Logan Elm 57 at Teays Valley 49 ... a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan Elm 57 at Teays Valley 49 ... a final

Post by pfloyd »

... hooked up the Garmin to the "pfloyd 'hoe" plugged in the Sirius radio and headed to Teays Valley to catch my 3rd look at Logan Elm this season ... wasn't disappointed as LE jumped all over the Vikings 23-2 by the end of the first period of play - Steve Largent led the way with 8 points, treys by the usual cast of characters Adam Blake,Tim Congrove, Chad Holbrook ... the LE defense forced 9 TV turnovers, gave up but one FG - in transition - not out of the offense vs the LE half court D ... the route was officially on ... the 2nd quarter had the LE D not allowing a TV fg through 6 minutes ... that would be 1 fg in the first 14 minutes for Teays Valley if you're keeping track - game, set and ..... hold your horses - the Vikings pulled out some defense of their own in the 2nd quarter allowing only 8 LE points AND in the final 2 minutes of the quarter picked up 11 of their own to cut into the lead and start to bring big MO back to the Teays Valley side of the court ... Logan Elm 31 Teays Valley 13 at intermission ... the 3rd quarter had TV doing their best impersonation of the Braves as the Vikings shutdown Coach Stiverson's troops - holding the Braves to 6 points in the quarter while posting 15 to their side of the scoreboard - if you're counting it was a 26-14 advantage for TV in the middle quarters (I was counting it's what I do) - Logan Elm 37 Teays Valley 28 after 3 quarters ... with the 4th quarter a little over 2 minutes old Steve Largent was whistled for his 5th personal foul ... as you would expect Coach Etzler for TV pounded the ball inside ... TV got within 4 points at 47-43 before a parade of Braves to the free throw line ... LE went to the line for 19 FTs in the 4th hitting on 13 with the last 11 points being from the line for the Braves ... Logan Elm 57 Teays Valley 49 a final ...

Teays Valley Napkin Stats ...

Scoring ... Race 14/Dresbach 11/Anderson 10/Stewart 4/Ell 6/Heckler 3/Trego 1 ...

3 pointers ... 2/7 ... Heckler/Dresbach 1 each

FT's ... 11/20
TO's ... 17 on the game ... 9 in the first qtr... only 8 the rest of the way ...

Logan Elm Napkin Stats ...

Scoring ... Adam Blake 14/Tim Congrove 14/Chad Holbrook 12/Steve Largent 12/Bryant Blake 5 ...

3 Pointers ... 5/8 ... Congrove 2/Chad Holbrook 2/Adam Blake 1

FT's ... 20/29 ... 13/19 in the 4th period

TO's ... 20 !!!!!!!! can't recall ever seeing an LE team with that many TOs in a game

... big TO numbers, 20/29 from the line with a number of those being the front end of a 1 and 1 ... adds up to lack of focus after jumping out to the big lead ... hard to get it going after the opposition gets some confidence that they can take it to you defensively ... Teays Valley is a very physical ball club from what i saw - seemed to get take away the LE focus from the game put the boyz into thinking about BEING physical instead of playing their game - basketball ... BUT a "W" on the road is good no matter how you slice it ... Logan Elm goes to 11-3 on the season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... was going over the napkin stats I had on this one I forgot to mention one player who might just have been the difference in this one - Mark Coleman for Logan Elm ...didn't score a single point BUT came in as he always does as a role player ... only 6-0 tall played solid D, 100% hustle on the boards and last night had two big time assists - got the ball inside in the 4th period , new where his perimeter shooters were - in this case Chad Holbrook - kicked it outside for a key 3 pointer by Holbrook, the second big assist - still in the 4th , Coleman was fed in the high post from the perimeter, Pete Blake did a V cut to go back door - Coleman found him for an easy lay-up ... Mark Coleman assisted on 2 of the 3 Braves FGs in the 4th period ... great job by a kid who seems happy to be THE role player on the LE squad - gives 'em everything he's got whatever amount of time he sees the floor ... every team needs a Mark Coleman - great job MC ...you were noticed from the cheap seats at Teays Valley last night ... keep up the great work ethic - you help make the LE team a TEAM ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”