Alexander @ V.C. 12/21

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

At the half
Guthrie 10 points 6 Boards
Eberts 8 points 7 Boards
Prater 6 points 1 Board
Stewart 3 points ( foul trouble in 2nd quarter)
Grillo and Beaty with 2 a piece

Barnhouse leads Alex with 8 points

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

After 3
V.C. 43
Alex 37

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C. 57
Alex 38
Final

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

1 point in the fourth Quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great D from VC

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Guthrie led the Vikes with 21 points and 17 boards. While being triple teamed all night.
Eberts had 12 points 7 boards
Prater 10 points 7 Boards
Stewart while in foul trouble all night added 8 points.
Grillo had 4
Beaty 2

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Alex did NOT control the tempo of this game....at least the one in McArthur tonight. Alex is a good team and played scrappy ball. Good outside shooting kept the Spartans within reach but the Vikings were solidly in control throughout the game. I think that some adjustments need to be made on the part of the Vikings or our trip to Albany may not be all we hope for. However, congrats to the Vikings for another win...despite playing what "Fighting Falcon" described as a team that was weak and "no-one"...I believe that was the phrase he used to describe all the TVC schools. Chalk another W in the books and lets get ready for SE tomorrow night.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Considering VC's avg per game is just north of 75 I would say there was a tempo issue in this game. Well for the 1st half anyway. Alex tried to take the air from the ball, but just didnt have the horses at the end. Guthrie was a monster when his team needed it the most, and drew double and triple teams all night. The guards were not hitting like they usally do and this is why the game got close. Alex played the game of thier year for 3 quarters to keep it close, but just plain lost their steam as the game winded down. VC was never in jeoperdy of losing this game.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Well, a win is a win. Have to give Coach Gabriel and Alex some dap for a pretty good game. They went on a nice little run in the 2nd Qtr to keep things interesting through most of the 3rd.

VC had more turnovers than I'd like see(especially in transition) and there were a good many silly reach fouls that got some of VC's starting primary players in some early foul trouble. The ref crew called a pretty tight game and I thought were very quick to call some traveling calls(both ways).

In the end, VC's size and rebounding kinda made the difference in this. In the 4th Qtr, VC really slowed down the pace of this game, spread the half court, and seemed to frustrate the Spartans into some poor decisions.

Alex is a nice team. Not that big, but athletic, and well coached. Best of luck to them.

Nice to see some college scouts at the game to look at Dut Guthrie. I know Ohio Dominican was in the house. Dut shinned. Not only on the board, but also nailed a long-range three and had some "handy" assists you might not normally see from a big man.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Like i said
vc still has guthrie
vc still wins
21 and 17
with double and triple teams
im not saying he is the team
but he is def the nucleus of the team

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Any Body Have the JV score? Thanks

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Thanks Captain Jack. A lot of good basketball left to be played in our area :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”