Pike County Holiday Tourney- Dec. 28-29 2007

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Pike County Holiday Tourney- Dec. 28-29 2007

Post by thecinderellapick »

first night is western vs. waverly and eastern vs. piketon. whats your predictions? any upsets? scores?

theclawisthelaw
Waterboy

Post by theclawisthelaw »

ill say western over waverly but its a big toss up between piketon and eastern because both of these two teams are very inconsistant but if eastern plays like there capable theyll come out with a W..

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

claw,
i agree holeheartedly with you about eastern. they played with an intensity against western that maybe only a rivalry can bring out. imean, they came very close to beating the indians, then they got beat by n.d. by 12? thats just not cosistent enough for me to pick them over piketon.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I don't know much about any of the county schools but Piketon, but, based on the season so far, I like Western and Piketon to meet in the final, with the Streaks bringing home the trophy.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon's inconsistent?

They lost on the road to Huntington(7-0) and to McClain(6-1)

Eastern lost to Southeastern, when SE was down 3 starters. Southeastern is also 1-8.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Ya, dont see how Piketon is inconsistent! They lost to two good teams.
And a 5-2 record dosent sound inconsistent.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Piketon vs. Waverly rematch from last year's final.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

I'd have to pick Piketon and Waverly. I'm not going to predict the final since I haven't seen Piketon yet.
Last edited by jumpman on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldDribbler78
Waterboy

Post by OldDribbler78 »

On Friday I predict Western over Waverly, but it'll be a tight one. Piketon will pretty much have their way with Eastern. In Saturday's consolation game it will be Waverly over Eastern and Western over Piketon in the championship.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i think piketon will beat the eagles by 20+ , and piketon will meet the indians in the championship and should win big!

theclawisthelaw
Waterboy

well danicalifornia and sports 101 its not so much that piketon is inconsistant they just havnt played up to their potential,i mean they have been in very many close games that should of been blowouts, but just like the eagles they have lost some close games to some bad teams that they should have beaten..

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

but eastern hasnt played the scedule piketon has played !!!!

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

hmmm.... I guess losing to two teams with a combined record of 15-1 is inconsistant....but last time i checked at the end of the day a win is a win.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

"but just like the eagles they have lost some close games to some bad teams that they should have beaten."

Piketon lost by 12 to Huntington and I think 10 or so to McClain and that is the only two games they have lost. Eastern is down this year, I know it is hard to swallow for you since you are either a student, player or fan but know one on here is slamming the Eagles.

Waverly hasnt been able to fire on all cylinders and are having a hard time finding offense. Walls is solid, but others have to step up. Western is doing well, but can their guards handle the athleticism of the Tigers and get the ball to Shanks and Smithson? I say Waverly wins this one in a tight contest.

Eastern is also looking for their identity and they only return one player with quality varsity time. Who will step up and score for the Eagles? Piketon is playing well, and Brabson and Legg are doing well on both ends. Others need to step it up on the boards and do the dirty work that is necessary to become a very good team. Piketon takes this one.

Consolation, Western gets by Eastern on a neutral floor.

Championship game Piketon over Waverly in a slugfest. Waverly is athletic as is Piketon, but Piketon in the edge in basketball players. Should be an exciting two days of bball. Good luck to all teams.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Piketon lost to Huntington by 12.....
Western Lost Huntington by 43....

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

claw- in my opinion, Eastern can play there best game and Piketon can play a decent game and still come out with a win by 20+!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

well ....
just a couple more days and we will find out ...... :!:

theclawisthelaw
Waterboy

sports 101-your probably right piketon is all around more talented than eastern because everyone knows that the eagles are young and have a bad record but im just sayin that when they come out ready to play there not an easy team to beat

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

are you serious?...piketon inconsistent?

this game will be a blowout....just like the paint valley game friday night.....it was 50-9 at halftime.....it will be just as bad friday night

hammer755
Waterboy

classic

Post by hammer755 »

piketon has to be the heavy favorite to win the county classic.

Return to “Boys Basketball”