Here's the link.
Congratulations, Drew!

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Congrats Drew! :-D

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

congrats drew. he makes it two years straight for a burg senior and i believe either the 3rd or 4th in 3 years for scioto co. wasn't aldridge and throughman nominated also?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Thats nice.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Mad_Dogg wrote:congrats drew. he makes it two years straight for a burg senior and i believe either the 3rd or 4th in 3 years for scioto co. wasn't aldridge and throughman nominated also?

In 2002, Andrew Burleson was nominated for the McDonald's All-American game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

socfan wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:congrats drew. he makes it two years straight for a burg senior and i believe either the 3rd or 4th in 3 years for scioto co. wasn't aldridge and throughman nominated also?

In 2002, Andrew Burleson was nominated for the McDonald's All-American game.

i knew burl was. but isn't this the 3rd straight year a player from scioto co was nominated

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

congrats to drew....saw him play in the scrimmage at Sp on less than a week of practice(eliminated that friday night in football) he is the real deal....again congrats nd good luck at elon

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Drew. It couldn't have happened to a finer young man.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
buckeyesportsman
Waterboy

Post by buckeyesportsman »

Congrats to Drew. No matter what school you root for its good to see kids from this area getting some recognition. Congrats to the Hitchens kid from Chillicothe also.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Congrats to Drew on the nomination. A very nice player on and off the court.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats Drew. Very well deserving honor.

Everyone knew when Drew was in the 5th grade that he was going to be a special basketball player and he hasn't disappointed.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats to Drew.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Congrat's Drew... and good luck @ the next level...

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/

This link explains the process and how the nominations begin.

McDonald's All American High School Basketball The Selection Process
The Search Begins
The initial list of potential names is gathered by Sports America, Inc., which has worked with McDonald's in connection with the McDonald's All American Game since it was founded in 1978. Names are submitted by members of the Selection Committee as well as state representatives who religiously follow the prep scene in their areas. In addition, Sports America subscribes to every major basketball publication and is read very
carefully by its staff to ensure that some deserving players are not overlooked. Many rising seniors make this list based on an excellent junior year or for having an outstanding summer participating in summer camps and AAU tournaments. There is no set number of how many players can be nominated throughout the country. Traditionally, the final total is between 1,500 to 1,800 for boys and 900 to 1,200 for girls.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

someone mentioned the 5th grade. He was such a crybaby then. Rod, love you man!! The boy grew up!!! I have been one of those offsite Burgites that watched this kid grow, and grow... He had alot of hard times early in his career because of his size, he always managed to complete every task. Those early coaches put him to use when HE didnt really want it but look at him now! WOW! Congrats to Drew and a job well done! Dont get distracted in college, use the experience that you have gained now and make ELON a positive experience for you. MAKE IT COUNT! Get your education and get your dream chance for the NBA if possible. Its up to you. I am sure those parents will be giving you every opportunity!

Good job ROD and your better half!! LOL!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

I remember Drew playing in 5th grade and even before that down at the Y in Portsmouth. That WAS the NBA to him then....Had a fierce competitive streak and work ethic that just wouldn't quit. All of those boys from that little Wheelersburg team fed off one another that way. That competitive drive always come from within. It can carry a ball player with talent a long way. Congrats. Good luck in North Carolina.

Return to “Boys Basketball”