Oak Hill 39

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Waverly up 3 with 4 minutes to go
they bank in a 3

Waverly 50
Oak Hill 44

Casey Love for Oak HIll sitting on the bench. Hasn't been in since early 3rd I believe. Freshman stepping up

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill takes first lead since they were ahead 4-2 with 1:00 remaining

Oaks then make 1 Ft to lead 56-54

Waverly drives down puts it up and in to tie it 56-56 with 30 seconds remaining

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oaks win at the buzzer
not sure who shot it, Buzzy was yelling to much

I will tell you what happened when he comes back from the break

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Kyle Ondera with an awesome 1:00 of play to end the game.
Key plays by Ondera
-Drives the lane to pull within 1
-Makes a steal off of the inbounds drives and puts the Oaks up 1
-Gets fouled to put the Oaks up two
- Drives the lane and makes a shot at the buzzer to win the game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's hard to watch Jackson get blown out in most games and then see how good Ondera is doing.

A good type of win for the Oaks...they've done the come from behind things a few times now...that's handy during the tourney knowing that you've done it multiple times before.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Waverly played a great game tonight and should be proud of their effort. This team has now lost 4 games at the buzzer this year. Keep practicing hard Tigers and the wins will come!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly went 6-12 from the line and only shot 2 FT's in the 4th.
Oak Hill was 6-8 from the line in the 4th and 10-16 for the game. Can we say make your foul shots!

Walls lead Waverly with 19 followed by Martin with 13. Arnett, Conley, Murray & Roback each chipped in 6. Conley and Walls hit big 3 pointers in the 4th and Murray hit two key buckets, the last one to tie it at 56 with .25 seconds remaining.

The only thing I would have done different at the end was put Mason Good on Ondera. As good as Murray played he was giving up a foot on the one on one. He got a hand in his face but that's as good as he could do.

The Tigers come back home Tuesday to host the Jeeps. Keep working hard and getting better.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Was the player guarding Ondera 4'11 ?...I get your point but how tall is the player that was guarding Ondera

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Was the player guarding Ondera 4'11 ?...I get your point but how tall is the player that was guarding Ondera

The player who was guarding Ondera is listed at 5'6"
The other player Tigers2010 mentioned (Good) is listed as 6'4"
Last edited by sirwalterscott on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ondera is best when it counts the most.....would Ondera have gotten around the 6'4 player?

He was tough late in the tight win vs Burg

How many did Love, Borden and Hale have?

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

Tigers2010 &Gucci,

Hindsight 20/20, much better effort by Tiger but poor free throw shooting, continued turnovers time and time again with sloppy undisciplined passing, poor shot selection at critical times and just bad luck (I guess)led to tough loss!!!

Oak Hill 12-1, Waverly 2-9 and we take them to buzzer at their place. This picture is puzzling. Close games will rarely be won when averaging 20 + TO's a game

Oak Hill very talented but so is Waverly!!

Keep heads up Tigers and wins are on the horizon!!
Last edited by tiger_4_ever on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Wow, seems like quite a game. Congrats to the Oaks for the win, but also to the Tigers for climbing out of a slump and putting on one heck of a performance tonight. Would have like to seen a different outcome, but hey, it's high school basketball and anything can happen in the blink of an eye. Keep your head up, Waverly. You've now shown that you can play with the best in the area, so take it for granted and go out there and get some "w's"!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I know this one is a moral victory, but I'm also pretty sure the Waverly kids (and coaches) aren't really concerned with moral victories. These kids are winners...they've won throughout their careers, and I know this season has been disappointing so far. We just can't buy one...but as others have pointed out...how do you consistently lose close basketball games? You consistently lose the turnover and free throw battle. These are two areas we knew we would struggle with at the beginning of the year, so it's not surprising we're having some bad luck, but this much.... We need some love! We also need the same kind of effort from the kids that we've had the last couple of games. They need to use all of these brutal losses to fuel a fire that can come alive this second half. That's the beauty of basketball...everybody gets a ticket to the dance. You don't have to make the playoffs. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I wouldn't want to draw Waverly's number come tourney time, regardless of their seed.

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

Well said Bookem13,

One would have to wonder what Waverly's record would be if we just averaged 15 TO'S a game and shot 75% from FT line!! In my opinion, 15 and 75 not great but realistic for HS varsity team, I think!
We would not end up in all these close games at end that we can't seem to win.
Moral victory??????

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GOOD COMEBACK OAKS!! WAY TO GO

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I really expected alot more from Waverly this year. Is it a problem of plenty of athletes but not enough basketball players?

As for Oak Hill....these are the type of wins that'll come in handy come Regionals time. They likely won't be tested in the D4 tourney until that point, so some close games won't hurt.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tough loss for the Tigers. It seems like they don't have that killer instinct just yet. They are having trouble finishing teams off.

Return to “Boys Basketball”