Fed Hock VS Eastern 1/11

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

First of all I am not a parent of a team member. I was only stating what I thought, but then again I should have known better. People on this site do not what to hear anybody elses opinion only their own. So again that is my thoughts go ahead and rip them somemore. I am only an Eastern fan not a parent, Thank God!

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Everyone on here has the right to voice their opinion, true. But, whatever, if you are an Eagle fan then stop. Stop saying stuff like this. As a former player, I did no like when the fans starting saying stuff about the coach and start making excuses for the losses. I always took it as the players losing the game; after all they are the ones shooting and playing defense. If you want Eastern to win and be a better team, don't start a fire, because coach Caldwell hears things along the grape vine as well as the players. Starting arguments does damage to the team.

There has been many times on here where fans, not Eastern fans in particular, but on other threads as well where fans proclaiming their dedication to a team will start arguments about the team in one way or another. I always have thought people should not do this, if they say "they are trying to help". That, in my opinion still, will not help the team in any way.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

this is not a meigs thread but i feel compelled to say something here mainly because 4 sporter came on our threads earlier.
coaching is more than teaching plays and yelling at the kids when things go wrong.this is not directed towards mr caldwell or any coach out there so do not get mad. coaching is about bringing the best out in yourself and your players to achieve as much success in athletics as possible. there is no 1 formula, no best way. the best coaches win year after year by molding the kids they have and bringing them together to make 1 TEAM. not 5 individuals not even 10. 1 goal 1 idea. every player and every coach doing everything they can to win. coaching changes when the players change and yes old school is over and dead. coaches do not stay in a school 20 years and they do not have a kids grand kids eventually and no parents do not feel the loyalty they once did.

times change and the best people do too. if you do not you become like the dinosaurs, wonderous to see but doomed to disappear.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I meant Vales MVP of the Hocking Guthrie is in the Ohio. They have a MVP for both sides

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Its too bad parents now take the kids side. Used to, it was always the kids fault, as it should be.

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

it IS the kids fault. kids have changed in 20 years. when i played we had 3 channels on tv and reruns in summer. no ac, no mtv. i personally practiced in the am, fished in the afternoon and played in the evening. kids no longer have any idea about that. i am NOT assigning blame it is what it is not what it used to be.

is the world worse off... yeh, but what can you do?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Well, coaches are just trying to get it to be the way it should be. Parents have also changed from their traditional upbringings.

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i hope you see that i do agree with you.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yes, I do see that. I was just saying some coaches do their part and parents have also evolved.

-I Am What I Am
classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

its not the kida fault that they have more than 3 channels now to watch..the world changes and the people change with it

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

class of 86 that is what i meant by dinosaurs. some people do not change and then they just fade away. but it is not the kids fault times change it is just what drives kids today is not even close to what drove us( well me anyway)! if a coach does not change with the times he will get eaten up. if parents do not show any loyalty how dare they expect a coach to show any to their kids? yet parents seem to demand today's coaches bend over backwards to not upset jr. while still playing ever kid evey minute whether they have worked their tails off or not.

no one is to blame it is just now a coach needs a whole another set of skills.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I totally agree. If kids today did only have 3 channels to watch then I believe they would be alot more disciplined and would be harder working. But i agree that nobody is to blame and these coaches that are gettign near the end of their career are slow to realize this i think

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

fasteach.... you stated, "this is not a meigs thread but i feel compelled to say something here mainly because 4 sporter came on our threads earlier" First of all, two wrongs don't make a right. But you feel the need anyways. Second, you stated, "coaching is more than teaching plays and yelling at the kids when things go wrong.this is not directed towards mr caldwell or any coach out there so do not get mad." If this was not directed at any specific person, then why identify one specific person? Third, you stated, "coaching is about bringing the best out in yourself and your players to achieve as much success in athletics as possible." Real coaches realize that coaching has little to do with themselves or athletic success. When your four years are done, it's the lessons taught through athletics that help to shape these young individuals. Lessons such as teamwork, competition, trust, hard-work, and sportsmanship. Winning just happens to be a whole lot more fun and icing on the cake...especially when you take a step back and examine the big picture. I know this is hard to do, and not everyone can do it, but your elite coaches will agree. This should bring some interesting discussion.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i refered to mr caldwell because this is an eastern thread and he is the eastern coach. i talked to 4 sporter because he and i have talked on other threads and i enjoy talking to him. that was all. it was nothing personal and i certainly not wanting to stir up anything.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Enjoyment, yes

-I Am What I Am
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

coaching DOES mean being successful in athletic competition. a coach should be able to bring his kids to a higher level than they think they can achieve. you learn to trust your teammates and to make yourself reliable because someone trusts you. coaches achieve by bringing out all the abilities that kids do not know they have and molding it into a group dynamic that they can do more together than they can do separately.

so yeh, it is more than yelling. and coach calwell knows this because he is great. it is just what some parents see on the surface that needs educating.

Return to “Boys Basketball”