SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

What is Easterns JV record now with the loss

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
BelEagle79
Waterboy

Post by BelEagle79 »

This is getting old concerning the sign on the wall with the referee shirt and the 6th man on it. I may be wrong but this has nothing to do with the referees. It was started several years ago when the 6th man was starting to be a force, prob in the early to mid 90's and alot of the 6th man fans( student section ) wore striped referee shirts. Usually there are a few each year that still wear the striped shirts to the games.

Travis Davis ,I know wore a shirt like that for years and always rode the refs the entire game and the tradition continues.

If you really believe that sign on the walls gets belpre some extra calls.. you need to watch games anywhere and you'll see calls being missed for every team.. home or away.

Ok that was my rant... just tired of reading about teams being homered.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

thank you beleagle79!
Kids have been wearing ref shirts to the games since Travis and all of them started it back in the late 90's...heck I even wore one a game or 2 haha

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

BelEagle, thank you for clarifying...that is not known by people who dont really follow belpre sports. But once again, all teams get cheated on calls--i was just saying officiating was poor...Everyone gets bad calls against them. That is just Basketball.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Here is a link from the local writeup in the Parkersburg paper. It will take you to a listing of stories...the game is the 7th one listed I think.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/cat ... /5063.html

the future
Waterboy

Post by the future »

Lynch had a good night shooting. watkins was a stud on the offensive end but young and still needs to learn how to play d at the varsity level. he will be a great player one day. i have no clue why waderker came out and didnt go back in. Tate's shot wasnt falling but he attributed 8 assists. sims is a beast. 17 points 8 boards. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

BELFAN4EVER
Waterboy

Post by BELFAN4EVER »

The Belpre Eagles played a nice team game. Balanced scoring three kids in double figures[Lynch 22 Watkins 22 Sims 17] and Tate 9 . For Waderker
being out of the game to many turnovers thats why. Logue stepped up and
played some great D. If everyone would play there roll this team will be fine, it's when one person wants to take over they get in trouble. Play as a team Friday and shock the TVC with a BIG W at McArthur. GO EAGLES !!!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

IMO Waderker should be getting some JV minutes some nights. Nothing against him he's a great kid and a spectacular athlete, but against teams like Warren and Vinton that are so much bigger and stronger than he is, Waderker is simply overmatched. And if he's not playing 4 quarters a night in varsity, why not get him as much experience as possible and let him get a couple quarters in JV? I also believe Kelvin Eaton should be brought up some to help in the rebounding/inside D on the varsity level. He's tall, long, and can jump out of the gym. If he will just rebound and play D I think he could help the varsity team out.
Not downing the coaches decisions or anything of the sort (so dont jump all over me and say I'm not supporting the kids and coaches), just stating my opinion..

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

beleagle05 I couldn't agree with you more. Both BIGS on the JV would be a great addition to the varsity level. I am not sure why they haven't moved them up. They can help now. We are missing that player who is happy with being the defensive stopper and rebounder. With #13 out and #31 getting into foul trouble we are pretty thin on size after #23. I think we can make some noise come tournament time if we get it together.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”