Zane Trace 80 Portsmouth 74

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

I dont think that portsmouth will have any problem beating Zane Trace... Zane Trace has played and beaten some really good teams, but they dont play as hard of a schedule as portsmouth obviously with Zanesville Chilli and warren...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

If........Portsmouth can play 4 consistent quarters vs. the Pioneers, they have an excellent chance of advancing. The main problem for the Trojans this year has been inconsistent play......but not talent.

What is encouraging is that in the last several games, PHS has played much better defense than earlier in the year. They have been executing Coach Shoemaker's man, zone, and press defenses much better as of late. That wasn't the case in December.

The offense is at its best in the open court, but with Anthony Williams back, Portsmouth now has a double threat down low with Nate Cadogen. Williams can, however, step out and hit a 3 on occasion.

As far as the 10 seed for PHS, I don't agree with it but the Trojans spoiled their chances for a higher seed early in the year, losing some games they had a good chance of winning going in. At least Portsmouth did avoid the 8-9 seed....and thus #1 seed Huntington Ross. The last 2 years PHS had to play Wheelersburg in the sectional....so at least we have more hope of winning the sectional this time around.

Portsmouth really doesn't have a win that jumps out at you......but look at these road games so far for the Trojans......

at Wheelersburg #2 seed D3
at Logan...lost to Zanesville by 1 point....Chieftains have winning record
at Warren #2 seed D2
at Chillicothe #1 seed D2
at South Point #1 seed D3

And Portsmouth did win at Minford 79-72 in OT the 1st game of the year.

Games remaining....H with Chillicothe tomorrow, @Zanesville Friday, @Ironton next Tuesday, and the DOC at home with either Warren or Logan

The Trojans have played a very good schedule.....and by the way, Warren is MUCH better this year than last year. They were 8-8 at the draw last season, this year 12-4.

The Pioneers will be a tough foe for the Trojans, having Huntington, Piketon and Washington CH among their wins, but if we can play consistent basketball at both ends......I like our chances. If we don't come out and execute, we will lose.

This is not the Portsmouth of 20 years ago that for the most part could just show up and roll over most teams. The tradition of the past has nothing to do with this matchup.

GO TROJANS!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would rank this game as the toughest to predict of all the early tournament games.

I don't know who will win.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Both teams are inconsistent with talent. ZT has been winning lately even though they continue to shoot poorly at the line. They played a lot of games early on the road and have won at home since the turn of the year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Portsmouth 78-65.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Zane Trace starts three sophmores. Depends on what team show up how competitive this game is.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Zane trace won 72-62 over Adena

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Adena and ZT are now both 10-7, 7-4 SVC

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

nickle back wrote:Zane Trace starts three sophmores. Depends on what team show up how competitive this game is.

we start a freshman and a sophmore, and only have one senior starting, so we to know all about what team shows up.

hope to see a good game.

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

Portsmouth by 15. Look out ZT. These kids are looking pretty good. Two 6'7" kids, a guard that drills the 3 with little hesitation.

If you build it, they will come
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bitbucket

was that you sitting over there with your SEOPS shirt on?

sorry I didnt make it over to say hello, walk the stairs to get to the rafter seats,,it takes me till after the game to recoop for the walk down :oops:

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

Anyone know what Zane Trace's JV team record is? Just wondering...

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

zane trace has won 8 of their last 10 games this team will beat the trojans by 10 at least

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth didnt look bad at all against Chillicothe. Portsmouth is much better than what their record and seeding indicate. If Portsmouth shows up and plays like they can, then this game wont be much of a problem. I dont see Zane Trace being able to shut down the Trojans.

casebolt101
Waterboy

Post by casebolt101 »

ZT by 5

Maxwell has been playing great as of lately, getting good points of the bench as well PHS from what I saw this yeaar at CHS has no bench to fall back on.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Bump

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

portsmouth by 18

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Sure am hoping to get back home to see this one. Should be a dandy with the Trojans coming out on top by a couple of treys.
Ozzie,bigdowgg, and trojandave also hoping to see you in the man box at the day of champions,along with tobias and others.
You guys are the greatest for keeping guys like myself who follow the Mighty Men of Troy from such a long way away. It is deeply appreciated.

"Once a Trojan, Always a Trojan."

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Portsmouth by 15

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If this game was at Zane Trace, I'd take them to win, but it's not...so Portsmouth by 7. I think Matt Miller will have a big game for ZT. It's just too bad that these teams somehow got matched up like this.

Return to “Boys Basketball”