EASTERN EAGLES @alex Tuesday nite

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Eastern should be 5-1 right now. The youngness of the team showed nerar the end. I liked the way Eastern ran the ball the entire game though. Alex trailed until about 2 minutes left and Alexander had to make about 30 free throws out of 35. They didn't miss. there were some spots where Eastern had a chance to make free throws but didn'y knock them down. Kelly missed a three near the end of the clock to tie it up but missed, at least he gave them a chance to win. Eastern played good ball 30 minutes of the game. Kyle Rawson was so tough in the game. Had to have 15 rebounds or more, if he misses he'll get a chance to put it back up. Always gives 110%. Jake won't miss from the corner. He knocked down some nice shots and was able to break the press with nice ball handling.

The JV team lost their first game, 5-1. They looked so funamentally sound. These JV kids really understand the game of basketball and seem to understand the offense. Alex was just the better team in the 1st quarter. EJV outscored them the rest of the game. Im excited to see Eastern down the road, the JV kids are tough.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Rawson is the leader of that team from setting up the d to firing up the team he is a very good leader allways giving his all everygame all the eagles playing good team ball lets get anouther win streak going.

the thinker
Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

According to The Athens Messenger, EHS was 10 of 19 at the free throw line whereas AHS was 10 of 15.
EHS missed a bunch of the front end of one and one opportunities.
The Eagles have not been good at the foul line.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... when you are "size disadvantaged" you better pick it up somewhere else ... without the size and being able to get to the rim as the Eagles do they had better be improving that FT line % ... going to be a lot of close games vs the teams with more size ... I'm sure that Coach Caldwell vs the bigger teams wants to keep it close through 3 and half quarters , making it a 3 or 4 minute game where EHS can count on their D, shooting AND FT shooting to "git 'r done" ... "ain't" going to happen if the FT shooting doesn't improve .... I thought ALL "shorter" type players could shoot FTs !!!! ... come on EHS tighten up that FT shooting !!! you work to hard all game NOT to get it done when it counts ...

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

I agree 4sporter. The Eastern JV team is fundamentally sound. We have at least 4 freshman starting every game compared to other teams with mostly sophomores and juniors starting, Alexander was no exception. I believe these boys will be tough in the future. I applaud our varsity team. They are doing a great job this year. Lets get the win Friday against Southern! Go Eagles!!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Shazbot wrote:According to The Athens Messenger, EHS was 10 of 19 at the free throw line whereas AHS was 10 of 15.
EHS missed a bunch of the front end of one and one opportunities.
The Eagles have not been good at the foul line.

Yeah, the stats don't show all the one & one oppurtunities missed. I bet 6 or 7 of those misses were the front end of one & ones. 10 of 14 for Alexander, those 5 misses came early in the game. Ill wager to say FT's lost the game for Eastern and won it for Alex.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am

Return to “Boys Basketball”