CHILLY 59 <> ZANESVILLE 58 - FINAL OT - WOW!

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

To all fans attending the game Friday night. Come early and get some Dominoes pizza in the school cafeteria. The Zanesville Basball team in hosting an All You Can Eat Pizza night for only a mere $5.00. it will take place from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Please come and support the baseball team.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

If you fill up on pizza believe me you'll sweat it off it will be hot in the gym.
This game will be like a heavy weight fight.Good luck and hope every one stay's healthy for tournament...GO BLUE DEVIL"S

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

GO ZANESVILLE!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

GO Chillicothe CAVS :!: :-D

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Go Cavs

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

This should be another great game . Cavs defend better than anyone i've seen in years on the high school level .Our guards put so much pressure on the ball it's amazing sometimes . If Dawes plays like he did against Dunbar and Humpty stays out of foul trouble we should win . And please hit some freethows !!!! Hopefully it won't be the same refs as the Desales game ...LOL.... I agree w/ some of the other posters Humpty signed too early.... GO CAVS!!!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

ZANESVILLE 68-66

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Tuesdays games are now over. Close one for Z-Ville (possible sneaking a peek to Friday, or Logan just played lights out), Chilly rolls big time.

The Clash of the Titans arrives Friday in Zanesville. Last years issue was the weather. This years issue is ticket availability. We are being assured by Z-Ville that walk up tickets will be there (long drive if not).

Saying that, this is a marquee matchup of two excellent teams.

Z-Ville gets the edge in two areas. 1) Home Court Advantage - The crowd will be big time pro Z-Ville 2) Revenge - inspite of what I have heard, the the Z-Ville kids (and staff) want to get back the Cavs from last year (two great games). They don't want to lose 3 in a row and then have to roll into Chilly for the DOC. I know the tourney is what they are about, but these kids are competitors.

Chilly gets the edge in two areas. 1) Z-Ville is probably a better team then last year, but Ray Chambers simply was a monster last year on the boards. Even with the Z-Ville Junior Big, I believe Dawes and Chambers, combined with Smith off the bench control the glass. 2) Perimeter defense - all 3 guards. I know I will get bashed on this, but I am not sure there are 5 teams in the state with better perimeter defense at the top and wings then the Cavs. Z-Ville plays great D, but our kids are playing at another level. We forced Dunbar into 20 plus turnovers, just playing 1/2 court D.

I have other opinons, but I would like to hear the pros/cons from others.

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

hitchbone64 wrote:Tuesdays games are now over. Close one for Z-Ville (possible sneaking a peek to Friday, or Logan just played lights out), Chilly rolls big time.

The Clash of the Titans arrives Friday in Zanesville. Last years issue was the weather. This years issue is ticket availability. We are being assured by Z-Ville that walk up tickets will be there (long drive if not).

Saying that, this is a marquee matchup of two excellent teams.

Z-Ville gets the edge in two areas. 1) Home Court Advantage - The crowd will be big time pro Z-Ville 2) Revenge - inspite of what I have heard, the the Z-Ville kids (and staff) want to get back the Cavs from last year (two great games). They don't want to lose 3 in a row and then have to roll into Chilly for the DOC. I know the tourney is what they are about, but these kids are competitors.

Chilly gets the edge in two areas. 1) Z-Ville is probably a better team then last year, but Ray Chambers simply was a monster last year on the boards. Even with the Z-Ville Junior Big, I believe Dawes and Chambers, combined with Smith off the bench control the glass. 2) Perimeter defense - all 3 guards. I know I will get bashed on this, but I am not sure there are 5 teams in the state with better perimeter defense at the top and wings then the Cavs. Z-Ville plays great D, but our kids are playing at another level. We forced Dunbar into 20 plus turnovers, just playing 1/2 court D.

I have other opinons, but I would like to hear the pros/cons from others.

GO CAVS!!!

Good Review :!:

SendItHome24
Waterboy

Zanesville vs Chillicothe

Post by SendItHome24 »

Great review! I'll be making the trip to the game and it should be a great one.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill/zanes

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Hitch, that kinda post makes the forum interesting...Good perspective.
I agree about Chillicothe's defense, very good. Zanes will have to handle the ball without turning it over, PLUS, getting into their offensive sets. Foul trouble could be a major player iin who wins the game..Chillicothe has the edge in Dept. I do believe Zanesville "can" be a match up problem, IF! they can exploit them... Andre Harris is Zanesville's leading Rebounder and @ 6'5" with long arms and athletism who can handle the ball and also a very good shooter, will be a load. Pratti (Jr. big) is 6'6" with long arms and plays taller with good BB skills. He can handle the ball, rebound, can shoot 3's. Then of couse their is Logan Aronhalt @ 6'4" and can leap out of the gym and score. This is a much "bigger" team than last year. Pratti is really making progress and could be the key. i've seen him play the big kid from Nerk and the two 6'8" kids from Warren Harding and really played stellar in both games. Then add Cedric Harris @ guard, who was about 5'9" or so last year and now is @ least 6'0" with great ball handling skills as well as good leadership. Ced really makes this team go. That's where Chillicothe could cause Z-ville some problems with their outstanding D. Last year Ced had a very difficult time getting Z-ville into their Offenive sets and played tenitive against Chillicothe. If they can make him ineffective this year, Chillicothe will have a good shot. There are so many keys to this game, I believe that's what makes this match up so interesting. Each team is capable of blowing the other out, if the other makes a mistake. The crowd will be great, I here though the grape vines that the community of Zanesville is very excited about this game. Two very good teams, ready to go! I live in Chillicothe, I love it here, But I am a Zanes grad and still have family and many friends in Z-ville, so excuse me for rooting for Z-ville in this one...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

tbreeze,

I would be disappointed if you were not rooting for the Ville. You also make excellent points on the matchups. We will be a bit undersized on the D end with the three 6'4 plus guys. I do like our matchup with Chambers inside, but Prati,Harris and Aronhalt will be a load. Last year, Aronhalt stayed primarly outside (defended by Givens). Not sure what you will do with him this year, but I guess inside, we may see Chambers use his length against him at times and Dawes bang with him as well. If he stays outside to help handle, then Knights, Beverly and at times Smith/Benson will be on him.

Interesting subplots throughout this game. Who is the 5th starter on the Ville. I know you had the two 3 pt bombers last year. I only saw half of the Harding game, so I did not get a good read on the players.

GO CAVS!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

tropicalbreeze,

I wouldn't expect it any other way. Just like my alma mater....some have wondered why I wouldn't root for Jackson, saying yeah but they are in the SEOAL. Sorry, I will always root for Wellston over Jackson in that situation and expect you to be the same towards your alma mater Zanesville.

Good Luck to your Blue Devils :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Chilli wins in a close one

good luck to both teams

SendItHome24
Waterboy

Post by SendItHome24 »

Hitchbones I believe one of the 3 point bombers last name is Centers. Take that for what it's worth.Also I like your posts on the huddle very intelligent.You're firing people up overthere!

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

i see where a lot of Chilly fans refer to the game agianst Dunbar a lot on this and other posts. I don't think Dunbar was good as we are supposed to believe. They did only beat a small D4 school Berlin Highlan by 9 points earlier. My opinion is that they were truely overated at #1 in the state before the game agianst Chilly. I think there schedule is the true indicator of that. The way Zanesville and Warren Harding played leaves me to believe Zanesville will get this one in a close one. For both teams i hope the league has assignned some good officials. Form what i have seen so far this year there aren't too many that can get up and down the court with these up tempo games. I hope both teams are afforded the luxury of good officials knowing that this game is going to be a barnburner and the officials we get aren't there to be THE GAME but officiate the game. Good luck to both teams, it doesn't get any better than this. By the way the loser of this game can no way consider themselves a loser because this contest will only make both teams better down the stretch.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I believe these two teams are the best in SE-Ohio and Eastern-Ohio. They both have an opportunity to shine Friday and in the Tournament. Hopefully, all the way to the Championship Games. Winning the whole enchilada. WOW....just like the old C.O.L. days. That would be a big boost for recognition, concerning our SEOAL in Basketball wouldn't it :?: :-D

Both Teams have great coaching staffs, players and fans! Good luck to both these fine outstanding SEOAL Teams. Hey by the way.....where has Zane Vegas been ? It's like he disappeared off the map on here. Zanes Vegas we miss your comments on our up-coming game. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

Roll Big Blue and White Cavaliers to Victory :!:

ARMY :-D
Last edited by Army on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

To be honest - Z-ville has much more to lose in this game. Not only is there redemtion from the two loses from last year. Being switched to Div 1 means there chances to really go far in the tourny are slim with the likes of Northland and a team out of the southwest coming to C-bus for the Regional.

Chilli on the other hand can lose this game . and they could even lose the league title game in a couple weeks.(even though I think these teams split a win a peice) the Cavs have the easiest road to Columbus then anybody in the state period. And that is this teams goal. so they (chilly) can lose this game . It is not going to stop them from acheving there main goal.

However the bottem line is here is this game is going to be a great game.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

:twisted: :twisted: Let all the brethern of Ross County gather and pray that the snow stops falling We ALL know what a snow flake means in Z-Ville Let us all hope that as of 11:59 PM tonight that the flakes are done

And by the way Chilli 86 Z-Ville 53 you heard ( saw ) it RIGHT HERE

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Shane Centers is the one Hitch was talking about he's no bomber that's Brandon Mill's are top sub Shane is our muscle guy who played a great game at Logan Shane was one of the best football players Zville had.

This game will have some great match up's basically it will be speed vs speed both teams play great 'd' it might come down to who has last shot.Can't wait 4 friday and have a safe trip to Zanesville.

GO BLUE DEVIL"S :) :) :) :!: :!:

Return to “Boys Basketball”