Fort Frye (15-3) @ Warren (16-2) 2/21

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye (15-3) @ Warren (16-2) 2/21

Post by EasternDspy »

Magnolia is AA and is going to probably win state they go 6-7,6-6,6-6,6-5.They have not even lost to a team from WVU and just beat Barnesville 87-40.Mark Winters from Magnolia is a D1 prospect better then any player on Warren.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Just because Warren is in a bigger conference, doesn't mean they are automatically better. Their entire schedule isn't exactly made out of powerhouses, nobodies is. Don't forget, Warren plays Belpre as well. Kind of hypocritical to rag on a team for playing Belpre when you do the same. I'd say teams like River or Shenandoah from the little old PVC would be right on par with a lot of the teams on Warren's schedule. This was a 4 point game last time these two met. You can be confident, and respectful at the same time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Were you even at the 1st game????I don't care what league a school is from or how big and bad they think they are but FF is 16-3 for a reason.Yea they lost to Waterford 43-45 but they also beat Waterford 75-33.They also have not lost since Jan 6th.FF is a good team.P.S the "weak" PVC is going to probably have 3 district teams out of 7 teams.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warrior fans are still basking in the glow of defeating the Chillicothe Cavaliers on Friday night after 5 consecutive losses to them....it was the battle that was predicted, evenly played, very physical, Chilli was up 5 in the first half, Warren was up 7 after 3 quarters....but Chilli battled back, then Warren went up 50-45 and hung on for a mentally draining 2 point victory....what a huge confidence boost for the Warrior boys going into the Ft Frye game and the postseason, you can't really quantify it....but you can see some parallels here, yes FF stubbed their toe against Waterford, but the Cadets are playing very well and are enjoying some huge wins as well by winning their conference tournament this weekend....so going into Tuesday, may the best team win, it is Warren's senior night, they have a chance to make Warrior history by winning 18 regular season games....never been done before (they won 17 regular season games last season)....if you look at Warrens second half, they are beating teams the second time around much worse than they did the first time; Belpre, Logan, Jackson, Marietta, and then beating Chilli after losing to them by 9 at their place...so the Warriors are rollling, they are playing much better the second half in all phases, yes they have confidence, but this senior laden team will not lose their focus or have a let down, they are on a mission....don't know where it will end, but they will not lose Tuesday night, not because it is FF, just because it is not their time to lose yet....so by 1 point or 20, they will win....FF has a fine team and this loss will not deter them from their mission....I predict a 10-15 point win in this one, Warren lead the entire game 1, lead in the second half by 10 only to let the Cadets make a run and make it fun....this one in the Warriordome will be this group of tremendous SENIORs night to shine!!! We invite the Cadet fans to stick around for the festivities after the game.....GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It will be a battle it always is.Yea Warren had a 10 point lead but FF had the ball down 2 when. Shon shoot a bad 3 with about 20 secs left.Then Schwendeman stole the ball and took a bad shot on the baseline thinking a lot less time was left.If was great game like I think this one will be.Kyle Schwendeman and the other Srs really want this game.I think Warren will win by 5-8 but it will be close.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I enjoy watching FFs style of basketball and have a family member on the team. They are very good. I also know most of the boys on the Warren team. I honestly think this game will come down to one main factor...how the officials call the game. If they call it tight it will come down to the team that executes better in the 4th quarter. If it is called like most SEOAL games Warren will win by 15+. WHS is way too strong and deep for Fort Frye to hang with if it is allowed to become a physical game. I think in the long run the Cadets will be better prepared for the tourney if it is a physical game. At some point that is what you are going to see. Good luck to both teams and hope everyone comes out of the game healthy and ready to go for sectionals.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

I drain 3's wrote:Just because Warren is in a bigger conference, doesn't mean they are automatically better. Their entire schedule isn't exactly made out of powerhouses, nobodies is. Don't forget, Warren plays Belpre as well. Kind of hypocritical to rag on a team for playing Belpre when you do the same. I'd say teams like River or Shenandoah from the little old PVC would be right on par with a lot of the teams on Warren's schedule. This was a 4 point game last time these two met. You can be confident, and respectful at the same time.
Like I stated before.. when Warren wants to be one of the BIG boys of Ohio bball, they will quit playing the "little schools". They play Belpre because it's a rivalry, from previously being in the same conference way back when. It makes me laugh that someone would even try to compare FF's schedule to Warren's.. I can honestly say that FF has not played a team even close to the caliber of Chillicothe, Portsmouth, or even Waverly. I honestly think Jackson, Marietta, Athens(both non-conference), and Logan would beat FF. They could probably beat Gallia twice (now but not back a few years ago)and maybe New Lexington(non-conference)? I would love to see Warren play Waterford and Frontier twice a year and see what the results would be. FF would be 3-7 at best in the SEOAL!!!

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Magnolia is AA and is going to probably win state they go 6-7,6-6,6-6,6-5.They have not even lost to a team from WVU and just beat Barnesville 87-40.Mark Winters from Magnolia is a D1 prospect better then any player on Warren.
Bluefield will win AA this year. Oh, I forgot, they are single A for 2012-13 season! my bad!!

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Were you even at the 1st game????I don't care what league a school is from or how big and bad they think they are but FF is 16-3 for a reason.Yea they lost to Waterford 43-45 but they also beat Waterford 75-33.They also have not lost since Jan 6th.FF is a good team.P.S the "weak" PVC is going to probably have 3 district teams out of 7 teams.

this just in...FORT FRYE will lose again on Feb. 21!!!! final record 16-4...good season, but no match for the Warriors!!! next year won't be any better either!! I've seen your JV and bench....Might be a few years before FF beats Warren again!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dude Fort Frye is much better then Jackson,Marietta,and Athens I think they would go 6-0 or 5-1 vs the 3.Also if they can play with Warren why do you assume that teams like Portsmouth,Chilli,and Waverly would crush them.I was at the Waverly game and they are a one man team that if you force him to take bad shots there not great.Athens has 2 good freshman but they are not even in the SEOAL.Judging by you knowledge of your own teams league I don't really care what you have to say the rest of the Warren fans have given FF respect.Also FF smacked Marietta bad in a scrimmage early in the year I was there I kept score it was like 68-42 in 4 qts.Also you diss Belpre who is 15-5 and won TVC and beat Marietta.Guess what FF beat Belpre.FF has really been awesome lately winning the games they should and upsetting POWERS that were suppose to beat them by 30.The Cadets last 5 wins Waterford 30-75,MC 75-40,Fron 75-26,Doah(15-4) 66-58,and Magnolia 64_51.The Magnolia game was very physical and I believe FF found a way to stop the inside game.I think it comes down to if Warren makes 3s.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Magnolia is not going to be single A or go to LKC you are straight making stuff up.Magnolia is the biggest team in OVAC AAA.Good try to just start making stuff up to make a point.You are a moron if you actually read my posts I said Warren will win and should win they have 300 boys to FFs 128.Also the reason they play this game is because both schools make a boatload of money.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Magnolia is not going to be single A or go to LKC you are straight making stuff up.Magnolia is the biggest team in OVAC AAA.Good try to just start making stuff up to make a point.You are a moron if you actually read my posts I said Warren will win and should win they have 300 boys to FFs 128.Also the reason they play this game is because both schools make a boatload of money.
YES they are!!! check the WVSSAC site. Five Class AA schools dropped to Class A, including Greenbrier West, now the largest school of the class with 428 students. Also dropping from AA are Magnolia, Sherman, Tyler Consolidated and Tug Valley. btw..morons do know more about WV schools when they live in the state they are talking about!!

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Dude Fort Frye is much better then Jackson,Marietta,and Athens I think they would go 6-0 or 5-1 vs the 3.Also if they can play with Warren why do you assume that teams like Portsmouth,Chilli,and Waverly would crush them.I was at the Waverly game and they are a one man team that if you force him to take bad shots there not great.Athens has 2 good freshman but they are not even in the SEOAL.Judging by you knowledge of your own teams league I don't really care what you have to say the rest of the Warren fans have given FF respect.Also FF smacked Marietta bad in a scrimmage early in the year I was there I kept score it was like 68-42 in 4 qts.Also you diss Belpre who is 15-5 and won TVC and beat Marietta.Guess what FF beat Belpre.FF has really been awesome lately winning the games they should and upsetting POWERS that were suppose to beat them by 30.The Cadets last 5 wins Waterford 30-75,MC 75-40,Fron 75-26,Doah(15-4) 66-58,and Magnolia 64_51.The Magnolia game was very physical and I believe FF found a way to stop the inside game.I think it comes down to if Warren makes 3s.

So what you are saying is FF would finish 4th in the SEOAL? my point exactly!! their schedule doens't match up to Warren's. I would bet Warren would finish higher than that in the PVC? pretty desperate when you start pulling out pre-season scrimmage games!! btw.. Warren just beat Belpre by like 30? Also, I would pay triple money to watch FF play Chillicothe and Portmouth, and get run out of the gym!! the last time anyone over 6'8 was in FF gym was Cunningham from Waterford, and we know what he did. The London boy from Chilly would probably make your janitor replace the backboards after halftime!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I would hope you play a tougher schedule Warren is a big D2 and FF is barely D3.What do you want FF to do enter the Columbus City League????FF has played in the same league forever that doesn t mean that they won't bring like they did the 1st time...When was the last time Warren made it to state or regionals?

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

Dspy likes to hang his hat on scrimmages.

Warren wins by 12.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ok Magnolia might be moving to A but still about 100 students bigger then FF.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

tougher road to state or regionals for Warren. Bigger schools=better competition. FF wouldn't make it out of Warren's sectional! not too many D3 players make it out of HS to college ball. for example... your best player from last year is playing college baseball. Warren's best two players from last year are playing D2 basketball and D1 football! one of thier fellow D2 competitors from Chilly is playing D1 basketball at UTEP.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Ok Magnolia might be moving to A but still about 100 students bigger then FF.
50 of them are GIRLS, lol!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That's what divisions are for so you compete againest schools your own size.It doesn't mean FF dos not have a great team.Small little Fort Frye has been to state twice.Its weird that the teams you. Brag about Ironton and Portsmouth are D3 and FF made it to state in D3.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

At the end of the day FF is going to come to play on tuesday and won't be a 20 point blowout.

Return to “Boys Basketball”