Piketon vs Paint Valley 12/21

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Piketon vs Paint Valley 12/21

Post by 4sporterEHS »

What are the record of these two teams? Piketon has to be the favorite, they just lost to a very good Hunt. Ross team. I dont really know much about Paint Valley.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon first plays Westfall Tuesday at Westfall. Westfall, despite the late start and limited practice time because of the football success, is scoring in bunches. The Red Streaks defense will need to step up BIGTIME.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I totally agree with you there mikepike!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

how many games have they lost? and won?

-I Am What I Am
Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon is 3-2

Wins-Northwest,Unioto,Zane Trace
Losses-Greenfield, and Huntington

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

well, I think they will get their 4th and 5th win this week.

-I Am What I Am
Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

If Piketon played like they did friday night vs. Huntington the Westfall game will be a close one!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Two big games for the streaks this week...must wins to stay in the SVC hunt. Schedule has been pretty rough for the young lads, take away the Unioto game and teams they've faced has a combined 20-5 record. Paint Valley has a history of playing them tough and the Streaks lost two very close games to Westfall last season. When you coach youth, you need positive things to happen early to gain confidence. Although it's early in the season....I say these are "must wins".

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Personally, I thought that Westfall looked better against Unioto than Piketon did.

I'll take Westfall in that game, but it should be an exciting game with a ton of athletes on the floor. I don't see that game being decided by more than 6 pts going either way. If the game was at Piketon, I would go with Piketon.

Piketon should win against Paint Valley pretty easily.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

does anyone know what time the first game, whether Freshman or JV, will start Friday night? As was said to Dirty Harry in 'The Enforcer,' "I gots to know."

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

im going to take piketon by 20+
i think babrson will have a big night in this one !!!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I totally agree with you OSU fan

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mikepike- According to the Huddle, PV doesn't have a freshman team. So, gametime would be 6PM.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

PV BOE voted last year to cut the frosh basketball coach and team as part of the district cutbacks. Thus no Froshamn game. As an SVC rule the JV game will start at 6:00pm

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

Piketon by 30+

If you build it, they will come
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

danicacalifornia and bengalfan76, Thanks for the info. Hope to see the Streaks roll and some of the younger players see a great deal of time.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Well, I got my wish. Streaks lead 50-9 at half, win 83-44. Liked the pressure D as well as spreading the offense around. The effort toward rebounding was good too. Paint Valley is clearly down compared to the other teams I've seen this year. Going through what I've seen Piketon experience in the past. Wasn't thrilled about the Bearcats 'overaggressiveness', and I thought the refs let some rough stuff go on. Was glad to see the Streaks not retaliating.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I saw the Chillicothe/Jackson halftime score and it was 47-7 and I didn't think I would see one worse than that at the half. Then, I saw the Gazette this morning and saw this score. WOW.

I know PV's down, but that's still a very impressive score.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Coach Lisath took the press off early in 2nd quarter, and played the bench and reserve players most of the second half.....could have been a lot worse and possible 100 point night if he hadn't called the dogs off.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I enquired as to what the biggest win spread ever was for Piketon and was told that in the 50's Piketon beat Western Pike 108 to 25. I thought that Piketon could have scored 100, but they played a very aggressive game and forced tempo.

Return to “Boys Basketball”