smart and knowledgable on the sports side of things. Sue to me being in college, I have not been able to watch as much ESPN as I would like. Maybe that phrase is a fad that has not yet reached where I am at. I would like to travel to the Convo to see you and make my evaluation of who is smarter and just see how old you are, since you will be wearing a Federal Hocking Pulloveer Baseball Jacket, but I will be unable to make the trip.

Maybe a nice season this year, and a great JV team will make Howie return for many seasons to come. I don't want any other coach coaching the Eagles.

Go Green!

I'm not saying SD is old but his social security number is 3. LOL

and you are right , Howie Caldwell is a heck of a coach. Eastern is fortunate to have him.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

That is the correct spacing. It is a phrase literally meaning "Be With God", but people use it as a form of saying "Goodbye" or "So Long". I got it from the George Strait song, Easy Come, Easy Go. At one point in the Chorus it goes as follows,

. . . . . . . . Goodbye, Farewell, So Long, Vaya Condios, Good Luck, Wish You Well, Take it Slow, Easy Come Girl, Easy Go

-I Am What I Am
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

It means "You Go with God". Vaya is the verb, conjugated with an "a " means "you", Con is "with" and Dios is "God". But it's a great song and anybody that likes George Strait is a friend of mine.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - Thanks for the English lesson, but you know me.

Relying on George Strait for a language lesson, well is, ok, I won't say it......

And yes, you get MUCHO points for using conjugated in a sentence. I am absolutely positive that your 10th grade English teacher (wherever he or she is at this time) is smiling!!!!!!!!

And, to prove that I have a social with a 3 digit number, I believe that George Strait's version was a remake, from many years before.

Disclaimer: GW does not endorse, or condone, anything that I say, even though he is actually OLDER than me.............LOL!

And 4 "sporter", you have a PM. No need to insult anyone, or be disrespectful, and no one has been that way towards your beloved Eagles.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Well, I love George Strait. Thanks for telling me the real meaning of Vaya Condios. I typed it in on an Spanish dictionary online and Go with God is what came up. . . but i think you are right about the spacing thing, it should be Vaya Con Dios, but the lyrics of the song have them together.

-I Am What I Am
kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

From the looks of the score, it sounds like it was a good game! Congrats Eagles!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Miller Mole wrote:By the magic of modern medicine, Householder went through surgery today and recieved a ligament from his coach. The 6'9 boy has moved back to Columbus today because he could not take the intense practices. Some of you need to learn how to take a joke. By the way, Eastern has the best coach in the TVC.

How did Householder do in this game :?:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

What is some of the statistics to this game?

-I Am What I Am
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Lynch 9 Johnson 16 Rawson 10 householder 17 thats about all i know

the thinker

Return to “Boys Basketball”