SOUTHERN vs. MEIGS

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i bet ewing not only is not going to ask i would not know what to say. this guy has his support on here. he is not totally out of his mind. what i said was knowing he does not need me if he does or the team does here i am. i also would be chris hutton would, dunfee would, bolin would, tolar would,well would on and on. these 10 kids have played basketball together since 7th grade. us parents know each other. stick together. i don't know who stocky is but i would say he cares because if he did not he would not want meigs to get better or take it personally when things go bad.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

4sporterEHS wrote:I believe you are making comments that are disrespectful, ruse, discouraging, and selfless! You have no business on this site.

Do you have 4 usernames! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

InTheBleachers
Waterboy

Post by InTheBleachers »

I hate to tell you that if you think Stocky is the only person on here that agrees with his statements you're wrong. Also, just because he is gone if you think this coach will get any better, you're extremely wrong. This coach is awful on his own without anyone else's help, especially the people's opinions on here. The coach shouldn't be reading this anyway, and it certainly should not be affecting his view of things. :mad:

spaceball1 wrote:IF THEY WERE PRACTICING A OFFENSE AGAINST THE 1-3-1, THEN THEY NEEDED IT BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RUN ONE THE WHOLE SECOND HALF. THEY ARE YOUNG, AND NEED A LITTLE MORE MENTAL TOUGHNESS. THEY ARE EASILY RATTLED. SOUTHERN CAME OUT IN THE SECOND HALF AND SHOT REALLY WELL. THIS TEAM HAS BEEN LOSING FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, I THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE RESON FOR THEIR LACK OF DRIVE. THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE ABOUT THEIR ABILITIES, THEY ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER ON THE COURT INSTEAD OF BEING ENCOURAGING.... I HOPE THEY CAN PULL IT TOGETHER!

Seems to me even if they did practice that offense, they didn't run it because the coach was calling the shots. He seems to get very mad at the boys if they don't do exactly what he says, but the second half they did EXACTLY what he said, and lost the game and I hear they got punished for it, how is that fair? I even know they did exactly because I listened to him scream at them while they were playing and watched them move exactly where he said for them to. The coach was even going as far as to say left or right side, and giving away their offense, so it is no wonder southern was smart enough to pick up on that. How many more games will the boys be forced to run "Utah" that doesn't work and that seems to be the only play that the other teams would need to know they run? Ewing seems to act like every game is a scrimmage, they do something wrong and he yells at them, he doesn't even give them time to adjust to "game-like" conditions and pick up the pieces and fix their mistakes without yelling at them or pulling them out of the game for anything that goes wrong. He sat three young men in my opinion during the game saturday night that should not have been sitting, in fact they should be team leaders. I believe they had two fouls and he yanked them out. How would a coach decide to yank out a kid that just hit two big threes and only had two fouls? I read on someone else's post that the coach told the kids not to shoot, well the kid didn't shoot anymore. Strikes me as odd that if the coach wants to win so bad that he would play the players that are shooting the ball well. But he doesn't seem to want to do that, maybe because it wasn't the play he called or something? If anyone could tell me what that something is I would love to know?

This is game six if the boys don't have any mental toughness then they aren't going to get it. I don't think they have a lack of confidence but I do think that the coach took their confidence away, they all look like scared little puppies in that ball game because they know if they do one thing wrong they are yanked out, how can that be fair to the team? or to their teammates? Just like I thought it was very inappropriate for a JV coach to make a decision for a player to sit an entire half. I do not need to know what was said to jv coach (I was wondering), but since when does the jv coach have that much power? It doesn't even look like the Asst. Varsity has any power or say-so in the game. I have never in any game see that same player playing as bad as he is now. What did this coach do to him? He used to play with as much confidence as Michael Jordan and although he may not be as good, he could hang with the best of them, and now he's basically doing nothing.

They only seem to argue on the floor because a player keeps yelling at his teammates during games, about what they are doing wrong. But he doesn't seem to realize he makes mistakes also, how is that right? Even people in the stands hear it and see it (obviously) and it is wrong. I think that no player should be yelling at the other players, and how the coach doesn't see or hear it is beyond me. All it will do is turn the team against that player, and if the coach doesn't stop it then it will continue and hurt the team more. But this coach doesn't strike me as the type to care. It doesn't seem like the team means anything to him except that he can put punishment on them. This is not an inter-city school, it is a public school in a small town and the coach needs to realize that. For this area the kids that play sports are the ones we want representing the school districts, if he keeps this up Meigs won't have a program at all because everyone will be too scared to come out and face a coach. I can honestly say, if he would have coached back in the day, I would not have let my children play for him. He is a timebomb waiting to happen.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

It's sad that the current coach gets blamed for all the of problems that were already there. Rome wasn't built in a day. :roll:

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

the current coach is not getting hammered for things in the past. this is where you must be from here to understand. meigs high school basketball has been down for years BUT these kids have NOT. if you where from here you would know. that is the problem outsiders cannot understand and it is not your fault. bolin,tolar,wise,hutton,barcus have been together since 7th grade and they have always won. they constantly battled for first. well, smith are 1 year under and dunfee, goode 1 year over. those 5 juniors have been together constant until last year when tolar and bolin went varsity. the other 3 and well and smith finished 15-4 (?) as jv's. they have always won. the parents are used to them winning.there was an expectation that they wouls sweep all before them. it has not hapened. hey my son is there and that is me.that does NOT make it the coaches fault.
where we agree is that ALL of us are upset because we are losing and do not like it. the parents ( me too), the kids and the coach. i absolutely know this stuff is tearing him up. no coach wants to lose, except lloyd carr. he would not care if he did not care. the boys would not be practicing every night if the coach did not care. everyone is blaming everyone else.in truth maybe no one is to blame.
from here anyone from any other school quit reading: coach we had southern and river valley beat and let them off the hook. we played gallipolis down to the wire. the only losses to be ashamed of where belpre who beat us and alexander when we quit. our kids need to know that and we parents need to tell them that. we could be 2-3 IF we had, what guys 10 more points? is 2-3 bad? heck no. would the kids attitudes be different against alex? probably. we can not go back but we CAN move forward or stay right here. i do not like it here! the kids do not like it here! the coaches do not like it here! and the parents do not like it here!
LET"S MOVE FORWARD!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I don't know what you mean by being "from here" but I know the Superintendant, the Principal, the AD, both coaches, and a few of the players. I also work with several of the parents of Meigs athletes. I hear a lot of the things that are being said and yes the current coaches are taking some heat for problems that were already there. The coaches and players need a lot of support from the fans, the parents, and the administration of the school. Good luck to the Marauders and the coaching staff the rest of the season. :-D

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

fastteach: I know a lot of teams that have had success in "biddy ball", junior high, and freshmen teams. However there is a lot that goes into having success at the Varsity level. Instead of one grade competing against each other they are competing against the top 3-4 grades. How much better have they gotten since the "biddy league" years? A "biddy league" team could have had one kid that made them very good. Their progression cannot be put on this years coaches. It has to be put on their own shoulders because of the coaching turnover the past 4-5 years.

I love when parents bring up the past and try and use this to evaluate a Varsity team.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I thought Southern came out in the second half and looked determined to win.....I hadnt saw that out of them all season, I would like to see that attitude carry over to the rest of the season.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

too true regulator the coach is being hammered for that reason. it is not fair to him again pr is part of the job.
now i'll get to you bass master. this is mostly a meigs to meigs thing. we have people on both sides of this issue with the coach and the parents. it bothers me when people who do not know the parents slam them. i have been slamed on here for being selfish and i do not think i am, do you? look up the blogs. there is a profile button.every thing i ever wrote. some twit on a computer 2 counties over does not know what they are talking about while we generally do know who is talking and why.
it bothers me that people slam the coach when they do not know what he is doing/trying to do. unless you know the coach, shut up! how can a person who has never seen meigs play even come close to critically examining a game? we have people writing opinions who have not even heard a game on RADIO! and you have an opinion on our coach? leave him alone! i go to every game and i STILL do not know why meigs seems to find a way to lose. you can say from 100 miles away? unless you are dean smith i would say not.
i personally have been slammed for having multiple id's( not true), defending my son( to the death),for defending other players on the team and for defending meigs without question( one person called a super fan... like it was a insult). mostly by people i have not and will not ever meet.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Maximus wrote:I thought Southern came out in the second half and looked determined to win.....I hadnt saw that out of them all season, I would like to see that attitude carry over to the rest of the season.

Southern came out and took control. What little I've seen of Southern this year has been good.

On a side note, Give Coach Ewing some time. I hope that the Meigs faithful realize that it takes some time for things to turn around. Those kids were coached by another guy, and it does take time to change things.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

southern fans i thought southern played well too. did not mean to hyjack the blog. good team, good luck. maybe in southern both teams will be better. get that braur ready that cunninham kid is for real.

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

Ewing could be out coached by every coach they play this year. Don't worry Meigs will screw around and lose every ball game they play because of this man. Southern could have been stopped but Ewing didn't listen to what his players had to say about the defense, personally I think the boys should have told him to go out and play and kiss their butts. Aren't they the ones playing? Shouldn't they be explaining why they think a different defense would have worked better? Shouldn't the coach have thought just for one split second maybe the boys were right, because maybe just maybe they know more than him? Oh no, I said it! He's making himself look less and less like a coach every game, when will he stop all this non-sense??!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I heard a player for Meigs quit is that true?

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Post by manofconstantsorrow »

pantsless 30, let me get this straight. You are saying that the players should be the ones to make the offensive and defensive adjustments, right? My question is, what player on this team would have the basketball knowledge to do that? What success in their basketball careers make you think they have the ability to make any adjustments? Do you think that is how it is done in other basketball programs?? What experience with coaching do you have that qualifies you for these ridiculous opinions?

Your comments make you sound like a 20 year old girlfriend of a disgruntled player, oh wait, that is EXACTLY what you ARE!

You really should quit posting. Nobody on here is going to take you seriously.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Pantsless30 wrote:Ewing could be out coached by every coach they play this year. Don't worry Meigs will screw around and lose every ball game they play because of this man. Southern could have been stopped but Ewing didn't listen to what his players had to say about the defense, personally I think the boys should have told him to go out and play and kiss their butts. Aren't they the ones playing? Shouldn't they be explaining why they think a different defense would have worked better? Shouldn't the coach have thought just for one split second maybe the boys were right, because maybe just maybe they know more than him? Oh no, I said it! He's making himself look less and less like a coach every game, when will he stop all this non-sense??!

When I played I wouldn't have dared to tell the coach that what he said to do wasnt working, as a player you have to listen to what your coach tells you and believe in it. I am not trying to create more issues on this thred but I think you just have to show respect to your coach at all times.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Maximus, this is a 20 year old girlfriend making these posts. You can't take them seriously.

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

Disgruntled player? Nah he could careless about what this man has to say to him. He loves basketball but he can continue to love it and play HIS game now. Truthfully he could have been the player with the basketball knowledge to out coach the man. I can't even call him a coach because he isn't one. Any coach that has the nerve to bring up a players MOTHER in a private conference doesn't deserve the name coach. It was the proudest moment in my life to say I knew him, he stood up for someone close to him that means something to him. I have had these opinions the whole time, but for the sake of him not being punished I kept my mouth shut on here. Would you rather me tell all, Ewing would look like a real angel. NOT! Quit trying to figure out who I am because you're way off key with those remarks and I'm sure she would not like it.

Yes, I think the players should have an opinion in how they play or what plays are working or not, they are the ones on the floor. I do not think they should make every decision but I feel they should be able to talk to the coach about it and he could give them an answer in a different play or different defense. This coach only likes players that do EXACTLY what he says, even if it causes a loss.

Noone on here will take me seriously? You mean just Ewings family that is on here right? Or his supporters that truthfully don't want to believe he could do such NASTY things to his players!! But guess what HE CAN AND IS!!!

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

Oh by the way, Yes, Meigs ONLY returning ALL-TVC player was asked to quit, and when he said no the coach started calling his mother names. That was enough for him, and yes he did apologize to the ENTIRE team, told them to have a good season, and shook all the coaches' hands. Can you tell me who is older, player or Ewing?

InTheBleachers
Waterboy

Post by InTheBleachers »

Isn't this supposed to be a site for opinions? Why is it that if someone doesn't support Ewing and speaks they get ripped by someone? Just share opinions and answer questions, don't cause a fuss. Truthfully, who cares who pantsless is? Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I hadn't been on here in a couple of days, and it shocks me to find out they lost a player. If it is the kid I think it is, and Stocky's favorite, the teams' morale just fell down a few pegs. But I agree with Pantsless, it is NEVER ok to dog a parent to a kid's face.

manofconstantsorrow
Waterboy

Their is a difference between stating opinions and stating falsehoods just to try and damage a persons career and reputation.

Most of the time posts from people like pantsless or stocky just amuse me because it is halarious to listen to people rant and rave and have absolutely NO knowledge about the game of basketball or coaching basketball but when they start spreading falsehoods just to settle personal vendettas i feel obliged to post and let people know where these idiotic comments are coming from.

By the way, pantsless, you admitted to having a boyfriend on the team on page 1 of this very thread. Do you even know who YOU ARE or do you have multiple personalities?

Return to “Boys Basketball”