SOUTHERN vs. MEIGS

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

4 sporter;
those comments where made about the team trying to do what the coach wants and having no clue. what ever he is teaching them is not getting through. and yes a good coach could go into our crowd and pick 5 kids out and beat them.
now why. maybe i should have explained this better.1 1/2 the kids who can play basketball do not come out. because they do not like this coach. 2 any group who has less life in them that meigs basketball are in comas.
it is not the kids fault and i do not bash the kids.what is funny is that fasteach wrote a blog that said meigs would compete for the tvc title in late october AND you guys bashed him constantly. i agreed with him then but now these kids have no spirit.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I believe you are making comments that are disrespectful, ruse, discouraging, and selfless! You have no business on this site.

Do you have 4 usernames! :shock:

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

and you are right this is not about coach caldwell nor do i want to bring him in i just think that ewing could use some advice and since he and howie know each other that would be someone he would listen to. would you agree spaceball that this is not ewing bashing?

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

i have 1

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

If it is not Ewing bashing, or kids bashing, then what is it?!

I don't really know, nor can figure out what the purpose of your posts are?

-I Am What I Am
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I would think that someone in authority at Meigs would contact SEOPS and ask that the Meigs threads either be monitored more closely or not be allowed at all. This is ridiculuous and is not fair to the players, coaches, and the real fans at Meigs :!: :!: :!: If it is kids doing the bashing I could understand it but if you are adults you should be ashamed of yourself :oops: :oops: :oops:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

It amazes me

-I Am What I Am
son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

Stockykid said
"1/2 the kids who can play basketball do not come out."

What amazes me is that people make it sound like the Meigs Basektball program went dowhill only after Ewing was hired. Have they not been to a game in the last 5 years or so? The quote above may be true (doubtful) but last season was the first in memory that Meigs did not have enough players for a freshmen team.
Last edited by son_ofthe_south on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

I would just like to say that my son was coached by Ewing and he was very respectful to the boys. They also had a winning season. Has anyone thought that maybe its not the coaches fault and maybe there is no discipline and they cant run a half court offense. I know alot of the boys personally and they're good kids but some have no discipline. Let the coach do his job and parents if you think he's doing such a bad job, apply for the job yourself. Everyone wants to point fingers, like they always say, its easy to coach from the sidelines.....

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

I would just like to say that my son was coached by Ewing and he was very respectful to the boys. They also had a winning season. Has anyone thought that maybe its not the coaches fault and maybe there is no discipline and they cant run a half court offense. I know alot of the boys personally and they're good kids but some have no discipline. Let the coach do his job and parents if you think he's doing such a bad job, apply for the job yourself. Everyone wants to point fingers, like they always say, its easy to coach from the sidelines.....

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

bass master;
if this conversation bothers you and you are mot connectd to meigs sports and you don't even care for high school sports why are you here? these are your words.
i'm off on vacation for 2 weeks see you then.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

stockykid wrote:bass master;
if this conversation bothers you and you are mot connectd to meigs sports and you don't even care for high school sports why are you here? these are your words.
i'm off on vacation for 2 weeks see you then.

Those are not my words :!: I said I don't worry about high school sports or anything for that matter. I care for the kids is why I'm here. Enjoy your vacation....I'm sure you'll be sadly missed here :!: ;-)

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

. . . . . . .NOT

-I Am What I Am
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

hpefully he does stay off of here for two weeks. But i guess we played right into his hands. He wanted attention, he wanted to cause a stir, he did. He got what he wanted and I feel that it is part my fault for letting him do that. I apologize.

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i normally do not get into these arguments but here goes.stockykid is wrong in some of what he says, but he does have a right to say them. i have also been clear in who i am so there is no problem with id, but this trying to identify people needs to stop. the people from eastern need to go back to eastern blogs this meigs business.the school board and the school will be fine without you.
now as i said the coach knows who i am and how i am connected to the basketball team as does most of meigs students. team you are talented we know it and can not figure out what is wrong. coach we know you know what you are doing, we want to help in any way possible. what do you need?
my dad was a farmer who told me that when you have horses not pulling together nothing moves and that has been the case here for 2 years at least. i think we need to back the kids and the coach and do what we can do to help. coach some of us want to help. don't push US away.
basically i saying coach i know you read this. i am sorry 95% of the parents show up for the games because they care. i for 1 offer my help i will do what YOU want ME to do and no more you are the coach, lead. i know my son will follow and so will the rest of the team.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I'd say if Coach Ewing and Coach Hawley felt like they needed help they wouldn't go to a fan or a player's parent. There are some good basketball minds in this area they could call. The best thing that could happen to the Meigs boys basketball team is for everyone to leave them alone and let them try to work it out themselves. Good luck to the Marauders and their coaching staff :!:

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

bassmaster is right i 1 thing coach ewing has not ever asked my opinion and i have not given it. asking me would do him little good because what i know about basketball is not 1/100 what he has. but if he did i think he needs to know that some of us are on his side. if knowing that upsets you bassmaster too bad. i hope the coach know i only mean to help even or especially if that means staying out of the way.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Well you know it doesn't upset me in the least because I have no dog in that fight up there, but what some people think is helping out I bet Coach Ewing can do without :!: ;-)

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yeah, I agree fasteach.

Although Stockykid has a right to say all of that stuff, it does not help the team one bit and if he is Meigs fan, or whatever he claims to be, then he would not say all of that stuff. IN ORDER TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL YEAR/PROGRAM, THE FANS NEED TO BACK THE COACH. That is VERY important, and stockykid is not backing him. He needs to if he's a fan.

-I Am What I Am

Return to “Boys Basketball”