Dayton Dunbar ( # 1 ) vs Chillicothe ( # 5 ) at Wellston

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

game is 6 or 6:30 i heard. go chilly make seo proud you have the total package to take dunbar D O W N

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

It sounds like Benson is Dunbars only offense? What happens to dunbar if he gets in foul trouble? Chambers should take it to him, and hitchens and the rest of the cavs should penetrate and make him pick up cheap fouls.

Good luck cavs, either way, this gets them ready for zanesville, and will go a long way to prove to themselves they can play with anyone come tourny time.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

cat1606 wrote:It sounds like Benson is Dunbars only offense? What happens to dunbar if he gets in foul trouble? Chambers should take it to him, and hitchens and the rest of the cavs should penetrate and make him pick up cheap fouls.

Good luck cavs, either way, this gets them ready for zanesville, and will go a long way to prove to themselves they can play with anyone come tourny time.

We will find out Benson is not Dunbars only offense. I have been following Dunbar for over 20 years. Trust me, they will have other offensive weapons and will play like the #1 team.

Cavs need to continue to do what we have been doing. However, we need to limit the turnovers (Dunbar will make us pay), hit the glass and not let Benson dominate on the offensive glass. Contrary to some opinions, I think this will be an excellent matchup of post men. Benson gets the pup (and deserved), but that also comes with winning back to back State Championships. It helps to have Daquean Cook and Aaron Pogue one year and come back with Pogue and excellent guard play last year. If you look at Chambers, he dominated against Brookhaven (29 points and double/double) and North College Hill (26 and double/double). He also played extremely well against Newark. He will be up for the challenge. He is also playing excellent defense right now.

I believe the Cavs experience and defense at guard can be the difference maker. Also, my hope is this is a home game for the Cavs. Dunbar will not travel well for this matchup.

GO CAVS!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There are VERY few offiacting crews I've seen this year thatt can keep up with the speed of this game.

I hope and pray the assumed best refs are doing this game.

I saw a big game early in the season and the refs kind of thought the game was about them and called a bunch of garbage through much of the 2nd half....took away from the game.

Good refs can make the great games even better.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:There are VERY few offiacting crews I've seen this year thatt can keep up with the speed of this game.

I hope and pray the assumed best refs are doing this game.

I saw a big game early in the season and the refs kind of thought the game was about them and called a bunch of garbage through much of the 2nd half....took away from the game.

Good refs can make the great games even better.

Ironman92, Totally agree. My hope is Derrow has put together a solid group that has at least done regional games and are a team. The best refs are usually never noticed.

GO CAVS!!!

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Hitch- Iknow what you are saying in re-to Benson Playing with Cook, Pogue, Anderson and there gang. However He has never shown the ability to due what he has been doing. This kid is playing out of his mind. The number's he is putting up are just in sain. Believe me Dayton got a huge steel. Alot of bigs are crying cause this kid got away. From a college standpoint and recruiting he on another level period.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Could someone please tell me why CHS sceduled there review at the high school the same night as there #5 team in the state plays it toughest game to date aginst the #1 teamin the state. This game is huge. And the Cavs need all the fan support they can get. Well it looks asif some of the student section will have other commitments. To Bad. I was like Hitch and was hoping advantage Chilli cause of the crowd.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I just got home from watching Louisville playing marquette (do the math Army and you can figure out which college I attended) and realized Chilly plays alot like UofL (defensivly). Their Defense is so impressive it sometimes outshines the O. You know one team is up but dont realize it's a blowout till you look at the scoreboard. They kind of slowly dominate a game. Chilly plays great D and @ times this can give people, who dont fully understand the game, the false impression of a boring team. This being said good luck to the Cavs @ Wellston, hopfully Dunbar thinks you are a plodding and boring team.

David
Waterboy

Post by David »

Greg Oden's brother still playing for Dunbar?

tiger_1992
Waterboy

Post by tiger_1992 »

No Odens brother moved back to Indy.

tiger_1992
Waterboy

Post by tiger_1992 »

Benson is not the only player for Dunbar...
Darion Brandon can handle the rock.

Bucknut33
Waterboy

Post by Bucknut33 »

How many people will be going to this game?

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

count me in, me and my girl, maken the trip from osu.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

O.R.prep wrote:Could someone please tell me why CHS sceduled there review at the high school the same night as there #5 team in the state plays it toughest game to date aginst the #1 teamin the state. This game is huge. And the Cavs need all the fan support they can get. Well it looks asif some of the student section will have other commitments. To Bad. I was like Hitch and was hoping advantage Chilli cause of the crowd.

O.R. prep...I will preface this by first saying, the world in Chilly does not revolve around CHS basketball. However, in my case during Dec to March, the world does revolve around Chilly Hoops (just ask Mrs. Hitchbone64).

In all seriousness, the community has to start recognizing these things and understand that the drawing power of a large AAA (D1) school that we were, does not compare to a mid D2 school (that we are). It is frustrating but a reality. Nothing against the Class Revue (I was in one) and played hoops, but our calendar scheduling could be improved.

Some kids unfortunately will miss out on one or the other. I feel bad for the parent that has children in both. My vote would be to drive "that long drive to Wellston" to support the ball player. Mom can stay home and attend the Revue.

GO CAVS!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Dunbar by 12.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Hitch- Totaly do not agree. I think the reason for the type of fan support you see at CHS these days are because this program has been so bad so long that people have yet to understand that this team is a state power . It has just not sunk in yet. A win aginst Dunbar could change that. However I think it dose not matter what division you are. (there are many D-2 programs that sell out every home game and bring mas following everywhere they go.)

I guess I just remember the days in the 80s where if you were not inside the HAT by hafetime of the JV game you would not get in.It did not matter ware this team was ranked or how many loses they had People were crazy about Cavs b-ball.

Coach K has resurrected a once dying program.And has put Chillicoths B-ball back on the Map. When was the last time a Chilly sports team was rank #5 in the state and considered by many to reach the state. It's been awhile if ever.

Bottem line- It's time the administration start scheduling around the succsess of this program.(i wonder if we would make the state if they would even let the students out of school. It's time for this community to wake up. This team is for real.
Go Cavs

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Dayton Dunbar ( # 1 ) vs Chillicothe ( # 5 ) at Wellston

Post by Black Panther »

Army wrote:
Hopsing wrote:8) 8) 8) Saturday, Jan 19th Cavs easily win this one Thats right EASILY Dunbar over rated do not play nearly the teams the Cavs do Hump drops 20 Ray has a double double and not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 flushes Dunbar outplayed out coached out hustled and out of # 1 ranking

:oops: :oops: :oops: Seriously What yall think of this one Got my tickets today 6.00 each going fast What does Dunbar have ????

Hopsing,

CAVS will have to bring there A Game that's for sure. I sure hope the prediction you got there takes place. It's going to be neat to watch our CAVS play in my Alma Maters new Gym. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

ARMY :-D
The Wellston Gym is VERY NICE.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dunbar beat Hiland tonight 59/50

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

O.R.prep wrote:Hitch- Totaly do not agree. I think the reason for the type of fan support you see at CHS these days are because this program has been so bad so long that people have yet to understand that this team is a state power . It has just not sunk in yet. A win aginst Dunbar could change that. However I think it dose not matter what division you are. (there are many D-2 programs that sell out every home game and bring mas following everywhere they go.)

I guess I just remember the days in the 80s where if you were not inside the HAT by hafetime of the JV game you would not get in.It did not matter ware this team was ranked or how many loses they had People were crazy about Cavs b-ball.

Coach K has resurrected a once dying program.And has put Chillicoths B-ball back on the Map. When was the last time a Chilly sports team was rank #5 in the state and considered by many to reach the state. It's been awhile if ever.

Bottem line- It's time the administration start scheduling around the succsess of this program.(i wonder if we would make the state if they would even let the students out of school. It's time for this community to wake up. This team is for real.
Go Cavs

O.R. We may or may not be saying the same thing. My point is last year, this team made it to the Elite 8 in the State. If that does not get you excited, nothing will. We should not have to wait for a 4 year run to get excited. We have all state players in Football and Basketball, yet the stands are empty in Football and 3/4 full in a smaller gym. I am very aware of the 70's and 80's. The problem is corrected through School Spirit, through communication, through pep rallies, etc. There is no reason these games should not be sold out now. Everything I hear is an excuse. Most of the fans are older and remember the Cavs back in the 60-80's. They have been following these kids forever (including myself). I don't harp on the negative, but the faithful need to tell these people what they are missing. This will be the best back-to-back seasons that Chillicothe may have ever seen.

GO CAVS!!!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

OR Prep, Are you kidding? This Administration is Not going to go out of their way to schedule around this teams success. This is the same administration that scheduled Division 2 Wrestling Matches on Feb 15 & 16. These are the same times the boys & girls will NOT be able to use the gym before their tournament games. Also, We finally got an announcer that we can understand and is willing to add some excitement.... Why are we turning down his volume?? TURN IT UP! He sounded Great before you messed with it. I liked the way he announced the starting lineup the last few weeks. He brought energy to the gym and from what I have heard he was asked to tone it down. What a joke!

Its no wonder Chillicothe Athletics has been down in recent years. This is a team that can play at the State level. Have they had any pep rallies here recently?

Return to “Boys Basketball”