SOUTHERN vs. MEIGS

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

SOUTHERN vs. MEIGS

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Well, Southern couldn't hit a barn w/a shotgun in the first half, but woke up and beat a hard fighting Marauder team 52 to 47 I think. Not exactly sure about the score.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

again shows that coaching can lose a game. where was chris good in the 2nd 1/2? why did we stop what worked in the ist 1/2? 0-4 and can't seem to do anything right. this coach seems way over his head. if there are some ewing backers on here what is his background? has he ever coached before? belpre kicked him to the curb from what i could gather before firing their coach. what is the story?

jottings
SEOPS H

Actual score?

Post by jottings »

Was the 52-47 score on Saturday's game the correct tally?

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I was hoping someone from Southern would post a correction if needed. But it seems Southern's fans are being extremely quiet.

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

All I know is that Southern played with so much intensity in the 2nd half and it definately showed. Down 12 or 13 points at halftime, they really stepped it up there in the final half of the game. I would also have to say the crowd helped out as well. They were going crazy and everyone knows when your fans are that much into it, the players are as well, they feed off of the cheers. :-D Good win boys!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Jottings 54-49

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

TornadoMan25....wasn't the game played at Meigs? So Southern's fans were louder than Meigs' on the Marauders home court? I don't know why I'm surprised. It's been that way for years. Meigs fans (other than the students) don't know how to get fired up and get behind the team. Instead they want to sit in the stands and second guess the coaches. It's been that way for a long long time with many different coaches. What a shame.

rt.33fan
Waterboy

Post by rt.33fan »

frozen rope i agree with you about the meigs fans. It's hard to be excited
about a game(any game) when it's very obvious they don't have a coach (that knows how to coach). The meigs school board hired this coach maybe they should reconsider. I feel instead of blaming the players who are playing what the coach says then get punished because they are not winning. Maybe coach should accept the blame for not knowing how to coach them. The team is 50% responsible, coach 50%. At this point he should just stop attempting to coach and just let them play. I think HE has humiliated them enought.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

rt33fan: Put in your paperwork and maybe you will become the next head coach of the Meigs Marauders!
you guys need to give it a rest in Meigs Co. land.

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

Listen, any school could take him home for a couple of weeks and try him out and they would agree with us. Can anyone tell me of another coach who hurries people out of the gym after a game, and then holds a 45 minute practice, where the boys who just played a game have to run pass plays and RUN? I've never heard of that. Can anyone tell me of another coach who goes in at half time and tells the entire team NOT to shoot the ball, to pass down low and let him shoot, except for comes back at the beginning of the third and forgets to put the big man back in the game? But he did remember to remind the others on the floor not to shoot. How can you score any points by telling your team not to shoot? and the saddest thing about the not shooting is ALL the players agree to this story, not one, I have heard it from four mouths now. A man-to-man defense worked in the first half, they were up by 12 points at half time, and the coach makes them play a zone in the second half, even after the boys tell him that it is wrong in the third quarter and ask him to change it, instead Bryan Harris has the ability to light them up. How is that coaching? I don't care if it sounds like I'm bashing the coach or not, I just think (since I know he reads this crap) that someone needs to tell him how to fix it and I'm not trying to argue because I know I'm not the only one that sees it. They didn't lose those twelve points on their own but he sure would like to place all the blame on them about how bad they are making him look. What he doesn't realize is how bad he is making himself look on his own. The more people hear about this and the more people tell other people what they know the sadder the story is. The boys don't even have the heart to want to play anymore, and it is very obvious. That hurts to see that. Even people who just want to see the show agree that Meigs can't win because they don't have the heart. The coach is supposed to be about playing the best five how they should be played, and letting them have fun, this is NO fun. This isn't even fun for the fans anymore.

sportyspice, before you even say it, I could go watch another team, you're right, but I have missed a total of three meigs games in the last 3 years and that was even before I had a boyfriend on the team. So, I doubt that I would be watching another team. Besides that the only two or three other teams I would want to see we play two times in the season, and I can catch their Tuesday night games instead. Trust me the people that continue to come to the Meigs games, only come to support the boys. I have YET to hear one person at any of the games say they agree with what Ewing is doing to these kids. Well I guess besides you.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

No one in their right mind would take the boys head coaching position at Meigs with the way their fans act. :roll:

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

bass master;
we had 2 groups of parents bash abbott. 2 austin dunfee's parents made complete fools out of themselves during a game and then another kid, a senor also complained. this was enough along with his record to get him fired and yes his record was bad.
be honest, don't you think that ewing has the majority of the parents blazing mad? more than 2? and yes he is sailing right into 0-20. if he is guilty of 1/2 of what people are saying, abusing the kids both verbally and phsically, wouldn't you agree he ought to go?( not me because i haven't accused him of anything except being a bad coach).
open your eyes and you can see that there are maybe a dozen people on here basically telling the same story and only 1 or 2 saying it's not true.
quit defending this guy you don't bash kids for telling the truth.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I bet Coach Ewing won't be back next year and I couldn't blame him, and then you will have someone else to hide behind your keyboard and bash all season.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

stocky kid, if in fact you are a teacher at Meigs, I bet the board of education would be REAL interested to hear that you are using school computers and school time to post all of this garbage.

Second, I would be REAL careful about some of the accusations you are making on here about Ewing.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

man of sorrows;
do what you feel best. i don't work for meigs but i bet they would love to read these. trying to out someone is a violation of the rules so keep it up.
bass master if the meigs job is so bad then i cannot think why anyone would want it. so why not worry about eastern instead.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

stockykid wrote:man of sorrows;
do what you feel best. i don't work for meigs but i bet they would love to read these. trying to out someone is a violation of the rules so keep it up.
bass master if the meigs job is so bad then i cannot think why anyone would want it. so why not worry about eastern instead.

I don't worry about high school sports let alone Eastern. ;-)

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

bassmaster;
you seem to worry about meigs alot. frankly i'm glad you're concerned but you are on the wrong side. with this much smoke there must be fire. if it was just me i swear i wouldn't say a word. if you are a regular on here and i know you are have you read 1 thing bad about chancey from me? even 1 ?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Stockykid, you deserve about enough of SEOPS. If I was a MOD, you'd be off of here! You have no right coming on here basing everyone. Has the point not got to you that there is no one on your side. If you think your so much better, then apply for the job! Your probably just a former player that has gained some wait, drank some beers, and has no sense.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

Pantsless 30 and Stockykid, It appears i don't have to say anything! You are making yourselfs look like idiots without my help. :lol:

Pantsless 30, I am sad to hear you are someone's girlfriend, that explains your one-sided view of basketball, however.... I thought maybe you were someone that actually knew alittle about basketball, oh well... ( I guess I should have known by your posts!) I am also worried about your boyfriend, does he not get to play? Is he really this miserable?? Maybe he should quit, if he hates to program so much!

[b]I don't think I will post anything else on this sight and I encourage everyone else who realized that the rantings of someone's girlfriend and a bitter washed up player are not worth responding too.[/b]

It is sad, that so-called fans act like this and this site has turned into this stupidity!!! For years, I have been reading these posts to get info about players and teams that I care about.....too bad you have decided to turn that into this crap. I guess it is true, a few rotten apples DO spoil the bunch!!!! :(

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

stockykid wrote:bassmaster;
you seem to worry about meigs alot. frankly i'm glad you're concerned but you are on the wrong side. with this much smoke there must be fire. if it was just me i swear i wouldn't say a word. if you are a regular on here and i know you are have you read 1 thing bad about chancey from me? even 1 ?

You are a player's girl friend :?: :?: :?: Oh my gosh :!: :!: :!: That explains a lot. I'm outta here :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Boys Basketball”