Fed Hock VS Eastern 1/11

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

I think Howie needs to sit back and look at the beginning of the season when we were winning. It actually looked like we as a team was having fun and a time or two I actually thought he was having a little fun. Now the boys are afraid to make a mistake and they are too tense to play good. They look a little tired. I know I could not play that way and I do not know how these boys do it. Boys you have all the heart and talent to win ball games and maybe you can get back on track and do so. I wish you all the best and am very proud of you all. Keep up the hard work. Before anybody feels the need to criticize(sp?) me this is just an observation from a dedicated fan and I have heard others say the same thing I just stuck my opion out there. GOOD LUCK EAGLES with the rest of the season!!!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

whatever wrote:I think Howie needs to sit back and look at the beginning of the season when we were winning. It actually looked like we as a team was having fun and a time or two I actually thought he was having a little fun. Now the boys are afraid to make a mistake and they are too tense to play good. They look a little tired. I know I could not play that way and I do not know how these boys do it. Boys you have all the heart and talent to win ball games and maybe you can get back on track and do so. I wish you all the best and am very proud of you all. Keep up the hard work. Before anybody feels the need to criticize(sp?) me this is just an observation from a dedicated fan and I have heard others say the same thing I just stuck my opion out there. GOOD LUCK EAGLES with the rest of the season!!!

Howie and the boys will be fine by tourney time. They play very hard.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Everyone, dont listen or go along with Whatever. I'll be the first to criticize you. This is not Coach Caldwell's fault. Ever since I remember, whenever Eastern does not do good, parents, and fans find everything they can to rip Howie. Comon', he coached a team to the Final 4, I'm sure everyone loved Coach Caldwell then. A lot of times the players complain and it leaks to their parents, then they get mad at Howie. The parents should stay our of everything, if you are a parent, or relative, whatever. They are just in a funk right now, and I'm sure Eastern will snap out of it.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - Just going from what I heard on the radio, so, I'm at the mercy of what I'm being told....... ;-)

Actually, listening to fastbreak, I heard about the second slam. Didn't know about it until they mentioned it, and I subsequently read your post.

Are you paying Pfloyd royalties for your use of the "napkin stat" phrase????

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Steely Dan wrote:
Are you paying Pfloyd royalties for your use of the "napkin stat" phrase????

I noticed the same. :lol:

-I Am What I Am
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

sd-
No I checked and he forgot to copyright it.... LOL

I use "napkin stats" because they are far from official. LOL

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Parents have a right to make comments about what ever they think is the problem if its the coach or whatever i might not agree but the can say what they think as long as its not too personal you guys crack me up good luck Eagles keep your head up.

the thinker
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

"Far from official"?

That sounds like a Clinton defense of Whitewater!!!!

OK, I'm going no further than that.......LOL!!!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Sounds more like prez. Bush defence for the war.

the thinker
freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

If Cory Vales isn't the MVP of this league something is really wrong. He has been big in all the league games. He shut down Cunningham at Waterford, last weekend has 20 against Miller than 26 and a double double at Alexnader and another big night from the sound of it against Eastern. I know people talked about Cunningham being so good, Vales is the best big man in the league and probably both sides of the league Ohio and the Hocking and maybe in Southeastern Ohio.

crabbycrabs
Waterboy

Post by crabbycrabs »

whatever - - - this time of the season i am sure not only are the Eagle boys tired but so our all the other teams...Don't make that as an excuse.
If you know coach caldwell so well, you also know he has not coached any different in his 10 years or so at Eastern or before at Southern. The boys knows what he expects and he usually gets it out of them. This group of boys are young and not much height but they know how to get out there and get after it. Maybe instead of you telling coach to go back and look at beginning of season maybe you should starting talking to the team. If you say they have the heart and talent , then they are the ones that need to dig down DEEP and find it again. Coach Caldwell has had many WINNING seasons at Eastern and many trips we have followed to Columbus and love it. The boys just need to remember these first 20 games are warm ups and when the tournament starts EVERYONE starts with the same record....GO EAGLES...

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Even though I don't agree with everything that Coach Caldwell does I can't argue with his success. He's forgot more about the game than most of us will ever know, and if your son doesn't want to work hard to be a winner he is not the coach for you. There is always a small group at most schools that try to cause problems for everyone and this is the case at Eastern. This is a great group of kids with a great coach and they will work it out. They just have to be patient and so do the fans. This group of kids is very young and the best player on the floor is a sophmore(Lynch). They have lost some games that they should have won and those losses have come from some good teams. Good luck to the Eagles and Coach Caldwell the rest of the year.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

freethrow wrote:If Cory Vales isn't the MVP of this league something is really wrong. He has been big in all the league games. He shut down Cunningham at Waterford, last weekend has 20 against Miller than 26 and a double double at Alexnader and another big night from the sound of it against Eastern. I know people talked about Cunningham being so good, Vales is the best big man in the league and probably both sides of the league Ohio and the Hocking and maybe in Southeastern Ohio.

I'd take Vales over Cunningham any day of the week.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Vales being better than Guthrie at VC is quite a statement.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

think about it wrote:Parents have a right to make comments about what ever they think is the problem if its the coach or whatever i might not agree but the can say what they think as long as its not too personal you guys crack me up good luck Eagles keep your head up.

They shoulda have the right though. It does not help the team starting stuff about the team.

You crack me up, think about it, eagle parent, keep your head straight.

-I Am What I Am
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I must say I'm with 4sporter on this one.

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

whatever... Do you honestly think a coach like Howie has not stepped back and thought about the beginning of the season? The thing people have to remember is that his coaching style has not changed the last 84 years that he's coached. What has changed over the years are the players and their attitudes. How easily we forget the various conference titles, sectionals, districts, regionals, and even a final four that came with Howie. Might I address another issue of parents invoking their thoughts to players, especially when the going gets tough. Although certainly entitled to their opinion, they should respect the boundaries and allow a coach to do his job. Often, parents comments to their son are contradictory to a TEAM philosophy. It's only as a parent and former coach that I can say parents eyes have tunnel vision. They see only their child and want them to shine. These are the same parents who are trying to relive their h.s. years or the ones they never had. The same ones who have never played for a coach like Howie and don't understand the trust between a player and his coach. Let the players play, coaches coach, and fans cheer. Good Luck Eagles!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

^^^^^^^^^^ Nice post :!:

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

lights out wrote:whatever... Do you honestly think a coach like Howie has not stepped back and thought about the beginning of the season? The thing people have to remember is that his coaching style has not changed the last 84 years that he's coached. What has changed over the years are the players and their attitudes. How easily we forget the various conference titles, sectionals, districts, regionals, and even a final four that came with Howie. Might I address another issue of parents invoking their thoughts to players, especially when the going gets tough. Although certainly entitled to their opinion, they should respect the boundaries and allow a coach to do his job. Often, parents comments to their son are contradictory to a TEAM philosophy. It's only as a parent and former coach that I can say parents eyes have tunnel vision. They see only their child and want them to shine. These are the same parents who are trying to relive their h.s. years or the ones they never had. The same ones who have never played for a coach like Howie and don't understand the trust between a player and his coach. Let the players play, coaches coach, and fans cheer. Good Luck Eagles!

Very nice post. Agree with every word of it. The last thing you said is like a banner in the Eastern Gym..Let the players play, coaches coach, fans cheer, and officials officiate.

Return to “Boys Basketball”