Is Zanesville leaving the SEOAL after the 2008-2009 season?

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

2old wrote:Hey Pleasnt,

That is a false named. There is nothing pleasant about you. I happen to respect Zville on the field and court. It is people like you who think they know my mind(and you can not because your mind is too small) that i have a problem with. Also teams like yours that tell us how they are going to "take back the league" and then don't back it up. If you had backed it up none of you tigers would have heard from me

I will do my own posting and hve my own opinions. I do not need some guy from Ironton speaking for me. You guys haved your own problems.

BTW, Zvegas i would say you are right. The league overall is unbelievably weak in BB at the moment. It can not last forever. However, Zville would always be toward the top of the heap in BB.

I knew about this before it broke and no one has seen me post anything negative. But be advised WHEN the once proud tigers turn tail and run i doubt I will be as kind.

Too old, I am a very PLEASANT TIGER ,I just get tired of reading the vile garbage you spew out here on this board. Your obviously jealous of the storied history of Ironton football. I would of thought that this past season your chiefs had would have been enough to brighten your demeanor and not kick the lowly Tigers-since the last two years seem to be all you can remember. I guess that first round playoff loss affected you more than you care to admit. Have a PLEASANT day.

PS
Do you find problems easier to fix if you break them down? If so maybe you can haved logans playoff woes!

:D :D :D
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Pleasant,

As i have indicated you do not and can not know my mind. I will remind you my mind is too vast for the likes of you to grasp.

Alas the term respect is funny coming from almost any Tiger poster. Check out the facts. I have long been a believer of the Tigers past. However sadly for the Tigers it is just that. THE PAST!!!! Check out the facts. You will see i have never denied your proud past. It is your current mediocre condition that is upsetting you tiger guys. I merely point it out to you.

The Tiger fans must learn respect. It is the only way you will be shown respect. Also it would help if you had more than an 11-11 record in your last 22 games before you whine about Logan losing to a D-2 playoff team.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

I'd say Zanesville pick's up more games with the OVAC league which they are still members and that helps on travel most are in Wheeling area which are all around an hour away or a little more with exception of Steubenviile area which is north up the river and hopefully keep Newark and a few others on there present scheldule.The ECOL league and OCC would be great but i dont see them wanting us. :( :(

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Certainly, "old foes" will be tapped to go back on the schedules if another league does not take us. As far as I know, bridges were not burned when we opted to join the SEOAL.

The funny thing about Steubenville is that the TIME of the drive is about the same as it is to Logan, as just one example.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Certainly, "old foes" will be tapped to go back on the schedules if another league does not take us. As far as I know, bridges were not burned when we opted to join the SEOAL.

The funny thing about Steubenville is that the TIME of the drive is about the same as it is to Logan, as just one example.

I hope you don't forget your old C.O.L. and present SEOAL friend Chillicothe on some of those FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL schedules :!: :-D

To bad we couldn't revamp the C.O.L. and add Logan to that mix. :-D

C.O.L. West
Chillicothe D3
Upper Arlington D1
Lancaster D1
Logan D2
Newark D1

C.O.L. East
Zanesville D2
Coshocton D4
Cambridge D3
Dover D3
Marietta D2

But you know how that goes......keep dreaming right :?: :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2old wrote:Pleasant,

As i have indicated you do not and can not know my mind. I will remind you my mind is too vast for the likes of you to grasp.

Alas the term respect is funny coming from almost any Tiger poster. Check out the facts. I have long been a believer of the Tigers past. However sadly for the Tigers it is just that. THE PAST!!!! Check out the facts. You will see i have never denied your proud past. It is your current mediocre condition that is upsetting you tiger guys. I merely point it out to you.

The Tiger fans must learn respect. It is the only way you will be shown respect. Also it would help if you had more than an 11-11 record in your last 22 games before you whine about Logan losing to a D-2 playoff team.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- geesh 2old, put a sock in it. you brawk, like a foolish parrot, 11-11, last 22 games. dude, we know. you should be allowed a dry spell, every 35 years or so. you fail to post logan is like 5-21 against ironton. and from what i hear , ironton is going nowhere. I LIKE THE LEAGUE. IT FITS IRONTON WELL. ALLTHOUGH WE ARE TOO SMALL TO FIELD THE VARIETY OF SPORTS, THAT EXTREMELY LARGE D2 SCHOOL'S HAVE. but i figure we fare just fine. your babbling is wearing me out. surely you can post with intellect. i'd love to see this, I CALL YOU LARRY, THE LOGAN GUY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NOW THATS FUNNY, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE. :razz:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so let me get this straight, ironton has a bogus school board vote, about leaving the SEOAL. people from new zealand , and logan, chastise and baste us. zanesville, says they are gone. larry the logan guy , (2OLD) says ironton can't compete. we drummed zanesville in football, last year, and lost the same year to div. 1 logan, in football. but we can't compete, puhleeze. anyway. zanesville wants out, sounds like it's a done deal, zanesvegas says. and you wish them well. say you hope you can still be friends, that is so bogus. and just further proves that TIGER ENVY, IS ALIVE , AND WELL. -------------------- DEAL WITH IT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

what did you do to Zanesville this year in football and basketball and last year in baseball? One win in all of the contests! not a great percentage!!!

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I think the difference, YTB, is simply the differing ways the two schools handled the situation. Ironton has certainly pulled back now, and will basically go through the same process we did here, and then make a decision based on that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hell, at least wer had a meeting, bogus as it was . we thought it thru somehow. not through the proper channels , mind you. you guys must be meeting like the underground railroad, you have not even had a meeting, and your declaring a slam dunk. why aren't you guys getting the same crap said about you that they said about the fighting tigers. ANSWER THAT. IN LAYMEN'S TERMS.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Because our administration -- AD in particular -- was asked to do the due dililgence FIRST, then present the solution. That "solution" is going to the board next week, at which time they will make a final determination ... after studying the evidence.

Ironton, on the other hand, did it backwards from that.

I noted this elsewhere, but "slam dunk" is my opinion. I know the board members, and I doubt any of them will look at the evidence and then believe we should stay in. And certainly, there would not be a majority of them.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

2old wrote:Pleasant,

larry
I'll type this slow so you can get it. Believe me I never tried to grasp the vast, open, and empty areas of your mind.Where did respect come from, it definitly didn't come from me when talking about or to you larry. As i said you sound as though you suffer from a memory disorder that only allows you to remember two years. the number 11 seems to stick in your mind. when Logan gets to 11-11 in the mighty D2 playoffs lets talk. the catch is they have to obtain 11 wins before we discuss it. I know the 11 losses will be no problem, but by the time your cheifs get to 500 in the playoffs in mighty D2 we'll both be long gone and planted in the ground. Maybe the cheifs can petition the OHSAA to play in lowly D4 and below for the playoffs. They can state mental anguish of their players and fans over the years from gettnig their hopes up with a great regular season only to fail miserably come post season time. Have a PLEASANT day larry.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

pleasant,

Now you read real careful. I have no memory problem. You have a comprehension problem. You ignore all the Ironton posts that warned us poor SEOAL teams that Ironton is coming back. My question is when. So far that has not happened. The first time ironton has a good year in the SEOAL this time around get back to me. Until then live with your 1989 memories.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Why did a discussion of Ironton vs Logan football get started on the Basketball forum????

Army
S

Post by Army »

Old Tom Morris wrote:Why did a discussion of Ironton vs Logan football get started on the Basketball forum????

It always does......Tom :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Army and Tom,

I was gonna stay out of this but as always I have to help you guys out. Please note it was ALL started by "Pleasant" If you guys could read you would not have to ask the question.

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Post by cows and chickuns »

2old wrote:Army and Tom,

I was gonna stay out of this but as always I have to help you guys out. Please note it was ALL started by "Pleasant" If you guys could read you would not have to ask the question.

ACTUALLY, if you go up and read at the top of the page, Zanes-Vegas said something about football, then you did 2old, TWICE and then Army made a comment about football ALL before PLEASANT tiger did.

Maybe we should read a bit before we post...... :roll: :roll:

Army
S

Post by Army »

cows and chickuns wrote:
2old wrote:Army and Tom,

ACTUALLY, if you go up and read at the top of the page, Zanes-Vegas said something about football, then you did 2old, TWICE and then Army made a comment about football ALL before PLEASANT tiger did.

Maybe we should read a bit before we post...... :roll: :roll:

cows and chickuns,

Yeah, but not Logan and Ironton....I mentioned that I hope the B-Ball Series between Chilli and Zanesville continue after Zanesville leaves the SEOAL and heck for that matter in football too. Read first before inserting foot in mouth and speaking out of line. :-D :roll: :roll:

What would Touchdown Jesus Say :?: :-D

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Thanks cows ,you and Touchdown Jesus keep spreading the good word. ;-) Not one time in my original post did I bring up Ironton or Football. I just didn't want untruths about reasons why zanesville is leaving the SEOAL to be spread by larry. Then he came on and brought up Ironton Football, Guess he just can't stop thinking about them TIGERS! Just stop larry because your just like your cheifs in the playoffs-you just can't win!
have a very PLEASANT day larry.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

2old wrote:pleasant,

Now you read real careful. I have no memory problem. You have a comprehension problem. You ignore all the Ironton posts that warned us poor SEOAL teams that Ironton is coming back. My question is when. So far that has not happened. The first time ironton has a good year in the SEOAL this time around get back to me. Until then live with your 1989 memories.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Return to “Boys Basketball”