who do u believe are the top jv teams.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i notice that some posters are saying their jv teams are made up of mostly frosh and sophs. isnt this pretty much the norm? dont see any juniors playing jv ball.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Q101: It is not the norm in the SEOAL. The majority of the teams we play have some juniors playing down. Many times they are very good, but just can't quite crack the starting line-up at varsity and playing JV gives them good minutes. It definitely seems that Warren sometimes has teams load-up their JV team a bit for a better shot at winning. Winning the JV game isn't as important as the varsity game, but folks still try to win it if they can.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bucknut 23 wrote:The Sports Guy

Who is the JV coach at Portsmouth that you speak so highly of ???

That would be Aaron Smith, son of former Trojan coach Tom Smith. Great guy and also a great family.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Vinton County has the best JV team i have seen, they are big, deep and fast, also Warrens JV is pretty darn good, Grant Venham dominated in the game i saw, hes a freshman and he had a dunk in a JV game!

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

i think in the past two years as vcs jv coach Royster has gone 18-2 and 19-1 and this year if they run the table they will be the first jv team to do so in vc history. good luck coach. i also believe that he has been saying this is his last year since 2001 or so but i also think that if he runs the table he will retire. u know everyone wants to go out on top.
yeah i agree royster does need to show more emotion on the bench and maybe get T'd up from time to time just to let everyone know he is there. :-D

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre's JV teams not to bad. I think they are 8-4. These freshmen and sophomores are pretty good. Remember Belpre has 2 sophomores and 1 freshmen that start varsity. Another freshmen that plays alot and will probably start varsity by years end.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Pointers were 9-0 until they met the Panthers of Chesapeake. Now they are 9-1. So I am going with the Peake as one of the better JV teams.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

dct3407 wrote:I have seen Oak Hill's jv play, and for freshmen and sophmores they were a very strong, well sized team. However, I did notice a couple of their players played several minutes varsity too( this was erly in the year). Are those players still going both ways or have they moved up full time.

Actually they are mostly juniors that started and played most of the time. Cody Canon was playing varsity last year as a sophomore and not JV at all. He played a lot of JV but still a good bit of varsity that night. Oak Hill had 4 juniors on the floor much of the game I watched--out of the seven players that they played that night.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

West Union and North Adams have a really nice JV team.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

whatever wrote:Maker, who is the soph. that starts for Eastern?

I dont think there are any sophomores starting on the JV team but if your talking about the Varsity, then that is Jake Lynch

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ty, I am not sure what his record is, I could try to find out. However, I know this he as been the JV coach for the last 8 seasons and every season he has won at least 15 games, and you are pretty good at math. That is at least 120 wins compared to a hand full of losses. I will investigate further.

maker
Waterboy

Post by maker »

Starting for Reedsville Easterns JV team usually are four freshman including Kyle Connery, Tyler Hendrix, Devon Baum, and Brayden Pratt. Also, the sophomore that usually starts is Andrew Benedum or another freshman- Brad Stone. Good group of ball players. They are 9-1.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

vinton county usually starts 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen and one junior, but before an injury it was 3 sophomores and 1 freshmen and one junior. they have a very deep bench with 5 other player who can come of the bench and they dont lose a thing. they have 4 players who also dress varsity three of which are sophomores and one junior. VC's present and future are both bright on the basketball front with the other boys programs coming around.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

Royster did get "T'd" up at the huntington game.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

threesportathlete09 wrote:i think in the past two years as vcs jv coach Royster has gone 18-2 and 19-1 and this year if they run the table they will be the first jv team to do so in vc history. good luck coach. i also believe that he has been saying this is his last year since 2001 or so but i also think that if he runs the table he will retire. u know everyone wants to go out on top.
yeah i agree royster does need to show more emotion on the bench and maybe get T'd up from time to time just to let everyone know he is there. :-D

I only remember one loss for each of the last two seasons, but my memory does fail me from time to time! The two losses I do remember are when Royster had personal emergencies and was not able to attend these games, so the two losses were when the team was being coached by the freshman coach, not Royster :roll: And when it comes to getting "T's", well, he may be mean, but he is ours and we love him!! :razz:

dct3407
Waterboy

Post by dct3407 »

From what I see on this post, Oak Hill seems top be running the table with the jv teams in the soc this year. am I right on this?

Also, how are the other SOC jv teams fairing :?:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

I have seen several varsity teams in which Vinton County's JV team could beat, or at the very least seriously compete with. To avoid any confrontations, I will leave those teams unnamed :lol:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Striker....I hope you never have to engaged the Automatic Pilot. :lol:

OSUfan07
Waterboy

Post by OSUfan07 »

I haven't heard alot about the JV team at Warren local,they play team ball and at this point,1/2 way through the season,they are undefeated.With big wins against Zanesville,Ironton,Maysville.They are a bunch to keep your eyes on the next few years,as most are freshman. : :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”