who do u believe are the top jv teams.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

who do u believe are the top jv teams.

Post by threesportathlete09 »

who does everyone think is the the top 5 jv teams in southeastern ohio?
my thoughts are:
1. vinton county (12-0)
2. huntington
3. athens
4. waverly (7-3)
5. zane trace

these records are the only ones i know or from the last i heard.
this is just the teams i have seen play not just from records or anything

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

East's J.V. squad has really impressed me this year. I believe their record is 8-2 with losses coming by 3 and 6 points respectively- definitely one of the best j.v. teams coming out of east for quite a while. A couple of the juniors on this squad also play varsity, but their j.v. play is needed to make this team stronger. Good luck to all teams the rest of the year.

GO TARTANS!

bettis36
Waterboy

top jv teams

Post by bettis36 »

Symmes Valley is 7-2

Oakaholic33
Waterboy

Post by Oakaholic33 »

Oak Hill is 9-1 and they beat Symmes Valley

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

McClain is 7-1 and are the only team to beat Unioto by a large margin. Unioto, I believe, has a bad record, but has lost close games to Huntington and Zane Trace.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

VC's JV is undefeated and has beaten 3 of the 4 other jv teams that 3sport listed. They play mostly fresh and soph's and are not a junior loaded jv team. pretty impressive for a young group i think.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

correction they have beaten all four teams i forgot vc played Zane trace.

dct3407
Waterboy

Post by dct3407 »

I have seen Oak Hill's jv play, and for freshmen and sophmores they were a very strong, well sized team. However, I did notice a couple of their players played several minutes varsity too( this was erly in the year). Are those players still going both ways or have they moved up full time.

sportfan
Waterboy

Post by sportfan »

portsmouth trojans has a really good j.v team with a record of 6-5 but improving

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

sportfan wrote:portsmouth trojans has a really good j.v team with a record of 6-5 but improving
They're very well coached, too. That guy, though young, will be a varsity coach within the next five years if he wants to stay with it.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren, undefeated playing only Freshmen and Sophomores with wins over Athens, Zanesville, Maysville and Ironton. A key player SO Kaleb Wolfe broke his finger in several places and some of the players are starting to be held out of the JV game so that they have quarters for varsity. We'll see if they can keep on winning . . .

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

VC's JV team, much like the varsity seem's to have a pretty deep bench. They don't seem to lose much with the second 5. Good future for Viking basketball.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

VC has 2 or 3 Jv players that would start for alot of teams in the area and are a very good JV squad. Huntington is a very close 2nd allthough they loss to the Vikes by 10 or so it was a much closer ball game than the score.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

VC's jv was actually down by 13 i think to huntingtons jv a half and ended up winning by 10+. Great group of kids that are coached by the old dinosaur that says its his last year, i think he's said that since 2001 lol. he loves it to much to stop.

vc_fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vc_fan »

He has groomeed alot of great players for coach Combs. He deserves more credit than he gets.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

John Royster really does deserve some props for the job he's done handling the JV program at VC. Granted, even though he's originally from Wellston, Royster has not only converted from those silly blue and gold colors, but has also done an outstanding job of getting kids ready for the next level. Its ALL part of a Program........... :)

I'd be real curious(Hawkeye) what Royster's record has been as VC's JV head coach? I bet its pretty good.

My only dig against Royster is that he really needs to be more animated on the bench. :roll: Man, the guy never shows ANY emotion!! :shock:

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Reedsville Eastern 8-1. Good group of ball players. Normally 4 freshman and a sophomore starting.

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

Maker, who is the soph. that starts for Eastern?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

The Sports Guy

Who is the JV coach at Portsmouth that you speak so highly of ???

Return to “Boys Basketball”