Vinton Co Vikings @ Belpre Eagles (Fri. Night)

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

beleagle05 wrote:
This is going to be a very hard fought game Friday night and I'm looking foward to seeing some quality basketball.

Well i guess its a good thing VC is coming to town. Because from what Ive seen there is no quality basketball in Belpre. :-D

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

ok so what time does this game start? Thank you to everyone who gave me info on web-casting I was able to find a site...can't wait to see this game :shock:

GO VIKINGS

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

akwhitewater wrote:ok so what time does this game start? Thank you to everyone who gave me info on web-casting I was able to find a site...can't wait to see this game :shock:

GO VIKINGS

Freshman game starts at 5:00,JV at 6:30 and Varsity approx.7:45

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Beleagle05 wrote:
While I agree that Belpre more than likely will not win this game by 20 points...that doesnt give you the right to make up words Wink ...I mean poposterious???? How are you gonna correct someone on their grammar, and say something like that? Rolling Eyes
One thing I noticed at the end of the Marietta game was that the coaches lost their composure, and in turn, the players lost their composure. It was especially noticeable when Lynch fouled out, and the kids were looking to the bench for some advice or a play or anything, and the coaches were yelling at the kids on the bench. I am in no way saying that coaching cost Belpre that game...just making an observation.
This is going to be a very hard fought game Friday night and I'm looking foward to seeing some quality basketball.

I agree Beleagle05, the kids did lose their composure and the coaches were not giving them any direction at the end of the game. They had Micah out front setting picks instead of trying to get him the ball underneath. I think your observations are right on the money

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

VC Will not win this in the first quarter like they have been
They need to just keep in the game and not let belpre get on a big run
Maybe Get Up A Couple baskets after 2
and win it in the fourth quarter
I Just cant see them ending the game in the first or second quarter
this will also be the first real test they have

And then they will have to turn around and play huntington the next nite

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

MOBSTERMAN wrote:VC Will not win this in the first quarter like they have been
They need to just keep in the game and not let belpre get on a big run
Maybe Get Up A Couple baskets after 2
and win it in the fourth quarter
I Just cant see them ending the game in the first or second quarter
this will also be the first real test they have

And then they will have to turn around and play huntington the next nite

Zane Trace would beat Belpre by 10 +, and VC handled them nicely. So to say this is best team VC has faced is just false!!!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

CJ i never said they were good, just said they would beat Belpre. Have you seen the Eagles play?

The Eagles may have more talent, but they can not play as a team. The one time they did it was against a winless Meigs team. I am saying when this is all over with I think Zane Trace is a better squad, and over all a better win.

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

Goodluck Belpre. Play as a team and win for the home town crows!

Just A Fan
Waterboy

Post by Just A Fan »

Sorry, missed the key....CROWD!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Does anyone know if this game is on webcast?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

HaterAid wrote:
beleagle05 wrote:

Well i guess its a good thing VC is coming to town. Because from what Ive seen there is no quality basketball in Belpre. :-D

Please take more shots at these kids...seriously

I'm sure you're much better than anyone Belpre has right? :roll:

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Temper, temper. I think it is absolutly halarious that you are getting upset at my comments. So called Belpre "fans" have been on SEOP all year saying the Eagles have coaching problems, problems dealing with not having a "go to guy", problems with bickering with each other. It seems to me that you so called "fans" would like to see a real team play real team ball. You get on me for calling out your team when your fans, including you, have been bashing this program the entire season. If you are so concerned with the "kids" or the "team" look in the mirror. And this defense, from the guy who was tring to run Thornhill out of town last year, because he took too many shots. Just a suggestion get behind your team and coaching staff, good or bad, and suport them. And as for my statement Belpre has not played good, at all this year and the only way they win this one is if the same refs from the football game call this one too.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre has no coaching problems but as with anything new you have to allow for a period of ajustment. "HaterAid" you need to chill. You're the type that if Vinton is "upset" you won't be on this forum for a week then when you are on here, a loss will be everyones fault except the team's.
Like it or not HaterAid, Vinton though the class of the TVC, still do have to play the games. One of those 10 TVC Ohio games is tonight at Belpre.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

HaterAid wrote:
And as for my statement Belpre has not played good, at all this year and the only way they win this one is if the same refs from the football game call this one too.

Are you still PO'd about the football beating we put on you? Get over it its over. Whenever VC loses anything its always the Refs. Nobodys bashing the coaches or the kids just pointing out some observations that been noticed this year. How many times have you actually seen Belpre play? Fans have a right to make honest opinions on here without being accused of bashing the team or coaches. Get real HaterAid and remember ,we do have the talent to upset VC tonight.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

1st I dont live in Vinton Co. Just like to follow SE Ohio sports and I happen to think VC is, by far, the class of the TVC.

2nd As for the football game I would hardly call a 7-0 game a beating. And reguardless what you think the refs did determine the outcome of that game. So enjoy your paper championship, there wont be many in the near future.

3rd Your observations are wrong or you cant read. If you look at the posts on this site Belpre fans are the worst about tring to find someone to blame for losses. And a lot of times will put that blame on the kids playing or the coaching staff. Look no further than last years blasts on Thornhill or at the post from the game Tues. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck odds are Belpre fans will blame it on the coaching. And as for what you said about fans being able to make honest opinions on here, if you say something about your team you should not be upset when someone calls you out. If you are going to dish it out then prepare to suffer the backlash.

4th Eagles 20 Are you serious? VC has to play games? And 10 of these so called "games" you speak of are in something called a conference. Thank you for clearing that up for me. Nothing gets by you. Your breakdown of highschool athletics will truley help me sleep better at night. You are serving a pulic service, keep up the good work. :roll:

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

VC- 68
Belpre- 49

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Eaglepapaw wrote:HaterAid wrote:
And as for my statement Belpre has not played good, at all this year and the only way they win this one is if the same refs from the football game call this one too.

Are you still PO'd about the football beating we put on you? Get over it its over. Whenever VC loses anything its always the Refs. Nobodys bashing the coaches or the kids just pointing out some observations that been noticed this year. How many times have you actually seen Belpre play? Fans have a right to make honest opinions on here without being accused of bashing the team or coaches. Get real HaterAid and remember ,we do have the talent to upset VC tonight.

BEATING?
THAT DOES NOT DESERVE A REPONSE.
VC LOST THATS IT.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Bluegrassvilles:

This is the website that should be covering the game on Friday Night, I don't know if it will work but thought I would give it a try

Athensi.com.

Good Luck Tonight Vikings......Good luck to both teams I hope both come out of this rival game intact.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

A great saying i once heard...."When you win, its the players, when you lose, its the coaches". With that being said, back to the game. Belpre will have to play there best game all year and have less than 10 turnovers if belpre wants to win this game. Sims has been on fire the last 2 games having 24 against meigs and 18 against marietta. Lynch hardly misses at home as he has 10 threes in 2 home games this year. If Belpre can put together a full game tonight, i dont see why they couldnt knock off the almighty vikings. The 6th Man will be rockin tonight as it is black out vinton, but Pfalzgraf is going to have to stop guthrie and someone is going to have to slow down stewart, i look for this game to be similar to last years qwith vinton county pulling it out in the end. Always a close game when VC comes to The Nest.

VC 66
Belpre 59

Return to “Boys Basketball”