Ironton 52 VS Wheelersburg 63 - FINAL

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

phil, I completely agree about the amount of unnecessary 3 pointers, I said the same thing after the Ashland game.

There is a stomach virus going around the school right now 2 of my 3 have had it and my youngest missed his game last night because of it. It is a nasty one.

I bleed orange and black!
TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Mad_Dogg wrote: now beat them in boys basketball. how long has it been since this happen?

I think they beat them twice last year didn't they ??

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote: now beat them in boys basketball. how long has it been since this happen?

i meant when did they last beat them in both football and basketball in the same school year

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

You are correct MalteseFalcon.

I agree too many unnecessary 3 pointers. When you are hitting fine, but we need to take it to the hole.

Tigers just didn't seem to get a rhythm going. Were out of sync all night.

Spradlin is an awesome player. Burg started off fast and never looked back.

Keep your heads up Tigers. Get ready for Chilli. My crew will be there right after we have our Donato's pizza. :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Rhiannon wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

You are correct MalteseFalcon.

I agree too many unnecessary 3 pointers. When you are hitting fine, but we need to take it to the hole.

Tigers just didn't seem to get a rhythm going. Were out of sync all night.

Spradlin is an awesome player. Burg started off fast and never looked back.

Keep your heads up Tigers. Get ready for Chilli. My crew will be there right after we have our Donato's pizza. :lol:

Burg only beat Ironton once last year, at Ironton. They did beat them twice, two years ago. In the regular season at Burg and then in the Regionla finals at the Convo.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

You are correct yabbadabbadoo. That was when we had the 3 point King Dennis Gagai. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

I like how Barrick shook it up tonight with a new starting line up! The five that were on the floor to start the game gives Wburg the best chance to win. Those 5 are not afraid of making mistakes and will get after it on offense and defense. Having Cook and Conley coming off the bench will be a good top 7.

It depends on the play of Spradlin and how Cook and Conley respond throughout the year as to how far this team goes.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Made it out to see the Burg for the first time this year. Spradlin looked very good. Ironton struggled shooting the ball against the Burg zones and couldn't seem to get the ball in the post or penetrate the zone very well. Both teams played very hard.

Congrats to Burg on the win.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg only beat Ironton once last year, at Ironton. They did beat them twice, two years ago. In the regular season at Burg and then in the Regionla finals at the Convo.

Who beat Ironton in the tournament last year? Was it Chesapeake? Apparently I have forgotten already. :oops:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg only beat Ironton once last year, at Ironton. They did beat them twice, two years ago. In the regular season at Burg and then in the Regionla finals at the Convo.

Who beat Ironton in the tournament last year? Was it Chesapeake? Apparently I have forgotten already. :oops:

I believe it was North Adams.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg started out the game like a house on fire and Ironton was as cold as Aunt Ethels icy stare. The Burgs defensive pressure had a lot to do with that though. It's a good thing that the Pirates started out so hot and built up that 23 point lead at one time because they went ice cold for a stretch in the 4th quarter and had numerous turnovers to let Ironton creep right back into to the game. But, like they say, a win is a win and the boys needed this one to get back on tarck. Now it's time for a tough Northwest squad to come into town on Friday and they defninitely need that game if they want to keep pace in the SOC race.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

philthyphil wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

I believe it was North Adams.

You are correct. They lost to North Adams 72-69 in the District Finals.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:You are correct. They lost to North Adams 72-69 in the District Finals.

Oh yes, who could forget the game where it seemed everyone including the Ironton trainer had 5 fouls and 70 of North Adams 72 points came from the free throw line. I have never been so mad at a basketball game.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If someone who wasn't at the game, for example, a sportswriter that votes on an AP poll, not that either team will probably crack the poll this year see's that score, they will think it was a closer game then it was.

It's good to know such info is available just in case a AP poll voter does some research on SEOP before casting his ballot. :roll:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:If someone who wasn't at the game, for example, a sportswriter that votes on an AP poll, not that either team will probably crack the poll this year see's that score, they will think it was a closer game then it was.

It's good to know such info is available just in case a AP poll voter does some research on SEOP before casting his ballot. :roll:

I'd think they would be more apt to get the score off of the AP wire than off of here. :roll:

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
jottings
SEOPS H

Questions for Ironton posters

Post by jottings »

Got two questioins for Ironton posters.

Who will Ironton play on Dec. 18? Pocket schedule has Ironton and South Point playing and also has Portsmouth and South Point playing. Which one is correct?

Two--Have they made a makeup date for the Ironton-Jackson game?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Questions for Ironton posters

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Jottings wrote:Got two questioins for Ironton posters.

Who will Ironton play on Dec. 18? Pocket schedule has Ironton and South Point playing and also has Portsmouth and South Point playing. Which one is correct?

Two--Have they made a makeup date for the Ironton-Jackson game?

Jottings, per the Ironton Tribune, the Jackson game will be Tuesday the 18th and the Ironton-Logan girls game will be Monday the 17th......

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

I think that Ironton needs to be more agressive going to the basket.

The defense kept the game some what close.
Keep your heads up and good things will happen.

How about a major upset friday? that would be nice.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

[quote="yabbadabbadoo"]Game was not as close as the score indicates. Ironton made a run late in the game, with the Burg starters on the bench.

I agree with you yab. That is evidence when you look at the box score of the game. Some look at it as a dig but it could also show that Ironton did not give up. Some people are quick to look for excuses than to admit their team did not play well and everyone does not post everything about their team in a good light.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You are right in saying that Ironton didn't give up in the game and in no way was I implying that.

No team should give up at any time during a game.With the three point basket nowadays, any team can make up a deficit very quick, just like Irotnon did last night. They kept on playing hard and cut it to the final deficit, even though the Burg was leading handily most of the second half.

Return to “Boys Basketball”