Zane Trace 80 Portsmouth 74

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I don't eat bratwurst at the football tailgate, and I prefer salad over a steak anyday......so I don't qualify to sit in the man box.............

I really love my new seat...........the coaches NEVER listen to me......... :-D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Seriously, we need to get Anthony Williams and Cory Reeves back. Williams should be back after the Ironton game, but Reeves status is uncertain.....he is supposed to get his knee examined.

We need to be at full strength when we play the Pioneers. If not, it's without question a more dicey situation.........

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You didn't think of putting another Trojan picture up there did you?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Portsmouth can win they'll be part of a sectional final between the Seaman team and the Trojans.....with some students from PMS rooting them on.

TrojanFan_#1
Waterboy

Post by TrojanFan_#1 »

With the Trojans tough schedule they play I see the Trojans taking the win. The Trojans also need Cadogen and Williams to step it up. Not sure if Reeves is going to be back by tournaments, which can be a real bummer, but Bendolph is playing great and Johnson is playing well, so let's see if we can put it all together. TrojanDave, I hope you keep your new seat, I enjoy talking ref calls and players with you. Just remember if you get thrown out down there, I'm with ya!! :lol:

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I like ZT in a close one. They have played a pretty tough schedule @ VC, Huntington X2, Piketon X2, Logan Elm, Courthouse.... I dont know how PHS has had a tougher schedule. With the exception of Chilly, Zville and Warren not a spectacular schedule.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

The SEOAL has two teams WAY ABOVE everybody else in SE Ohio....Chillicothe and Zanesville. There are also 2 teams that are good but don't get very much publicity.....Warren and Logan. Portsmouth played ZHS, Warren, Logan, and Chillicothe on the road, with only Chillicothe as a home game.

Portsmouth played at Wheelersburg, at South Point, and Chesapeake at home.

I would safely say that for a D3 school, that is a very good schedule.

Zane Trace has more quality wins than Portsmouth, no argument there, but they have not played a better schedule.

Bottom line for Portsmouth.....if we don't come out and play well, we will lose. If we come out and play well, I think we will win. And I'm sure that Zane Trace fans feel the same way.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

TrojanFan #1: I plan on being there for a long time.......and I will be looking for a front row seat for the Zane Trace game. Hope to see you at Waverly next Tuesday!!

GO TROJANS!!!

TrojanFan_#1
Waterboy

Post by TrojanFan_#1 »

I have to say I agree with TrojanDave 100%. TrojanDave I will be there next Tuesday, save me a seat!! I want to be on the front row as well. I'll see you at Ironton tomorrow night.

GO TROJANS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote:TrojanFan #1: I plan on being there for a long time.......and I will be looking for a front row seat for the Zane Trace game. Hope to see you at Waverly next Tuesday!!

GO TROJANS!!!

WOW,,,Hope we didn't make you mad :oops:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

you have never seen me at a FOOTBALL game gave you? 8)

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Paint Valley 52
Zane Trace 49

Zane Trace moves to 11-8 while Paint Valley is 4-15.

The Pioneers have trouble on the road yet again.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

It takes mental toughness to win on the road. Thats why I believe Portsmouth wins this game against trace.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think it will be close no matter who wins.

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

I dont....I pick Portsmouth by about 15+.. The way portsmouth man-handled Ironton, really blew my mind!!! Thats the way everyone has expected the trojans to play all year!!! I can say this as a fact if the Trojans play like that against Zane Trace, there will be no contest!!!

75-52 Portsmouth!!~~~

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Still see this as a close one with the Trojans coming out on top by about 6.
Will be getting on the road tomorrow afternoon sometime for the 10 hour trek back to good ole P-Town. I will definetly be at Saturdays SEOAL Day of Champions game. I expect that the Trojans will offer a little surprise to the Warriors of Warren by coming out on top in this one and taking 3rd place in the SEOAL. Then will be off to Waverly on Tuesday to see the MEN of Troy beat Zane Trace and advance to Friday nights game,(Also winning this one). Then it is back here(PA) for about 8 days before going down to the Convo to watch the Trojans do battle. I really truly believe that the Trojans can pull this off as they have shown alot of improvement since the first of the season.
Looking forward to taking my seat in the man box.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Should I no longer sit in the man box???

I don't know anybody from Warren and I know only 1 person from Zane Trace (Coach Allen) -- but, I could sit with our opponent again, and again, and again, and again...

...at least sitting with the Ironton fellas worked in our favor for an 18 point Trojan victory!

8)

nawwwww,,come on back to the man box,,,,,

IF we lose then we will kick you out :lol: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Sounds like a plan. :lol: :lol:

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace ends the regular season at 12-8, 9-5 SVC.

Westfall ends at 9-11, 6-8.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I still think Zane Trace takes this one on Tuesday night, but to be honest, it could be 20+ either way. Like I said before, both teams have been inconsistent this year. i. e. ZT losing to Paint Valley and Unioto. Portsmouth has been up and down. Zane Trace plays decent on the defensive side and they have been on the offensive glass lately which helps when you don't shot well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”