RV at Chesapeake 1/18

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

RV at Chesapeake 1/18

Post by pantherpaw »

Last meeting, Chesapeake won at River Valley 86-77. Round two takes place Friday night with the Panthers (10-2) playing in front of the home crowd. Thoughts?

Let's go Peake!!!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Shoemaker really hurt RV last game. Not only did he score around 30, he had many assists. He created shots for his teammates and they finished. I dont know if RV can slow him down.....I think Chessy needs to have a off night shooting if RV is gonna win.

lancersfan
Waterboy

Post by lancersfan »

Goodluck Chesapeake!!!! Shut the Raiders down !

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

What, no comment about the OVC being tougher than TVC :?:

Didn't Meigs beat your lancers? RV beat Meigs in the first of their two games with Meigs.

bleacherbum
Waterboy

Post by bleacherbum »

Chesy will win by at least 20. Good luck and be injury free.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Panthers ahead 83 - 46 with about 4 minutes left in the game.

If Chesapeake takes care of the basketball and stays out of foul trouble, they should win this one.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Peake 85
rv 55

Final

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

moose wrote:Panthers ahead 83 - 46 with about 4 minutes left in the game.

If Chesapeake takes care of the basketball and stays out of foul trouble, they should win this one.

I'm glad they let you out for this one.... I did notice you had to leave a little early... Hopefully they will be lenient with you the rest of the season. :)

bleacherbum
Waterboy

Post by bleacherbum »

Way to go Chessy.....all the players played well.....team ball....they have really got it together. Shoemaker played a great game. I think he had 26 pts and several assists.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :-D :-D :-D

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congrats to the Panthers on the win.

Best of luck to Coach Layton and the Raiders the rest of the year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Haven't posted for a while about the Panthers.....but I see that Chesapeake basketball is doing quite well under Coach Davis. I am very happy for Focused.....he is a true gentleman in every sense......he was very gracious when his Panthers beat my Trojans.......and I know he is always rooting for our Coach Shoemaker.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

trojandave wrote:Haven't posted for a while about the Panthers.....but I see that Chesapeake basketball is doing quite well under Coach Davis. I am very happy for Focused.....he is a true gentleman in every sense......he was very gracious when his Panthers beat my Trojans.......and I know he is always rooting for our Coach Shoemaker.

trojandave ~ I'm glad we played the Trojans early in the sesason.. Although most teams improve over the season (they should), Portsmouth may be doing it faster than a lot of other teams.....Coach is doing a good job at P-town.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

While this Peake team isn't QUITE up to the powerhouse standard we saw under Coach Persin, a 10-2 record against a group of good teams is nothing to sneeze at.

The local newspapers, the Trib & Huntington's Herald-Dispatch, have been a little lax in posting Peake scores this year.

Coach Davis deserves some recognition for turning Peake's fortunes around after last year's fiasco. (Taking nothing away from Coach Cannonball, who finished out last year as head coach, he inherited a disaster from his predecessor!) Peake just overwhelmed a RV team which came to win, not just to be an opponent, & so far the papers have been silent. Why just post Chesy's game summaries when they play Fairland or South Point? River Valley is also an OVC opponent.

C'mon, news media, give Peake equal coverage, as you did in the Persin era!!

bleacherbum
Waterboy

Post by bleacherbum »

There was a big article in the Ironton Tribune,but nothing in the Hearld Dispatch. I agree Misteroby. Good luck Chesapeake in your games this week.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

There was just little clip in the Saturday Herald Dispatch and a decent sized article in the I-town Tribune. The only reason WSAZ was even at the Peake vs. SP game was because they were called. If you notice, Huntington High makes the front of the sports page no matter what.

Return to “Boys Basketball”