S

Re: Fort Frye (15-3) @ Warren (16-2) 2/21

Post by Whs95fan »

56-45 final Warren.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

24-10 in the 4th?! Hey FF, hit the weight room and find a 6th and 7th player, and maybe you can last for FOUR quarters! :lol:

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

I'm sure a good amount of those points were probably foul shots. congrats warren on a regular season record.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Warrior in WV wrote:24-10 in the 4th?! Hey FF, hit the weight room and find a 6th and 7th player, and maybe you can last for FOUR quarters! :lol:
I have no ties to either team, but you're seriously making Warren's fan base look really bad. I know every school has some obnoxious fans, but come on. Maybe it's time to mature a little bit.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Give Fort Frye credit...they played the Warriors tough for 3 1/2 quarters. Warren's depth and strength got the best of them late in the game. It looked like the Cadet's legs weren't under them late when they needed 3s and they kept coming up short.

Fort Frye only had 3 team fouls with less than 2 minutes to go...wasted half a minute trying to get Warren to the line.

Great night for Warren's 5 seniors. 18-2 school record for regular season.

Evan French is a game changer....WOW!

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

Straight facts 3 drainer! Warren's depth and strength showed in the 4th quarter! I for one don't like Warren playing the little schools! I wish they would play all D2 and AAA and take a step toward the next level in Ohio bball!

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Warrior in WV wrote:Straight facts 3 drainer! Warren's depth and strength showed in the 4th quarter! I for one don't like Warren playing the little schools! I wish they would play all D2 and AAA and take a step toward the next level in Ohio bball!
You said it all in one post.

It's not about hitting the weight room or more of it. Warren is so much bigger. The depth proved it tonight. Looking at a schedule, why would they play the likes of Fort Frye and Belpre? One reason, well really 2. A great local rivalry. Or at least they used to be and the second, a great gate for the home teams! Warrens is huge compared to these 2 schools and should beat them both year in and year out. 356 Boys for Warren and 128 for Fort Frye. I'd say looking at these numbers The Fort did pretty good to stay with them for 3 quarters. If not for Fort Frye, IMO having the best coach in the Valley, it would have been over a lot sooner. Great game! Enjoyed it. Congrats to both teams on great regular seasons and Good Luck in your tourney runs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warren is a good team and in both games showed they are a clutch team.Good luck Warriors vs New Lexington.Most if you Warrior fans seem to know you're stuff but Warrior in WV you're a total tool and give your school a bad name.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

I will give Fort Frye credit, they are a nice team and play hard as always. However, I could see the legs were going out from under them before the 4th quarter started. Warren owned the 4th and Frenchie hit the big 3s that sparked the run.You can not beat a good Bench and Warren has one of the best I have seen in years.

The game was a good one for both teams going into the tounament and good luck to Fort Frye. You gave a good EFFORT!!!

How close was the game?? Here are my stats

Warren
18-41 from the field 44%
8-19 3s 42%
12-20 foul shots 60%
26 rebounds 8 off.
11 turnovers

Fort Frye
15-48 from the field 31%
8-24 3s 33%
7-11 foul shots 64%
23 rebounds 8 off.
13 turnovers

Great to see the seniors go out with a good win!!!!!!!!

The Warren JVS won but do not have the score.

GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I agree excoach. The bench is nice to have. Great bunch of young men. The bench that compliments the starters. Its a great revolving rotation. We have a great mix of God given talent. It was great to hear these young men compliment each other verbally. Derek Zach Kyle Shon: Thank you. Your sportsmanship and talent will carry you far into the tourny. Dspy...try to make yourself a good name for the boys that work hard for your enjoyment. Dont look at everything as an arguement. Shon thanks for takin your time to sign that book. I have a big L for you for oldtime sake.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

EasternDspy wrote:Warren is a good team and in both games showed they are a clutch team.Good luck Warriors vs New Lexington.Most if you Warrior fans seem to know you're stuff but Warrior in WV you're a total tool and give your school a bad name.
How do I give WARREN a bad name for pointing out straight facts? I know my stuff by pointing out that Warren shoudn't be playing the smaller schools if they ever expect to get out of D2 Regionals. Depth, strength, and height will be the deciding factors when it comes to putting banners in your gym. Warren has 2 of the 3. When the Columbus/Cleveland/Cincy teams come calling, Warren will need the height. Juast because I won't bow down to the almighty Dspy and worship the FF Cadets, I give Warren a bad name? lol!! If you don't like the way I play, take your ball and go home!!!

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

What a dramatic finish to the regular season! To EXCELLENT teams and two GREAT coaches....Coach Dan had his plan and Coach Maddox had his...Maddox had decided to start his 5 seniors on SENIOR NIGHT at the start of the game and the start of the second half....the teams played even in the first half as the FF boys hit big 3's and T Ward kept the Warriors in the game with clutch shooting....Maddox rotated in French, Yabs, and Patton to keep people fresh....In the 3rd FF played their patented ball control, his some big shots while Warren struggling moving the ball and making shots...FF got up, I thought it was 7, 35-28 AND HAD THE BALL and many of us got very concerned....but Maddox had his plan....he turned up the defensive pressure, caused a couple of big to's, and Warren made a mini-run at the end of the 3rd and got it down to 3 points....that was HUGE! Then in the 4th Evan French must have had a seizure because he went unconscious and ripped off 4 3's in a row....he had that same look in this eye he had at Chilli when he went off for 40! He has learned how to come off the screens and he just continued to step back as far as he needed to to launch the big shots....hats off to FF, you guys were tremendous, played with such great heart but in the end it was the Warriors who would not be denied on senior night....Josh, Jace, and Austin you are the blue collar guys who do the physical work and wear down the opponent from the inside out....you could see it as the FF shots were short in the 4th....Hastie had an off night shooting but someone always steps up for this TEAM....FF should be and is proud of their group....strap it on cause here come's the post season for BOTH OF THESE GREAT TEAMS!!!

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

warriorfrosh wrote:What a dramatic finish to the regular season! To EXCELLENT teams and two GREAT coaches....Coach Dan had his plan and Coach Maddox had his...Maddox had decided to start his 5 seniors on SENIOR NIGHT at the start of the game and the start of the second half....the teams played even in the first half as the FF boys hit big 3's and T Ward kept the Warriors in the game with clutch shooting....Maddox rotated in French, Yabs, and Patton to keep people fresh....In the 3rd FF played their patented ball control, his some big shots while Warren struggling moving the ball and making shots...FF got up, I thought it was 7, 35-28 AND HAD THE BALL and many of us got very concerned....but Maddox had his plan....he turned up the defensive pressure, caused a couple of big to's, and Warren made a mini-run at the end of the 3rd and got it down to 3 points....that was HUGE! Then in the 4th Evan French must have had a seizure because he went unconscious and ripped off 4 3's in a row....he had that same look in this eye he had at Chilli when he went off for 40! He has learned how to come off the screens and he just continued to step back as far as he needed to to launch the big shots....hats off to FF, you guys were tremendous, played with such great heart but in the end it was the Warriors who would not be denied on senior night....Josh, Jace, and Austin you are the blue collar guys who do the physical work and wear down the opponent from the inside out....you could see it as the FF shots were short in the 4th....Hastie had an off night shooting but someone always steps up for this TEAM....FF should be and is proud of their group....strap it on cause here come's the post season for BOTH OF THESE GREAT TEAMS!!!
Warrior in WV, take notes. That is how you win with class. Great post warriorfrosh.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Ohh Frosh: Im gonna miss this. Maybe when we get a few grand kids in about ten years we can bump into each other and start this stuff all over again. I dont know about you but Im gonna ride this wave as far as I possibly can. Heres hoping and praying it takes me all the way to the shore. You keep writing. No one can be another pfloyd, but you definately have potential to retire as a sports writer. Warriors TOGETHER...
Hastie is baitin em in. Hes the next shooter.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

Warrior in WV, take notes. That is how you win with class. Great post warriorfrosh.

I took notes and this is what I came up with..Warren beat Fort Frye in basketball... HO HUM!!! another day at the office!! Warren should beat FF in basketball, and just about every sport for that matter(can't remember the score of the last football game?). As far as a rivalry, I can see why Warren would keep Marietta, but no reason to keep FF on the schedule. I would rather see them play PHS, South, or travel to a Holiday tournament and play D2 schools or other WV AAA. I would rather see Warren lose to larger schools and prepare themselves for tournament ball, than play teams that they ultimatley overpower after 3 quarters. As we all know, the game consist of 4 quarters and come tournament time, Warren's competition will play all 4 quarters!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dude Warren is good but they're not the 96 bulls.Give FF some respect and maybe people wouldent think you're a dbag.It was a good game and is a good series.Warren did not get worse for playing this game.They're are a lot of D2 teams FF could beat.FF is a lot better then Warrens round 1 tourney opponent New Lex...Again congrats to the Warriors.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Warrior in wv: thanks a bunch for your input. It is duly noted and I will certainly address the issue the next opportunity I get. I am sorry I let you down and I promise I will do better next time.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren will be looking for other opponents to replace Meigs, New Lex, etc, but they should continue to play FFand Belpre...they're competitive games and great for the fans....and there are many sides to scheduling up or over scheduling....how did it turn out for Chilli this year?...13-7 and getting hammering I think by 20+ in four of those losses to big DI schools around Columbus....IMO those games did nothing to prepare Chilli in any way to beat Warren the second time....only outcome was Chilli got demoralized mentally and losing got to be acceptable to them this year (this is not a hit on Chilli, they did what they thought best for their team, results just didn't turn out like they hoped).....so why go to Columbus and get your butt kicked just to say you are one of the big boys, if it really doesn't help you?? Warren's schedule is pretty good but yes Maddox will be looking for 2-3 more competitive opponents for next year....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also I don't think FF will fall off the map next season they still will have Lang,Smith,Legrean,Anderson,and Brooker just won't have much depth again.Both Jr high teams are fantastic so I think they will go 15-5 next year with a chance to win the D3 district.D3 East is by far the weakest district in all the east.Hiland,Rosecrans,and Malvern are all pretty good in D4.At the end of the day in basketball small teams can play with big teams.

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Warrior in wv: thanks a bunch for your input. It is duly noted and I will certainly address the issue the next opportunity I get. I am sorry I let you down and I promise I will do better next time.
If you are the schedule maker, get rid of the ...as Dick Vitale would say, "cupcake city teams"!!! btw frosh, I didn't say schedule D1 teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”